Sponsored

2 door

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
Has anyone seen a delivered 2 door yet? I know the scheduled build time was only a couple days ago but the factory doesn't always follow schedule.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rcr1340

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
I was hoping production started early. 4 doors have been on the lot for 2 months

Sponsored

DirtyDina

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
WHERE ARE THE 2 DOORS????? I'm REALLY happy for all the 4 door folks that are enjoying their Jeeps. I'm not tired at all of seeing all the dealerships lined with 4 door Jeeps. I'm super pumped to see all the mods being completed on the Unlimited's. I'm really upset this post wasn't filed under the "master 2 door thread" where it can be buried and no one has to listen to the whiney 2 door folks even though all the media and Jeep advertisemts always show the 2 door models. Please forgive the silly 2 door folks for expressing any frustration in waiting for what seems like an ETERNITY for the real Jeep. Our apologies - signed - all the 2 Doors.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
WHERE ARE THE 2 DOORS????? I'm REALLY happy for all the 4 door folks that are enjoying their Jeeps. I'm not tired at all of seeing all the dealerships lined with 4 door Jeeps. I'm super pumped to see all the mods being completed on the Unlimited's. I'm really upset this post wasn't filed under the "master 2 door thread" where it can be buried and no one has to listen to the whiney 2 door folks even though all the media and Jeep advertisemts always show the 2 door models. Please forgive the silly 2 door folks for expressing any frustration in waiting for what seems like an ETERNITY for the real Jeep. Our apologies - signed - all the 2 Doors.
Unfortunately, the 2 door is less profitable, and has lower demand. They don't care to rush into it. I wouldn't be surprised if there's another future delay.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
You're absolutely right. But I hate it.
I hate it too. I also hate Jeep sticking it to would-be early adopters with price hikes, random delays, and the like. I just heard that the first produced 2 doors will be the four cylinder, and that realllly sticks it to early 2 door orders. I think it's practically unheard of in the auto industry for a $30,000 custom order of a car to take 4-5+ months to deliver. Oh well.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
I hate it too. I also hate Jeep sticking it to would-be early adopters with price hikes, random delays, and the like. I just heard that the first produced 2 doors will be the four cylinder, and that realllly sticks it to early 2 door orders. I think it's practically unheard of in the auto industry for a $30,000 custom order of a car to take 4-5+ months to deliver. Oh well.
I suppose we should be glad we aren't one of the folks who ordered the $36k Tesla Model 3s. I think some of them put deposits on their orders way back in March-April 2016, and now Tesla is saying it might not be delivered until late this year or possibly 2019.

I suppose if there is any silver lining to the 2 door JLs being produced late, it's that Jeep should have worked out most of the bugs while producing the early 4 doors.

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I suppose we should be glad we aren't one of the folks who ordered the $36k Tesla Model 3s. I think some of them put deposits on their orders way back in March-April 2016, and now Tesla is saying it might not be delivered until late this year or possibly 2019.

I suppose if there is any silver lining to the 2 door JLs being produced late, it's that Jeep should have worked out most of the bugs while producing the early 4 doors.
I've been hoping that exact thing myself. Hopefully they don't have their own unique to 2 door issues, or just early build (for 2 door) issues.

The thought crossed my mind this morning to cross shop late JKs. Maybe just take a teeny peek.

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door 955C7104-5095-458A-BD8B-03A3FB773F85

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door 364E1D6B-0639-47B0-8581-F06A1B3C3074

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door 5FE46F12-297B-4AAD-8A89-8C30995B6DE1

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I waited on word of 2 dr JT's for more than a year. Ordered my JLR Jan. 19 and 7 weeks later had it in the driveway. Almost 2-1/2 years now and my JLR has has had none of the reported issues and has been 100% reliable. I'm very happy with the short wheelbase 2 dr too.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door JL at B.B. P.switch back

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
So many things have happened in the 39 months between the last post in March 2018 and now, July 2021: a global pandemic, rioting of the US Congress, EcoDiesel, 4Xe, 392...

But two things remain unchanged: Jeep Wrangler is still solid axle...and Ford Bronco remains unseen.
Sponsored

Last edited: