Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I used Hikeit on my JLs with the 3.6L but when researching for the 2.0L the Idrive seems to be more popular.
I've had the EVC iDrive on my 19 JLUR for nearly 4 years now, and it's been great. Because of that, I haven't had any need to keep a detailed eye on throttle controllers. It's only been when questions arise on my posts about it, that I've poked into it a bit.

Here it is...

https://www.ultimate9.co/our-range/...troller-to-suit-jeep-wrangler-2018-on-jl.html
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Hikeit. Great little device. Economy mode is like dragging a 30 foot boat though. ;)
During on road daily driver duty, I leave mine set to "U2", which is the lower end of the performance or "Ultimate" drive mode.

The only times I desensitize the throttle response with eco mode, is when jogging down a bumpy trail or during more technical climbs. Pretty much any scenario that has me bouncing in the seat, causing unwanted throttle stabs that would make the Jeep keeping lurching fore and aft.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I've had the EVC iDrive on my 19 JLUR for nearly 4 years now, and it's been great. Because of that, I haven't had any need to keep a detailed eye on throttle controllers. It's only been when questions arise on my posts about it, that I've poked into it a bit.

Here it is...

https://www.ultimate9.co/our-range/...troller-to-suit-jeep-wrangler-2018-on-jl.html
That's the one. I had a great conversation with Bernie from Ultimate 9 yesterday and will def be buying one.

BIGW0RM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Raptor // 22 M3 Comp X // 20 RRS
I have the pedal commander with BT. It took out all the jeep throttle delay and made its drivability so much better. Huge change in how it reacts.

BUT, I have noticed at times, that I will give it some gas to go and it will delay at random and then spike! Its not as drastic as I am making it sound but ive noticed it a few times. I have only used one of these pedal commanders in my Raptor before with no issues like this. But I did notice it on my jeep v6 etorque and dont suggest anyone use the pedal commander.

So I will be looking into that evic thing.

KevinLo882

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Camaro ZL1
There might be some solutions to your problem. Service centers should be able to diagnose and fix the issue, but it really depends on what's causing the delay in the first place. It could be something as simple as a dirty air filter or a clogged fuel injector, or it could be a more complex issue that requires more extensive repairs.

As for the Pedal Commander, it's definitely a popular option among Jeepers who want to improve their throttle response. From what I've heard, it basically removes the delay between pressing the pedal and the vehicle actually moving, so you get a much more immediate and responsive driving experience. However, the downside is that it can be pretty pricey, so it's up to you to decide if it's worth the investment.

One thing to keep in mind is that installing a throttle module like the Pedal Commander might void your warranty, so you'll want to make sure you understand the potential consequences before you go ahead with it.

Sponsored

BIGW0RM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Raptor // 22 M3 Comp X // 20 RRS
The delay the OP is speaking about is very common in todays cars. They purposely delay it for stop and go traffic to help them get a better MPG rating. Almost every american brand seems to really delay the throttle these days. Some drivers notice it and dont like it. Others think its normal and say to just press the gas down more.

While I would rather not have to add a throttle over ride. I do find it necessary with most American made cars these days.

The PC is only two connections between the thrttole pedal and the wire coming out of it. It tucks into the dash and looks totally factory if you where not looking for it.

If for whatever reason you have issues that are NOT related to throttle. Then just unplug before going to the dealer. It takes all of 5-10 minutes at most.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Apropos nothing, today I got on the accelerator a little too hard from a dead stop on asphalt and squealed the tires a bit... Definitely something that never happened on the Renegade... I'm digging the 2.0T. :)

Sponsored

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
I have the pedal commander with BT. It took out all the jeep throttle delay and made its drivability so much better. Huge change in how it reacts.

BUT, I have noticed at times, that I will give it some gas to go and it will delay at random and then spike! Its not as drastic as I am making it sound but ive noticed it a few times. I have only used one of these pedal commanders in my Raptor before with no issues like this. But I did notice it on my jeep v6 etorque and dont suggest anyone use the pedal commander.

So I will be looking into that evic thing.
That is the transmission delay downshifting. Unfortunately, the auto transmission loves to be in the absolute highest gear possible all the time, and will have to downshift every single time you attempt to accelerate.

A little frustrating to say the least. Wish there was a module to reprogram the shift points like there is for the throttle.

Last edited:

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0

Imarednek

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 jeep jl 2.0
There might be some solutions to your problem. Service centers should be able to diagnose and fix the issue, but it really depends on what's causing the delay in the first place. It could be something as simple as a dirty air filter or a clogged fuel injector, or it could be a more complex issue that requires more extensive repairs.

As for the Pedal Commander, it's definitely a popular option among Jeepers who want to improve their throttle response. From what I've heard, it basically removes the delay between pressing the pedal and the vehicle actually moving, so you get a much more immediate and responsive driving experience. However, the downside is that it can be pretty pricey, so it's up to you to decide if it's worth the investment.

One thing to keep in mind is that installing a throttle module like the Pedal Commander might void your warranty, so you'll want to make sure you understand the potential consequences before you go ahead with it.

Imarednek

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 jeep jl 2.0
2023 JL 2.0, bought a pedal commander hoping it would reduce throttle response time, didnt work. 12,340 miles on the clock. No warning lights on. The only thing i noticed with pedal commander is that it reduces the amount of pedal travel to get to wide open throttle. Does not improve throttle response.

ManOfSteel_Rust

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0T/E-Torque
I have a 2019 2.0T/E-torque and still had the throttle delay. Like others said, this is programmed into modern vehicles to meet EPA MPG standards. I installed a pedal commander years ago and love it. It is nice to have adjustability as my wife likes a different throttle response than I do. Super easy install/removal.
Sponsored