Azhdar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 4dr
Stock height
Running with 34's

20191101_182210.jpg
Wow it is amazing, how often do you drive on highway? ( Mine 95% city driving)
Sponsored

OP
OP
azhdar

azhdar

First Name
Azhdar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 4dr
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

I was taking pictures and realized when it is on 100l/km current is 99. But when setting is on mpg current is 0. Anyone can explain why?

F3AFB169-D6CD-4B1A-93F8-E00292BC6E0B.jpeg

D5A7ECCA-E36C-408F-B6C1-59EF33E1C2D3.jpeg

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Since you're in Canada, I imagine winter has already shown up. My money is on your refineries have already switched to a winter blend gas. Winter blend gas has somewhere around 5% less energy than its summer blend counterpart resulting in lower fuel economy and power.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
wow it sounds like what dealers told me can be right for my case as well, I kinda feel like mine also is getting better but not too much. Lets see. Thanks for sharing your experience!
I am not sure why but the MPG will improve as you put a few thousand miles on it. I checked the computers MPG with hand calculated and computer was about .2 MPG more then my calculations. That's close enough for me.

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Wow it is amazing, how often do you drive on highway? ( Mine 95% city driving)
Just the opposite for me. 95% 50-55mph... very little stop and go. ..

Sponsored

JL Willy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willy
Purchased 3 weeks ago. 2.0L stared around 16 mpg I have 1200 miles now do 80% highway and average mpg is 22.5. Mpg. Use reg gas stock 32 tires.

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is definitely better after the first 4k miles. I was getting under 17 mpg for the first 3k and now im pulling about 21 mpg in mixed city/highway. Hoping it keeps sliding towards the better end of the scale, I'm rocking a JLUR that is pretty much stock right now, KO2s.

Tom Jk to Jl

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
The 3.6l engine doesn't like winter gas up north here... I'm in Buffalo NY.

I used to have a '14 Jeep and every winter I noticed about 4mpg drop (from 20-21 summer to 16-17 winter).

I've noticed on my '19 jl it's gone from around 21 all summer now down to 18 on the last couple tanks of gas

Also, my experience with the '19 disagrees with the notion of "it gets better with miles".. that just didn't even make sense! If anything it got slightly worse over the summer with miles.

bwright1818

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
I am in a situation where I sometimes have to use the Jeep for very short, one-mile or less trips, on and off during the course of a day. It is worse than "city" driving and the engine never fully gets warm. When I have to do this, my average is about 12 mpg or less!! This is to be expected. Highway, it gets in the low to mid 20s. It's all how it gets driven. Just a thought, but if you are not moving at all, it will say the current mpg is zero.....!

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
The 3.6l engine doesn't like winter gas up north here... I'm in Buffalo NY.

I used to have a '14 Jeep and every winter I noticed about 4mpg drop (from 20-21 summer to 16-17 winter).

I've noticed on my '19 jl it's gone from around 21 all summer now down to 18 on the last couple tanks of gas

Also, my experience with the '19 disagrees with the notion of "it gets better with miles".. that just didn't even make sense! If anything it got slightly worse over the summer with miles.
Mmmm...i noticed this too the other day here in Atlantic Canada!

Cold day and my miles per gallons dropped.... but i also saw this with my hemi!

Sponsored

WT JL

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Petrol
Hi everyone, my 2020 jlur has 1556 miles on it and it does 13.4 mpg. Dealers told me it will get better by adding more miles on it

- I am using the stop function when on red light
- when I start from red light car starts very slow, or when I do turns the car kinda gets very lazy so that is right some time I gotta push the gas a bit harder to make the car go, but I mean if I dont it takes while from 0 to 30
- sometimes I keep car idling for 10-15 minutes ( 2-3 times a week)

those are the things comes to my mind which can effect fuel consumption but cmon 13.4 mpg looks very bad to me. Any advice appreciated.
I’ve got the exact same problem. I’m getting 17.1l/100km and got it when it had no kms on it. I’m in Australia. Has it improved for you?

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
I'm happy with the fuel mileage from my 2.0T e-torque. Typical around town driving gives me 20 mpg in the JL, whereas prior JKs, TJs, YJs, and CJs were doing good to get 12 to 14 mpg. Most highway driving gives me 22 to 24 mpg.

But sometimes I have days that give me truly great gas mileage, like Wednesday of this last week. I took a trip from the town where I live to Gunlock, UT, which is about 80 miles of what are usually 65 mph two lane roads. But it was snowing, and the roads were snow packed, so I could only drive about 50 to 55 mph in order to be safe. I also had to drive super cautiously, being really careful with any application of throttle, or letting off of the throttle, to avoid making the tires slip. Well, driving this way also apparently gets you much better gas mileage. I reset my trip meter when I left home, and here is what my dash computer said my average gas mileage had been in the previous 80 miles when I arrived in Gunlock.
JL 2.0T e-torque.png

The picture was taken after I topped off the tank, and before I left the gas station to go do some Jeeping. When I topped off the tank it would only take 1.1 gallons of gas, despite trying multiple times to get it to take more. I think the gas pump in this one horse town had a problem, and that the auto shutoff was way too sensitive. I did not go by the hand calculated gas mileage because of that reason.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Even Jeepers with 35' wheels driving along L.A. traffic will be getting better mileage than you. One needs to look how much is the average fuel consumption for the JL and if you read through the many pages on this forum you will quickly discover that just about everybody is doing around 18 - 22 m/g .[/QUOTE]

HamiltonGuy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLSU
This was in Ontario a couple of weeks ago, with Blizzaks on.
2018 Sahara JL, Stock, ~60,000 mile on it so far.

JK vs JK Call.006.jpeg

OP
OP
azhdar

azhdar

First Name
Azhdar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 4dr
I’ve got the exact same problem. I’m getting 17.1l/100km and got it when it had no kms on it. I’m in Australia. Has it improved for you?
Hey, it is on 8,000 km right now and still the same, even worse, when I do 4wd on heavy snowy days. I figured it happens because I am doing almost 98% city driving with tons of red lights and stop signs. (and it is same for everyone - shame on FCA that gives misinformation about city driving fuel consumption)
Sponsored