Scout Trooper 2 Door Build

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
have you thought about a small trailer for overlanding like a used M416 and making a camp trailer out of it with a small pop up tent. your 2D has the same towing that a 4D has at 3500 and it way more then your 800 pound weight limit you have now. and when you are not overlanding you just put it in your garage for easy hook and book for the weekend.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Nice jeep! Hows your tailgate table holding up? I was totally put off from installing it (won't be camping awhile anyway) until you mentioned it was easy. The table is a let down but I guess it's nice that I can stain it myself. Would prefer some options for the price though.

OP
OP
irishtim7

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
have you thought about a small trailer for overlanding like a used M416 and making a camp trailer out of it with a small pop up tent. your 2D has the same towing that a 4D has at 3500 and it way more then your 800 pound weight limit you have now. and when you are not overlanding you just put it in your garage for easy hook and book for the weekend.
Yes, I've given a trailer some thought. Maybe in the future when I move out west. Who knows. But for now, I think I'm in a good place. Where I'm at right now it's either wheeling or camping. I've got enough space for whatever I choose to do. The convenience of not having to pack up every time would be nice though. Now if Jeep would put the J6 into production I'd be all over that as an overland vehicle. I'm even toying around with the idea of picking up a Comanche for that purpose.

OP
OP
irishtim7

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice jeep! Hows your tailgate table holding up? I was totally put off from installing it (won't be camping awhile anyway) until you mentioned it was easy. The table is a let down but I guess it's nice that I can stain it myself. Would prefer some options for the price though.
Thanks. Yeah, the Front Runner table has been nice. I'm very happy with it. I did have to make some adjustments and added a few washers to tighten up the rubber bumps on the inside to address some minor rattling, but since then, it's been very quiet. Super convenient too.

Sponsored

OP
OP
irishtim7

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems to be a popular choice these days. Color matched is great. :like:
Thanks Gary! The black Friday deal was too good to pass up.

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
Did a thing and changed up the look a bit. This was always the plan. Contemplating making this permanent with bullet liner. Haven’t decided though.
Love the look! is it vinyl or some sort of paint?

OP
OP
irishtim7

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love the look! is it vinyl or some sort of paint?
Thanks. It’s vinyl. Cut the shapes by hand from a large sheet. It’s a tedious job but turned out well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
irishtim7

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Making progress. New wheels and tires next weekend. I still have a crap-ton of things to do and not much time to do them before EJS.

Artec Fender Chop Brackets
Inner Fenders (American Adventure Lab - front; Genright - rear)

I also took off my badly rusting rear tire carrier. I need to find a new powder coater. :angry: I'm running a tramp stamp, which I actually kind of like. I'm going to throw the spare in the back for EJS. So, now I need to build some sort of platform to go over it. It never ends...

Still to do...
1. RCV front axle shafts
2. Dana Chromoly rear axle shafts
3. Build Platform
4. Rear Bumper Rash Guards
5. Rock lights???

Hopefully I can catch some warmer weather here soon. I'd like to re-coat some stuff. Namely the rock sliders (yes also rusting a bit) and the Rancho Glide Plate.

IMG_4343.JPG

pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 JCW, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
First up is a new set of rock sliders. They are Shrockworks' new offering for the 2 Door. I got them in bare steel and coated them with Steel-It Gray. That was a project. Turned out nice IMO. They pose a bit of an issue with the EVO Exhaust Loop Skid. It uses the same mounting location on the frame. I'm going to have to modify that - hopefully just enlarging the mounting hole on the plate will be all that's needed.

IMG_4273.JPG

IMG_4271.JPG

IMG_4274.JPG
Your jeep is coming along nicely.

Question about the sliders... they attach to the frame only? Not the body mounts? Do they extend the full length of the pinch seam? How many attachment points?

I am really struggling with finding some decent sliders for the 2 door. I read the long thread about body bolts snapping and many of the slider options out there mount via the body mounts.

I am heading to the Texas Spur jeep jamboree in a few weeks and suspect my stock ruby sliders aren't going to hold up.
Sponsored