2.5 plus lifts need caster correction

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
? I'm missing something, why didn't you just unbolt the bracket and move it to the shock mount?
My instructions for the front said to bend it loose from the brake line or cut it off, I had to download the instructions as my box busted open in transit.
Sponsored

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
A number of lifted JL's that I have seen are a little low on caster at 2.5... But as with all Jeeps, every one of them is a little different. You might be low, the next guy is right in the sweet spot with the same lift kit.

A set of lowers will do it though... The Rusty's are a great bargain right now at $209. You can do dual Clevite just like stock or with a forged flex joint.

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/jeep-s...-lower-control-arms-w-forged-flex-end-jl.html

OP
OP

Jeepnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma pro
That’s more than plenty caster. At 2.5 it’s a non issue unless you really just want new control arms.
Drive it both way and tell me if you still feel the same about this statement
I have

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jeepnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma pro
Last question. How much lift do you net with the 2.5?
I didn’t measure before so I can’t answer that question
I will say it sits a little higher then the spacers
I had to re center the steering wheel

otisroy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Reviving this.

I ordered my RK 2.5" with the fixed lower control arms. Given the steering issues lots of us have been having I think I'm going to get the RK adjustable upper control arms. My question is should I go with adjustable lowers too or will it be sufficient to adjust caster with the uppers?

OP
OP

Jeepnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma pro
Reviving this.

I ordered my RK 2.5" with the fixed lower control arms. Given the steering issues lots of us have been having I think I'm going to get the RK adjustable upper control arms. My question is should I go with adjustable lowers too or will it be sufficient to adjust caster with the uppers?
I have the fixed lowers and have no issues

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
A number of lifted JL's that I have seen are a little low on caster at 2.5... But as with all Jeeps, every one of them is a little different. You might be low, the next guy is right in the sweet spot with the same lift kit.

A set of lowers will do it though... The Rusty's are a great bargain right now at $209. You can do dual Clevite just like stock or with a forged flex joint.

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/jeep-s...-lower-control-arms-w-forged-flex-end-jl.html
Hey @Pressurized , thank you for all of the insight you provide on the forum(s)! Would you mind providing your opinion on the Clevite and Flex joint?

Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
So I have the adventure 2.5” with lower control arms and I added adjustable uppers.. my shop told me 4.5 caster was max , but rock crawler told me o should be able to achieve 5.2 to 5.8... I thinking about paying a separate shop to look at them and see if they can get to the caster RK said was possible.. will cost me 120 dollars, am I wasting money or is it money well spent?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So I have the adventure 2.5” with lower control arms and I added adjustable uppers.. my shop told me 4.5 caster was max , but rock crawler told me o should be able to achieve 5.2 to 5.8... I thinking about paying a separate shop to look at them and see if they can get to the caster RK said was possible.. will cost me 120 dollars, am I wasting money or is it money well spent?
If a shop is telling you 4.5 degrees of caster is max when you have adjustable uppers and lowers, then they obviously have no clue about a solid front axle and I would run away.

They’re probably trying to keep the alignment in spec for a non lifted Rubi. That’s not what you want when it’s lifted. Actually caster is the one thing you want to see out of spec on the alignment read out. You’re in a lifted Jeep now we have our own set of specs......🤓

Yes... it’s money well spent, and I would tell them you want 5.8- 6.0, and don’t settle for anything less. You will notice a huge difference in the way it drives.....

Just my ✌ cents.....

Last edited:

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If a shop is telling you 4.5 degrees of caster is max when you have adjustable uppers and lowers, then they obviously have no clue about a solid front axle and I would run away.

They’re probably trying to keep the alignment in spec for a non lifted Rubi. That’s not what you want when it’s lifted. Actually caster is the one thing you want to see out of spec on the alignment read out. You’re in a lifted Jeep now we have our own set of specs......🤓

Yes... it’s money well spent, and I would tell them you want 5.8- 6.0, and don’t settle for anything less. You will notice a huge difference in the way it drives.....

Just my ✌ cents.....
ya I have the RK adventure fixed lower control arms, and an adjustable upper.. to clarify

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
ya I have the RK adventure fixed lower control arms, and an adjustable upper.. to clarify
Doesn’t matter, that means your lowers are 24.4375 inches ( 24-7/16”) you should still be able to hit high 5s, doesn’t sound like much, but with caster, a little is a lot.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn’t matter, that means your lowers are 24.4375 inches ( 24-7/16”) you should still be able to hit high 5s, doesn’t sound like much, but with caster, a little is a lot.
damn dude you are so knowledgeable, always appreciated your help :)
Sponsored