Sponsored

2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

Stinger226

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX2
This prompted me to read a few articles and.... wow, yeah messy. Shortage of drivers, rising costs to shipping, and delays all over. One article noted shipping is running at 99 percent capacity.
Guarantee that stock orders of JLUs will not be affected. It will only be the step children of FCA, the 2dr customers...
Sponsored

passingnotes

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
My build day is supposed to be today. I know we're trying to be patient but I think I've reached the limit of where my patience can take me, heres to hoping it gets done this week
thatā€™s my dream - was told again today that my build is first week of june! i ordered a sport s with PST in january

it will likely arrive in july, halfway through summer and right before 2019 order banks open. really sad outcomes for FCA.

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
My build day is supposed to be today. I know we're trying to be patient but I think I've reached the limit of where my patience can take me, heres to hoping it gets done this week
I hope you have more patience, getting built is only half the wait. Shipping could be weeks even months from what I'm seeing.

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
Are yā€™all still waiting on the 2 doors?
Whatā€™s the delay!?!
At this point, I wouldā€™ve threw the towel in and bought a 4 door. More storage room and longer wheelbase. Seems to be a win-win?
Trolls have such a lack of patience. No wonder they are never satisfied.

Rubiconvict

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
My (and my wife's) two door has been on the "road" now for two weeks and four days now, and I am hoping, really hoping, to see it this week. As near as I can tell it is the only one coming into the Pacific Northwest, at least to Seattle or Portland.

What I do think is interesting is that this "forum" has twice as many views of the next closest "forum" and about 10 times as many as most and it just started in January 2018. Almost 240,000 views wow! I hope someone gets their MS or Phd based on what is happening here and how FCA missed the opportunity to produce these mass customized Wrangler JLJL72s. I think we all custom ordered them, right?

Instead of all the potential purchasers thinking great of FCA and reaping the good will and rewards of this mass customization they have created 240,000 hits of customer sacrifice. Why would anyone who runs a successful company want to do this? I myself, once seated in the drivers seat and working in the reportedly tough to get in gear transfer case will probably forget that this was ever written but I do hope someone learns from this experience.

My question now is will the dealer honor the price we settled on in December 2017?
I am waiting for my 2-door to be delivered to Kirkland. Where did you order yours?

Sponsored

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
My opinion is that someone shut him off. Which is idiotic, but thatā€™s FCA for you. Why allow any correct information out? Not their style, unfortunately. Their style is ā€œno informationā€.
Or he went on vacation. The main issue is just that, people start expecting 24/7 worldwide service real fast. individuals need to sleep, take care of a kid on a sick day, and need breaks from customers that go berserk.

I had a field engineer from France flip out once, cause some how he got my internal number, scheduled a meeting at 2am sunday my time for a meeting 4:30 am my time, and flipped out when I did not show up... (ah what?) It really did not matter how important he thought the customer problem was ... I was never awake during the entire event.

What Drillionaire is doing is not "leaking", leaking is giving out information on new products, etc. What he is doing makes the field teams smile and say sure... and they watch till he reaches a point where he is begging for help.

3uPh0riK

First Name
Christiaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Ranger Wildtrak
I hope you have more patience, getting built is only half the wait. Shipping could be weeks even months from what I'm seeing.
Yeah Im not sure if im going to survive that to be honest. Ill hit the roads on foot looking for my Jeep.

I only ordered 1st of Feb, so some guys have been waiting for longer. But, ive basically been *waiting* for this vehicle since I arrived in the states in September. Holding out buying a car for this very Jeep. I literally cant remember a time that I wasnt waiting for Jeep, its too long ago. Im getting real antsy here

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Surprised we haven't had a second delivery yet.

The wait rages on. Excited to check out a 2 door once my local dealership gets one. Hopefully that'll be soon.

To pass the time, how many of you would get a Sahara if it was still offered?

echris1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2dr, 1995 Wrangler Sahara

The wait rages on. Excited to check out a 2 door once my local dealership gets one. Hopefully that'll be soon.

My current YJ is a sahara, back then that was the top of the line, so I wouldn't mind one, but really I want the offroad capabilities over the luxury, which is what the sahara is now.

Last edited:

cedxc2005

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JL Sport S (Gabrielle)
Occupation
Structural Engineer

I'd probably get one. Depends on how the pricing would shake out though.

Sponsored

Rubiconvict

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
Called the Jeep Cares number today again to get an update on production. I called them originally about two weeks ago and they said they would be starting production today. On the phone today they said they have all the parts and it is ready for production but couldn't tell me when.

I wanted to be mad at them but the lady on the phone was very pleasant... Couldn't get myself to complain after that (take note you support people out there). She also gave me a case number and said it would be faster to look up my order in the future using that.

Order Details:
Order Date: 3/2
Model: JL Rubicon
Color: White with white fenders and top
Options: All except smokers group

Planned upgrades:
1. Mopar 2" Lift Kit with Fox Shocks (77072396)
2. Fuel Stroke D612 18x9 wheels (4.75" backspacing)
3. BFG KM2s 37 x 12.50 R18
4. Brake light relocation kit (82215349)
5. Oversize Spare Tire Carrier Bracket (82215355)
6. Tailgate Reinforcement Kit (82215356AB)
7. Grille & Winch Guard (82215351)
8. Warn Winch Plate (101255)

Rubi 2 door.PNG

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
I'm going to go get my truckers license so I can get our Jeeps out of prison. I think I could go to school and get my license faster than it'll take for FCA to deliver them.

blueshirtz11

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 GMC Envoy, 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix, *2018 JL 2 Door Rubicon*
Occupation
Dentist
I got the classic ā€œit can take up to 30 days to complete shipment arrangements however the vehicle could be waiting for enough vehicles to fill shipment requirements going to the same areaā€ line this morning. Iā€™m alredy halfway through those 30 days. This may be more frustrating than waiting for it to actually be built

echris1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2dr, 1995 Wrangler Sahara
I got the classic ā€œit can take up to 30 days to complete shipment arrangements however the vehicle could be waiting for enough vehicles to fill shipment requirements going to the same areaā€ line this morning. Iā€™m alredy halfway through those 30 days. This may be more frustrating than waiting for it to actually be built
I dunno, at least yours exists, that seems pretty good. Closer to getting it is always good =)

RubiRed

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR, Odyssey, S2000, 911
Vehicle Showcase