2022 392 Stripper?

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
For 2022 Jeep should offer a stripped down 392 Rubicon option with cloth seats and without all the expensive tech for $60k or less.

How awesome would that be? They would sell a boat load. How many of you would buy one? I'm pretty sure I would!!

Let's hope and pray They do!! Jeep are you listening?
Sponsored

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
I waited and waited and waited for the 392 to be an engine option, not a package - finally gave up and ordered a loaded 392 last month, looks like I'll pick it up next month.

Features I didn't want - hard top, painted flares, adaptive cruise, possible a couple others. I was hoping we'd also see the next gen uconnect for 2022 as well, but that was seeming less and less likely, plus with all the production delays etc I was afraid a 2022 wouldn't end up in my driveway until June.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
That's non-sense. 392's target audience is those who buy high end loaded.

Buy a sport and swap in a Hemi if you can't pony up.
Who are you?? Get real. Just because Jeep slapped a $77k+ price on the first rendition of it doesn't mean there can't be other incarnations of it and it's only for rich snobs. I bought my 2015 Scat Pack Challenger 392 for $38k brand new. Please tell me what makes the 392 Jeep so special that it costs literally double the price of that car? What because it has 4 wheel drive and leather? Lol..

I hope Jeep does offer it so stuck up people like you roll over, throw a temper tantrum and cry!! šŸ¤£šŸ˜­

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I waited and waited and waited for the 392 to be an engine option, not a package - finally gave up and ordered a loaded 392 last month, looks like I'll pick it up next month.

Features I didn't want - hard top, painted flares, adaptive cruise, possible a couple others. I was hoping we'd also see the next gen uconnect for 2022 as well, but that was seeming less and less likely, plus with all the production delays etc I was afraid a 2022 wouldn't end up in my driveway until June.
That's my main issue besides the price. 80% of the stuff it comes with I don't want. I hate leather especially in an off road vehicle that the top comes off that turns into an oven in the sun. And I don't want or need all that tech and I want a soft top only. I don't want to deal with taking off a hard top every time I want the top off and have to store it. Soft tops can just fold right down on the go.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
That's non-sense. 392's target audience is those who buy high end loaded.

Buy a sport and swap in a Hemi if you can't pony up.
There's a market for stripped down Hemis. If you build it, they will come.
Just because all the rich guys are buying the 392, doesn't mean they are the only ones who want them. I would have seriously considered trading in my V6 if they didn't cost 2 Rubicons.

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
Would be kinda cool to see the 392 power on street tires.

Sponsored

Chacalou

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Who are you?? Get real. Just because Jeep slapped a $77k+ price on the first rendition of it doesn't mean there can't be other incarnations of it and it's only for rich snobs. I bought my 2015 Scat Pack Challenger 392 for $38k brand new. Please tell me what makes the 392 Jeep so special that it costs literally double the price of that car? What because it has 4 wheel drive and leather? Lol..

I hope Jeep does offer it so stuck up people like you roll over, throw a temper tantrum and cry!! šŸ¤£šŸ˜­
Absolutely agreed with you !

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner

How do you know he has a 392?

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
There's a market for stripped down Hemis. If you build it, they will come.
Just because all the rich guys are buying the 392, doesn't mean they are the only ones who want them. I would have seriously considered trading in my V6 if they didn't cost 2 Rubicons.
I have still yet to see another 392 in SoCal. I saw one in AZ. I do see quite a bit of Rang Rovers, Porsche, Mercedes and Ferrariā€™s though. At least in Orange County, California thereā€™s not many ā€œrich guysā€ buying them. I think most people buying a 392 are already passionate about Jeepā€™s and love a naturally aspirated V8.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I have still yet to see another 392 in SoCal. I saw one in AZ. I do see quite a bit of Rang Rovers, Porsche, Mercedes and Ferrariā€™s though. At least in Orange County, California thereā€™s not many ā€œrich guysā€ buying them. I think most people buying a 392 are already passionate about Jeepā€™s and love a naturally aspirated V8.
Correct, and I havenā€™t seen another in central California either. Iā€™m sure the marketing department is listening and If the boatload of sales is determined to be in addition to, not instead of the fully loaded models sales it will happen.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
For 2022 Jeep should offer a stripped down 392 Rubicon option with cloth seats and without all the expensive tech for $60k or less.

How awesome would that be? They would sell a boat load. How many of you would buy one? I'm pretty sure I would!!
:CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL: Yea, that will happen, because they care NOT about profit but what the customer wants. Probably be shipped on the same truck as the 2 door Gladiator.
Sponsored