Willys and Freedom Edition Return to Wrangler (JL) for 2020

1. TXRubicon

TXRubicon Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    '18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, '16 BMW 340i MSport
    Liked:
    PR for the special editions just got posted, but odd that they included a photo of the Freedom Edition with no package details. Either way, all three were shown to journalists at the What's New event in July.

Jeep® Offers Two New Special-edition Wrangler Models for 2020
    • Jeep® Wrangler Willys returns featuring a limited-slip rear differential, rock rails, aggressive 32-inch mud terrain tires and a rugged look with black accents
    • Wrangler Black & Tan adds special exterior and interior content, including a premium tan soft top with black exterior badging and accents
    • Both special-edition Wrangler models are available to order now
    September 3, 2019 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The Jeep® brand is returning the Wrangler Willys edition to the iconic SUV’s lineup and introducing the new 2020 Wrangler Black & Tan. Both models are based on the Wrangler Sport S and feature unique exterior and interior content.

"Special editions are a perfect way for Jeep to connect with customers and feed their ideas and passion into the brand and its vehicles," said Jim Morrison, Head of Jeep Brand - North America. "Wrangler Willys harkens back to the original Jeep while Wrangler Black & Tan offers a unique look with a tan top. We are proud that both new models will add to the wide appeal Jeep Wrangler already offers."

The 2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys and Black & Tan editions are available to order now.

Jeep Wrangler Willys
    The 2020 Jeep Wrangler lineup sees the return of the popular Willys edition and marks the first time it is available on the newest generation Jeep Wrangler (JL). The Wrangler Willys edition features a limited-slip rear differential, Rubicon rock rails and shocks, heavy-duty brakes and 32-inch Firestone mud terrain tires. These features, combined with Jeep’s Command-Trac 4x4 part-time, two-speed transfer case with a 2.72:1 low-range gear ratio, bolster the Jeep Wrangler Willys’ off-road capability.

This added capability is highlighted with a rugged appearance. Special exterior design cues feature a Willys hood decal, unique black 17-inch aluminum wheels with gray pad print and a gloss black sport grille. All-weather slush mats, as well as LED headlights and fog lights, are also standard on the Wrangler Willys edition.

The Wrangler Willys edition is available in 10 colors: Black, Granite Crystal, Sting Gray, Billet, Ocean Blue, Firecracker Red, Punk’n, Hellayella, Mojito! and White.

The 2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys has an MSRP of $33,740 for the two-door model and $37,240 for the four-door version.

Jeep Wrangler Black & Tan
    Joining the Wrangler lineup for the first time for 2020, the Wrangler Black & Tan features a unique look with a distinct heritage flair. Available in all exterior colors, the Jeep Wrangler Black & Tan edition features 17-inch Machine Granite wheels wrapped in all-terrain tires, side steps, Low Gloss badging and a premium tan soft top.

Inside, Wrangler Black & Tan features a Wizard Black painted instrument panel mid bolster and Heritage Tan cloth seats. The Technology Group, featuring Uconnect’s 7-inch radio, a 7-inch driver’s display screen and dual-zone climate control, is standard.

The 2020 Jeep Wrangler Black & Tan has a U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $32,940 for the two-door model and an MSRP of $36,440 for the four-door version.

JP020_143WR29tlq7010p1v8gfa2vmdi7s5cm.jpg

JP020_144WR4srmapcu2o2gphddhnd66gjkf.jpg

JP020_145WRmtp24cgs2rkghehueualcdqc71.jpg

JP020_140WRe7mn1d4f67fi3166b0e1frodk8.jpg

JP020_141WRvmtcoqs2pso2ns194sijtgk7kd.jpg

JP020_142WR7gfdlg0lu6t97ld83f4rp8oc56.jpg

Krondor and jayteal like this.
  2. viper88

viper88 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle(s):
    '19 JLR 2.0T
    Liked:
    Always loved the JK Willys. I think the JL Willys will be a run away hit.

3. EJeep

EJeep Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Wrangler JLU Sport Altitude
    Liked:
    Agreed, I just got a 2019 JLU Sport S Altitude. Had I known they were coming out with a Willy's I may have waited.

ButWhatDoIKnow and viper88 like this.
  4. stephensjer

stephensjer Member

First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle(s):
    Ford f150 FX4
    Liked:
    Think the Willys will also come in Sarge when that color releases?

5. The_Phew

The_Phew Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    '17 GTI 6MT
    Liked:
    I feel like every other JK Willys I see is green, so it's pretty damn likely they'll offer the Willys in Sarge. Not thrilled about M/T tires being the only option, but that's easy-ish to change/sell.

Didn't they offer the JK Willys with a rear locker? I'd still pick the LSD, but I expect MANY people would prefer a locker.

6. jayteal

jayteal Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jay
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JL Rubicon
    Liked:
    They're making it harder for me to keep saying I'm going to keep my current JL for the next 10 years....love that black and tan option and a Willy's in Sarge would be awesome too. Guess I need to push the wife to get one so I can drive both hers and mine.

7. norbert

norbert Member

First Name:
    Norbert
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Moab Billet Silver/Black
    Liked:
    I probably would have also gone with the Willys instead of the Moab if it was available. What I really wanted was the LED and Safety packages. The only negative is the crazy mud tires! My 2016 Willys came with KM2s and they were terrible.

Harper likes this.
  8. TXJeepScientist

TXJeepScientist Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle(s):
    01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
    Liked:
    Jessi’s Jeep likes this.
  9. Rufus

Rufus Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
    Liked:
    The Willlys looks like it comes with the same wheels as the Moab and the B&T comes with the same wheels as the Sahara?

10. SecondTJ

SecondTJ Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Jeep
    Liked:
    Yes, rear locker was a $1,500 option on the JK Willys

11. M0ondogy

M0ondogy Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    4Runner (surf) JP 05 legal import, 2020 Sahara HellaYella
    Liked:
    We know the Black and Tan is sport based. Looks like the Willy's will be too. Correct me if wrong.

12. MALL R8D

MALL R8D Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Michelle
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
    Liked:
    The press release says:

"Both models are based on the Wrangler Sport S and feature unique exterior and interior content."

Zazoh, viper88, IronScott and 2 others like this.
  13. Impy5

Impy5 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Grand Cherokee
    Liked:
    Going based strictly on external looks, it appears the Freedom Edition will be Sport based as well.

14. M0ondogy

M0ondogy Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    4Runner (surf) JP 05 legal import, 2020 Sahara HellaYella
    Liked:
    Thanks. I was browsing it at a work meeting that I had nothing to do in except look interested in the presentation.

15. Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    '07 A4 Quattro, '19 Ram Rebel
    Liked: