Sponsored

2 Door Love

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Donā€™t get me wrong I love the 4 door too and own one (4Runner). 2 years ago I test drove a 4 door and it handled like absolute crap (steering issue). Jeep lost a sale that day. Ended up getting the 4Runner as I needed something big enough to haul wine for my restaurant. My Jeep has quite a bit more power and can do a Uturn in my driveway.
The 2-door Wrangler turning radius is awesome.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ask yourself what you imagine in your mind when someone mentions Wrangler? Not even Wrangler, just JEEP? Do you see many Jeep or Wrangler logos with a 4-door silhouette? It is usually the 7-Continent Grill and headlights or a side view of a 2-door Wrangler.

Just about all of the Easter Eggs on BOTH 2-door and 4-door Wranglers are of 2-DOOR Wranglers! Enough said! And the microphone drops...BOOM!

https://www.caranddriver.com/featur...rangler-unlimited-rubicon-ecodiesel/?slide=13

Last edited:

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Artec stated earlier this week that 4 new products are being released next quarter and one of those are a 2-door JL belly pan system!
Nice! I'm making my own, hopefully will be on before my Colorado San Juan trip!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
They are all great but the 2 dr is original jeep. What I like is you take out the rear seat and you get loads of room. Sorta like a 2 door pu. That only
leaves the right front seat for wife etc. no one else to steal the moment with unnecessary conversation. Just a beautiful drive to enjoy nature and what ever. The maneuverability is outstanding. I learned a long time ago when hunting or fly fishing, you see more, hear more when you are alone or one other person in case you break something. Each one has merits but 2dr (for me) is the only way to go.
Don't forget the dog, ours loves the room back there! But even better when he takes the wheel :)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door Love IMG_0386.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door Love j drivin

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

JeffCj7Jl

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ7, 2015 4Runner, 2021 JLR
Glad I was able to get a 2 dr manual since I still have my 4Runner. If I had to trade it, I would have probably bought a 4 door. I think the 4 door wrangler was one of the smartest things Jeep did. But I have to say, Iā€˜m really happy to have a 2 door Instead of a 4dr.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door Love 8F997E2B-5F51-4BC8-8CAD-A8228F4F4B1B

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
Glad I was able to get a 2 dr manual since I still have my 4Runner. If I had to trade it, I would have probably bought a 4 door. I think the 4 door wrangler was one of the smartest things Jeep did. But I have to say, Iā€˜m really happy to have a 2 door Instead of a 4dr.
Getting the manual transmission is also a great theft deterrent since most thieves have never driven a manual. Good job on that!

Sponsored

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
I completely understand why someone would need/want a 4 door Jeep- if you have more than one other person that needs to ride with you, a 2 door isn't the most practical vehicle. Fortunately, we have a 4 door F150 and an Explorer, so my 2 door JLR can function as a 2 seater. I rent a lot of 4 door Jeeps when traveling, and you definitely feel the extra weight and length. Yes, I also like the appearance of a 2 door better, but it is the turning radius that really kills the 4 door for me.

Those TJ pictures take me back. I miss my '04 TJ... its smaller size allowed me to get in the tightest areas. I'm happy with the JL (especially the improvements in the drivetrain over the years), but if I could have the JL drivetrain and interior in a TJ-sized body... dang, that would be a Jeep to own!

That is for sure-sign me upšŸ˜Š

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8F997E2B-5F51-4BC8-8CAD-A8228F4F4B1B.jpeg
You have 2 of the best in my opinion. I love the 4Runner. I do think it could use a interior upgrade and a modern automatic transmission. Even without a interior upgrade the 4Runner would definitely be on my list if it had a automatic transmission like the JL's ZF 8-speed.

200K pre-orders for the Bronco. Ford see's the market potential for a 4x4 with a removable roof. It would be great if Toyota bought back the FJ with a removable roof.

Last edited:

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
We are a two 2 door family. Husband has the exact same in Sting Gray. Popped out the backseats so we never have to give anyone other than Indiana a ride.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door Love IMG_1114.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door Love IMG_1114.JPG
Gorgeous 2-door! So close to giving up my Jeep Gladiator in Mojave trim for a 2-door Rubicon!
Sponsored