2 Door half doors

Stengaaa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy sonic, soon wrangler Jl 2 door
Just ordered a 2 door Willy’s sport with half doors this past Friday and on Saturday I ordered this door holder so this way when the jeep arrives I’ll have someplace to store my doors

06BD081F-C6F2-4FB8-8545-01E4C63FD8B1.png
Sponsored

JLR SPT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Finally found a set of 2 in my color. Very pleased with the fit finish and don't even care if color off a bit. I pulled rear seat belt assembly off to reduce wind noise since the rear seat has never been used. Highly recommend them ;-)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door half doors IMG_4138
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door half doors IMG_4143

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU80, 15 WK2, 13 Silverado 1500. Had: 02 TJ
Finally found a set of 2 in my color. Very pleased with the fit finish and don't even care if color off a bit. I pulled rear seat belt assembly off to reduce wind noise since the rear seat has never been used. Highly recommend them ;-)
I usually use a Velcro strap and tie my rear seat belts to the roll bar. Not quite as effective as removing them, but they are available when needed.

stephanadams

First Name
stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw
Easy to button everything up if the weather changes (unlike tube doors). Factory painted, ready to take out the box and go.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Stengaaa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I ordered the dual doors with the base uppers because I didn’t want a hard top and the premium soft top wasn’t an option on my Willy’s sport can I buy the premium uppers later on when I upgrade my top to the premium when my standard top starts to go?

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I highly recommend ordering the half doors. Even if you decide that you don't like them, there will always be a market and it'll be easy to find a buyer.

When I ordered my Sport in early '21, the half door option appeared on the Jeep website and configurator, but my dealership didn't even know what I was talking about when I attempted to add this onto my order. Although I was disappointed when the sales rep eventually told me they were unavailable, I continued with my order anyway. I figured I'd eventually find a set on CL or eBay, and after two years, FINALLY found a new set in Los Angeles...a 4-1/2 hour drive, but still worth it.

Obviously, it is much more difficult to find half doors for our 2-door JLs, since there are relatively fewer of them...and then add the complication of finding them in your specific color. It can seem daunting, but I don't think it's a bad idea to just get them in a different color if/when they are available. I've noticed that the vast majority of half doors don't match the original body color anyway, even when brand new, so you still might want to paint them even if they are the same color. My Sting-Gray doors are much lighter than the body color, and local paint & body shops have quoted me about $800 to paint them. For now, I plan on keeping the doors as-is, but may eventually cave in if/when my OCD flares up!

Another thing to note, is that I never encountered any half doors with base uppers, which was a little disappointing because I have a base soft top. However, it was still worth buying the half doors because I may never use uppers here in the desert anyway. I figure it's just a matter of time before I find someone with base uppers seeking premium uppers, and we can hopefully just do an even trade at that time. Worst case, is that I eventually replace my soft top with a premium one, and then everything will match.

In short, I'm glad you were able to order the half doors for your Wrangler, and wish you the best. Enjoy and happy Jeepin'!

(Also...if anyone wants to trade their base uppers for my premiums, PLEASE reach out!)

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door half doors IMG_5592.JPG

Apologies for the photo with the soft top up. I drive in safari mode year-round with a tonneau cover and Tuffy security deck underneath, so it's impossible to lower my top completely.

Sponsored

Stengaaa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I highly recommend ordering the half doors. Even if you decide that you don't like them, there will always be a market and it'll be easy to find a buyer.

When I ordered my Sport in early '21, the half door option appeared on the Jeep website and configurator, but my dealership didn't even know what I was talking about when I attempted to add this onto my order. Although I was disappointed when the sales rep eventually told me they were unavailable, I continued with my order anyway. I figured I'd eventually find a set on CL or eBay, and after two years, FINALLY found a new set in Los Angeles...a 4-1/2 hour drive, but still worth it.

Obviously, it is much more difficult to find half doors for our 2-door JLs, since there are relatively fewer of them...and then add the complication of finding them in your specific color. It can seem daunting, but I don't think it's a bad idea to just get them in a different color if/when they are available. I've noticed that the vast majority of half doors don't match the original body color anyway, even when brand new, so you still might want to paint them even if they are the same color. My Sting-Gray doors are much lighter than the body color, and local paint & body shops have quoted me about $800 to paint them. For now, I plan on keeping the doors as-is, but may eventually cave in if/when my OCD flares up!

Another thing to note, is that I never encountered any half doors with base uppers, which was a little disappointing because I have a base soft top. However, it was still worth buying the half doors because I may never use uppers here in the desert anyway. I figure it's just a matter of time before I find someone with base uppers seeking premium uppers, and we can hopefully just do an even trade at that time. Worst case, is that I eventually replace my soft top with a premium one, and then everything will match.

In short, I'm glad you were able to order the half doors for your Wrangler, and wish you the best. Enjoy and happy Jeepin'!

(Also...if anyone wants to trade their base uppers for my premiums, PLEASE reach out!)

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door half doors IMG_5592.JPG

Apologies for the photo with the soft top up. I drive in safari mode year-round with a tonneau cover and Tuffy security deck underneath, so it's impossible to lower my top completely.
Thank you and I’m excited af for mine to finally arrive it’s unfortunately in a hold rn because of the manual transmission recall but I added three options to my sarge green and half doors were probably my top important one tied with the tow package

djxizodu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door
Yes. Everyone should order half doors. Even if you don’t want them. On sport models it gets you free power locks and windows.

and if you don’t want the half doors you can sell them for $500-1000 more than they cost.

Jay_Jeep

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Sport S 2 Door

IMG_5592.JPG

I have a pair of base uppers I’m trying to trade for premium uppers, I’m located in IN, shoot me a message

Last edited:

Stengaaa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No lie I was actually hoping for the crank windows (less weight and less to break) 😂 but i don’t mind the power locks and mirrors and honestly I plan on spring though fall using the half doors and winter for the full doors

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Yes. Everyone should order half doors. Even if you don’t want them. On sport models it gets you free power locks and windows.

and if you don’t want the half doors you can sell them for $500-1000 more than they cost.
So, for example, you get free power, windows and door locks to use with your full steel doors and the 1/2 doors? So you could sell the 1/2 doors at a profit and still retain the power windows and door locks for your full steel doors, correct? Sounds like a no-brainer.
Sponsored