Sponsored

2.0l turbo Exhaust thread.

Cookie Monster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLURT
Vehicle Showcase
Ask and you shall receive... except they're based out of Poland and I'm pretty sure this was a one-time exhaust. I dig it a lot though, you could easily take this to an exhaust shop and try to have something custom made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikvup0nLs2
That is a promising sound clip. I'd wait until their product is imported and sold by a US vendor. Also it appears their site has an invalid SSL cert. No way i'd input my CC info there.

My work is blocking that site due to the cert issue, does it mention being controlled by the aux switches?
Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the Flowmaster axle back aka rear muffler delete pipe. It's a high mount and from what I've seen there really isn't my change in the way of sound. Just frees up some weight & space........and should let the turbo breathe easier.

More to follow

DesertFox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep KL
By the time the exhaust gets to the rear muffler it’s volume had decreased significantly. This means an a low-restriction axle-back muffler will have relatively little effect on performance. It can effect the sound, which is what most are interested in anyway.

While a turbo will reduce the exhaust sound somewhat, “too loud” is a personal observation. Personally, I wouldn’t want to sound like a riced Honda.....but then that’s just me.

Sponsored

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
I just got a email from Borla letting me know the cat back for the 2.0l is available. Does anybody have a sound clip?
I feel like barely anyone has been able to give exhaust clips for these 2.0L’s. I’ve asked multiple people to no avail. :CWL: Which Borla system are you referring to? I know they have their Climber high-clearance kit out, but even Borla’s test video had awful sound quality.

ProjectJL

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I feel like barely anyone has been able to give exhaust clips for these 2.0L’s. I’ve asked multiple people to no avail. :CWL: Which Borla system are you referring to? I know they have their Climber high-clearance kit out, but even Borla’s test video had awful sound quality.
I have the original Borla Climber 2.0T prototype as they used my Jeep.

It’s really hard to get a good clip without proper equipment, but subjectively, as someone who has had modified exhausts for close to 25 years, they did a really great job.

No drone, great tone, and sounds 1,000 time better than stock. Never intrusive never too much. It does feel noticeably more responsive afterwards (butt dyno only).

Candidly I did it for clearance and performance, but I couldn’t be happier in other regards.

Im JL'in!

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have the dynomax eliminator pipe on my 2.0. The cold start is for SURE the loudest part, it sounds like a vacuum playing a tuba. Once its warm it tames down quite a bit. It's not a ricey tone at all, very mellow and It's honestly not obnoxious day to day, on the highway I barely notice it. On the trail the rpms are right in the deepest sounding range so it's a bit on the loud side. I'll work on uploading clips, interior noise will be different since I have my trektop on but I'll get some revving and some accelerations. I'm going back to stock since I now pay attention to every gear change and I kind of like not hearing the transmission do its thing.

Im JL'in!

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
One of the exhaust brands should come up with an exhaust that is stock sounding normally. (for highway driving) Then via a flapper, controlled via the aux switches, gets a bit louder. One could probably accomplish this with an exhaust cut out, but I don't really want it that loud. Using the aux switches would allow you to customize how you want it to open, reuse previous state, or always start closed and require a button push to open.
The dynomax vt was on my radar in my jk days before I went with a banks. They have an automatic valve, pretty cool stuff. I just wonder how long that spring would last with all the heat.

Mark Elliott

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Referring to the “S” type.

Sponsored

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
I have the original Borla Climber 2.0T prototype as they used my Jeep.

It’s really hard to get a good clip without proper equipment, but subjectively, as someone who has had modified exhausts for close to 25 years, they did a really great job.

No drone, great tone, and sounds 1,000 time better than stock. Never intrusive never too much. It does feel noticeably more responsive afterwards (butt dyno only).

Candidly I did it for clearance and performance, but I couldn’t be happier in other regards.
That’s great to hear!! Now if only they made one for a two-door. :CWL: Magnaflow’s Rock Crawler system has been getting some love with the 2.0L owners too. No one has really done a full video on it yet (again, aside from Magnaflow’s not so great video online) but from the Instagram stories and posts I’ve seen it’s pretty nice. Real low tone, not really intrusive, and minimal drone.

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
Referring to the “S” type.
Check out this link, looks like CJ Off-Road did an install and sound clip. Not the best example of how it sounds since they didn’t actually drive it around... but it’s something. I’m starting to firmly believe that if you want any tone out of these motors you’re probably going to need a system that deletes the resonator and has a higher flowing muffler.

Last edited:

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Check out this link, looks like CJ Off-Road did an install and sound clip. Not the best example of how it sounds since they didn’t actually drive it around (raise your hand if you’re surprised) but it’s something. I’m starting to firmly believe that if you want ANT tone out of these motors you’re probably going to need a system that deletes the resonator and has a higher flowing muffler.
Do people who run systems like this ever run hard trails? That thing would be smashed flat coming down the first ledge on a trail, looks sure but use-ability of the Jeep is significantly reduced with that hanging behind like that. Of course if you don’t do any trails I supposed is it doesn’t matter.

OffroadTreks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU 2.0TE
Vehicle Showcase
Do people who run systems like this ever run hard trails? That thing would be smashed flat coming down the first ledge on a trail, looks sure but use-ability of the Jeep is significantly reduced with that hanging behind like that. Of course if you don’t do any trails I supposed is it doesn’t matter.
Just gotta run 40's bro! LOL