Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I"ll make a deal with ya. Order them and I'll give you the cost of them up front. I would love to get a set for my 2018.
There's a set of 2 in sting gray color for sale in Nashville TN...
Sponsored

Sponsored

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

How are the Bestop fabric doors on the highway?
Had them on my JKU. For noise, it’s the same as doorless. For weather, it keeps out maybe 85%.

They didn’t fit the door sill so mud/water could get through pretty easily. Also, they flapped like crazy in the wind over ~45mph. I made loops out of zip ties to their frame and used those to attach to the grab handles I had added so they wouldn’t flap. I actually broke and had to repair a door because the wind pulled on them so badly at highway speeds.

The JL version might have improved, but I doubt it.

For the Mopar half doors on the JL, I have had 0 issues with flapping in the wind or weather intrusion and I drove from Dallas, TX to Petoskey, MI nonstop with them this summer, and then back.

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Good to know. I only want something to reduce the wind buffetting for the 30 minutes of highway driving with doors off from my house to the beach. I don't mind the noise, but the hurricane force wind slaps my head around as I drive faster than 50 mph with doors off.
I’ll see if I can find some pics of how I rigged up my doors to keep from flapping around… it may not be a problem on the JL models, but I just want to make sure you know what you’re getting yourself into with those.

I did love my bestop soft doors for what they were, but Mopar half doors are a night and day improvement if you’re going to leave them on 24/7. LOVE them on trails with water crossings too, as they will seal the same as a factory door.

My half doors are seasonal for me, and for the amount of time I pull the uppers, worth every penny.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Our fabric doors are considered trail doors, just so you know. Where they can be run permanently, that is not their primary design. I just don't want you to be disappointed in any way. Have a good one!

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Our fabric doors are considered trail doors, just so you know. Where they can be run permanently, that is not their primary design. I just don't want you to be disappointed in any way. Have a good one!
How's that Core Door development going? :CWL:

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
How's that Core Door development going? :CWL:
Honestly, we are changing the location of where we manufacture the JK Core Doors currently (which was unexpected). Hopefully, in the long run this makes it easier for us to manufacture more options. But, we currently have a hold on all Core doors. :(

Sponsored

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU80, 15 WK2, 13 Silverado 1500. Had: 02 TJ
The bestop fabric doors were on the TJ. I would say they were pretty bad on the highway. They would flap, whistle, start to pull open at top by windshield. I took alot of time bending and fitting them to the jeep. Had them bent in to where it was tradeoff of how tight they were at the top vs being able to close the doors with reasonable effort. We took a trip with them from Indiana out to Ouray on US36 instead of I70 (TJ, 3spd auto, 4.0, with 4.10 gears didn't like interstate speeds) and it drove me nuts. We stopped and got some bungee cords and strapped them around the top front of door and roll bar and zipped windows up to bungee. Helped, but still said never again.
However, I wouldn't use this for reference for the new JL. So far I am very pleased with how much better the JL handles wind. I have had one occasion where the factory uppers starred to pull away like the old bestop but it didn't have no where near the wind noise and howelling like our old TJ. Still, if we are going on a cross-country trip in the JL, I debate on weather, and how much top down time we will have and decide if we want to run full doors or half doors. When we go back out to Ouray, we will run with full doors since it's so cold & rainy in the upper elevations. We never put the top down last time we went in August. Full doors and sunrider soft top should work great for us.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
It's great that you were able to change your order. Personally, the half doors didn't seem to differ enough from the regular doors to me to justify the expense. But, I will be looking at getting a set of tubular doors at some point. No kids or dogs to worry about tumbling out. :)

Pwrtrdr1

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
I have a 2 door on order and trying to decide if I should have ordered the half doors option.
Cost factor aside, how often does one use and are they durable, will it add value at a later time.
Wonder if I can change order now:movember:
I have a 2 door on order and trying to decide if I should have ordered the half doors option.
Cost factor aside, how often does one use and are they durable, will it add value at a later time.
Wonder if I can change order now:movember:
I love half doors .. the look the feel while driving ! It was all that came with my 2001 TJ … I ordered and have on order a 23’ JL with half door pkg..(dual door group). Would not want it any other way !!!Once you try them you will love them… completely different from full or no doors..
order them now.. luckily this option is available

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I just missed out on a 2 door set for $800 on Craigslist. I contacted the owner who said that someone was already in line to look at them, of course they sold. Even though they were Granite Crystal, it still would have been worth it to have them repainted white.
Sponsored