Sponsored

2 Door Love

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
If Jeep wanted to really show some 2-door love, they would off offer us this Trailcat concept from a few years ago...Wheelbase stretched to about 108", 39" BFG's and a Hellcat V8! I soooo want one!

Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 10.39.05 AM.png
Sadly the hellcat would likely make that thing nearly unusable on the trail unless it’s got a 30 gal cell. Don’t get me wrong I’d still buy it and have buddies carry extra fuel for me haha
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my fourth jeep and am now back in a 2 door. I loved my 4 door models, but since I have no kids at home and back seat was not being used, I went back to my roots a bit. Not hating here, but the 2 door seems more "jeepy" feeling to me. Hard to describe...more nimble I guess?

IMG_0376.jpeg
More nimble, for sure. I love the two door. I love my Gladiator but it’s because it’s a truck that can do some Jeep things :)

I think overall if I truly could only have a single Jeep I’d probably end up with a 392 four door but otherwise it would be a two door JLUR with the 2.0.

JL Fan

First Name
JL Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I love the JL…and I’d have one if I didn’t need the space. My son is 13, daughter is 11. I might be getting a 2D in a few years…for myself, obvi.

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I completely understand why someone would need/want a 4 door Jeep- if you have more than one other person that needs to ride with you, a 2 door isn't the most practical vehicle. Fortunately, we have a 4 door F150 and an Explorer, so my 2 door JLR can function as a 2 seater. I rent a lot of 4 door Jeeps when traveling, and you definitely feel the extra weight and length. Yes, I also like the appearance of a 2 door better, but it is the turning radius that really kills the 4 door for me.

Those TJ pictures take me back. I miss my '04 TJ... its smaller size allowed me to get in the tightest areas. I'm happy with the JL (especially the improvements in the drivetrain over the years), but if I could have the JL drivetrain and interior in a TJ-sized body... dang, that would be a Jeep to own!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door Love jeep after

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door Love 200718 Jeep front

Jeep life

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2016 Porsche Macan Turbo
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door Love 20210625_183903
After 2 long months, picked up my 3rd 2 dr since 98. First time Rubicon owner, must say that this JLR has definitely evolved to the point where my wife who historically is not a Jeep lover, wants one after driving mine. Mods too come

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 2 long months, picked up my 3rd 2 dr since 98. First time Rubicon owner, must say that this JLR has definitely evolved to the point where my wife who historically is not a Jeep lover, wants one after driving mine. Mods too come
Lookin' good!

Jeep life

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2016 Porsche Macan Turbo
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I completely understand why someone would need/want a 4 door Jeep- if you have more than one other person that needs to ride with you, a 2 door isn't the most practical vehicle. Fortunately, we have a 4 door F150 and an Explorer, so my 2 door JLR can function as a 2 seater. I rent a lot of 4 door Jeeps when traveling, and you definitely feel the extra weight and length. Yes, I also like the appearance of a 2 door better, but it is the turning radius that really kills the 4 door for me.

Those TJ pictures take me back. I miss my '04 TJ... its smaller size allowed me to get in the tightest areas. I'm happy with the JL (especially the improvements in the drivetrain over the years), but if I could have the JL drivetrain and interior in a TJ-sized body... dang, that would be a Jeep to own!

Pete?

Errick

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2020 Wrangler JL, Corvette
Occupation
Retired
On my 3rd 2 door Jeep and I am beyond impressed with the JL. I have just over 5000 miles on it and can’t be happier with the way it handles. It’s so nimble and the 3.6 auto is absolutely impressive. A good friend of mine is a product designer for Quadratec and lives and breaths everything Jeep. Back when I told him I was looking to buy a JL and would appreciate any advice he asked, you want a 2 door or 4? When I replied 2 door he smiled and said, “they are a blast to drive“. I couldn’t agree more.
I'm old fashioned, two doors are jeeps.

cphollis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2DR soft top
My 2 door was purchased as a tow vehicle, where weight matters behind our B+ RV with real limits. That being said, it's a blast around town (turbo 4) and always puts a smile on my face. Not my favorite vehicle for a big grocery shopping trip, though. I'd probably do the 4 door as my daily driver.

Sponsored

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Had an orange 1973 CJ-5 Hustler R/T, then a black 1981 CJ-5, then a bunch of various Cherokees, then a silver 2018 JLU (which was the worst handling lemon I've ever owned), and now my 2021 JLR in NACHO. Took the back seat out as soon as I got home and am back in love with 2-door Jeeps. I found a Rhino Rack Pioneer roof rack from Maximus-3 and will add a Smittybilt bumper and 9.5k winch so it can become my Toad behind the motorhome. The amazing improvements made to the 2021 "CJ-5" make it a tremendous Jeep!

Last edited:

JL_Confidential

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gecko Willys Sport 2-door
Occupation
I'd tell you, but you know the rest....
Two door all the way. Got a base Sport now, but I stepped up a bit and have a Willys Sport in Gecko on order since 6/17 to replace it. My fav was my 93 YJ, mean green as the wife called it. The JL is much more refined and comfortable for a daily driver though.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door Love CBFE0B36-0DC2-4AB9-81A8-B70B6A9BDA18

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I'm old fashioned, two doors are jeeps.
Well. They’re all Jeeps. Look at all the various products Jeep has produced over the years, to include forward control trucks and ice cream vans. Although, I have seen 4 doors refered to as Station Wranglers.

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
We had 3 2-door wranglers, the last one we sold was my wife's when she replaced it with her Renegade. Honestly, if it was in the financial cards we'd have a 3rd vehicle that was a 2-door JL. The 2-doors have a nimbleness to them that, even when doing exploring/camping, presents itself as a huge advantage in tight turns/smaller areas.

I had to "pick one" so to speak, so went with a 4 door that, with the rear seats removes, functions kinda like a very small box van and can handle most of our hauling needs. It also accommodates the Ursa top, which was key. This being said, 2-door wranglers have a special look, feel, and function to them that is simply undeniable. Much love from this 4-door guy. =)
Sponsored