Website
bio.site
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 2.0 8spd Auto
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Digital Marketing / Brand Manager
I just got my liners shipment in and will need to do the same. The bright white really stands out inside the well. That looks much better now!
thank you! It's the little details that matter. :)
Sponsored

Bingo150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
How is the drivablility on road and off with the 4.11s and 38s? "Everyone" says how bad it will be. I have the same combo (2.0, 8spd, JLR) and want to keep the 4.11s and maybe go up to 37s. Great custom touches by the way. Those are what I always appreciate the most : )

OP
OP
Westymike

Westymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bio.site
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 2.0 8spd Auto
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
How is the drivablility on road and off with the 4.11s and 38s? "Everyone" says how bad it will be. I have the same combo (2.0, 8spd, JLR) and want to keep the 4.11s and maybe go up to 37s. Great custom touches by the way. Those are what I always appreciate the most : )
I honestly don't think I'm going to regear. I was concerned about being undergeared, but when I was out in Moab a few weeks back, 1st gear was too low for most of the steep stuff and I stayed in 2nd most of the time. Around town, it feels great with TONS of pep off the line and I can cruise at 80+ on the highway. A 4-door is going to benefit more from a regear because the added weight. I would say pop up to 37's and drive it for a while before making your decision. My 38's aren't light by any means and I think it drives perfect. If I were rock crawling every weekend, i'd probably regear sooner, but the reality is that 90% of my driving is on-road with a few days each month here and there where I'm on the trail.
I hope that helps.

OP
OP
Westymike

Westymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bio.site
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 2.0 8spd Auto
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
One of the last larger pieces of the puzzle finally got installed last weekend. I was waiting on my hitch to arrive so that I could install the rear bumper and now it's done. From here on, I'll be making tweaks and mods to everything and getting the rig all dialed in for a fun season of wheeling.

before and after:
Jeep Wrangler JL 2-Door Rocklander / Overland Project Build IMG_6075

Jeep Wrangler JL 2-Door Rocklander / Overland Project Build mike bumper

Last edited:
OP
OP
Westymike

Westymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bio.site
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 2.0 8spd Auto
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
My quick fridge slide solution for Death Valley and Moab worked great, but now it's time for something a bit more polished and secure. Stay tuned for some really cool upgrades to the cargo area. I'm working with Pareto Offroad to build out a 2-door platform and drawer system that has some really cool functionality. Coming soon!

@Pareto Offroad

Current blank canvas:

jl cargo area.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Westymike

Westymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bio.site
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 2.0 8spd Auto
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
OP
OP
Westymike

Westymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bio.site
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 2.0 8spd Auto
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I Installed the upper molle panel last night for my Rugged Radio. The other location on the passengers side of the center console limited the seat movement.

IMG_6292.jpeg
Sponsored