Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Now that the order guide is out I can see what is actually included in the Willys. Unfortunately not enough value for me.

The things I would actually pay for are:

- HD Brakes (only way to get them on the Sport) - Retails for $895 before installation
- LED lighting - $695 option
- Anti-Spin Diff - $595 Option

That's $2,200 out of a $5,700 package.

- Other things that have value but I would replace:

- Wheels/Tires - $1,200 approx
- Rails $1,000 approx
- Floor Mats = $165

The rest is cosmetic. Too bad. It's a good looking package and the HD brakes are a nice little upgrade.

It is overpriced for what you get.

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
Now that the order guide is out I can see what is actually included in the Willys. Unfortunately not enough value for me.

The Altitude Sport also has the HD brakes. Oddly, Altitude Sport has the HD suspension, and Willys does not?

Other than wheels, I'm liking the Altitude Sport more than the Willys.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
The Altitude Sport also has the HD brakes. Oddly, Altitude Sport has the HD suspension, and Willys does not?

Other than wheels, I'm liking the Altitude Sport more than the Willys.
Sorry you’re right on the brakes. I don’t see the suspension in the order guide. Shrug emoji. It may have it. That would make it more attractive.

wrc777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250

- HD Brakes (only way to get them on the Sport) - Retails for $895 before installation
- LED lighting - $695 option
- Anti-Spin Diff - $595 Option

That's $2,200 out of a $5,700 package.

- Other things that have value but I would replace:

- Wheels/Tires - $1,200 approx
- Rails $1,000 approx
- Floor Mats = $165

The rest is cosmetic. Too bad. It's a good looking package and the HD brakes are a nice little upgrade.

It is overpriced for what you get.
It also includes the Sport S content which is a $3200 option so not a bad deal if you want most of the options. If you equip it similar to a rubicon (convenience and tech) and add led and floor mats to the Rubicon they are $3200 apart at invoice.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
It also includes the Sport S content which is a $3200 option so not a bad deal if you want most of the options. If you equip it similar to a rubicon (convenience and tech) and add led and floor mats to the Rubicon they are $3200 apart at invoice.
You're right. That brings the pricing more in line.

George999

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport Willys
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 2018 JLU Sport, really liked it but after 20k it started having issues. After some time of it not be able to be repaired i decided to trade it in . I was able to work out a really good deal and purchased the 2020 Willys. For me, the Willys was a nice upgrade from what i had in features.
20191201_114700.jpg
IMG_20191229_092454_083.jpg

Canuck714

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Rubicon, 2014 Roush Raptor, 2020 JLU Willy's
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry you’re right on the brakes. I don’t see the suspension in the order guide. Shrug emoji. It may have it. That would make it more attractive.

Not sure if this was covered elsewhere , but the Willy's has Rubi Brakes, shocks and springs. You dont get lockers or a 44 upfront.

Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Just picked up a Willys yesterday for my wife. The one in the dealer's showroom checked off all the boxes. I was trying to get some solid confirmation about the differences between it and my base model Sport, and noticed the bumper is different than other Willys I've seen photos of. Mine has gloss black trim rings around the fogs and no side air dams... Change mid-year? Some obscure option?

It also seems lifted compared to the Sport (could explain the missing air dams?), but maybe it's just those 255/75 M/T Firestones... I have a steel bumper and winch and haven't put my rubi takeoff springs on in the front yet (just the back), so mine is a bit kooky right now to compare with... But hers is a hard top, mine is soft top, so my roof should be quite a bit higher, at least in the back with my rubi springs, and it doesn't seem like it is. I'll have to check the spring part numbers when I swap her tires with mine.... Mud tires for a grocery getter, nope.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
It’s pronounced “Willis”. But look up some vintage ads on YouTube and you will hear it pronounced both ways. Legend goes that Mr Willys did not care how a customer pronounced his name as long as they bought one. He never corrected anyone.

The same wasn’t true for Dr Porsche, who was known to always correct anyone who pronounced his name as one syllable. Proper pronunciation is “Por-shuh”

Last edited:

EugenesAJeep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
didnt hear him mention the size of the tires but they appear to be Sport fenders so im assuming Sport sized wheels.

didnt the last Willys have a rear locker at least?

these will sell like hotcakes for all the people who want to drive around with the cool Willys sticker on the fender. look like you're keeping it old school while sporting $1k led light package.
My Willys did not come with the led package. I feel like I got “hornshwoggled” somehow. Took off the sad looking little Willys decals.
I’m loving all the same my friend.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 JL & JLU Willys Edition 7B63110B-5760-4569-9A63-F089B58C757A

didnt hear him mention the size of the tires but they appear to be Sport fenders so im assuming Sport sized wheels.

didnt the last Willys have a rear locker at least?

these will sell like hotcakes for all the people who want to drive around with the cool Willys sticker on the fender. look like you're keeping it old school while sporting $1k led light package.
not true my friend. My Willys did not come with the led lights. Feel like I got “ had” there. The Willys decal did little to impress me, so they are gone. I do however like the extra height of the Willys. Tuesday it gets the method titanium 704 wheels and 286/70/17 tires. I think the Willys hits the sweet spot of function vrs. Affordability for those of us that don’t have deep pockets.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 JL & JLU Willys Edition 7B63110B-5760-4569-9A63-F089B58C757A

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
There are 2 Willys packages for some reason. The Willys Sport with roll up windows and halogen lights and then the Willys with power windows and LED head/fog lights. Jeep names these packages very poorly.
Sponsored