2.0L Suggested Upgrades

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
I added a couple thousand dollars worth of crap when I did my build. I accomplished what I set out to do which was to not have to do a bunch of shopping afterwards. All the little doodads I added cost double or triple the aftermarket piece.
I would only add something you can't get aftermarket like a color matched top or fenders.

Gravytheclown

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Willys
Not a mod but Deal with TSB-07-001-20. Trust me you don’t want to wait until it cause an over heating issue that results in needing a new motor installed. Has I known about this I would have insisted they deal with it before I pick it up.
Gravy

1DD2D6D5-14AB-488B-B66A-043918FE0F87.jpeg

Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
I'd say leave it stock, then see what you want. I did that with my JT and found a few things I wanted and several things I wanted that I didn't need. It's very capable from the factory so unless you're doing some heavy rock crawling you really don't need larger tires, despite what so many here say.

If I was you I'd personally go with aluminum bumpers. They can be cheaper than the factory steel, lighter, and while you don't live in the snow belt, won't rust if you want to visit somewhere like CO in the colder months. Depending where you go I know they will salt some of the mountain passes.

Some simple things I think everyone should do are the 13" antenna, door sill guards from RR, skip buying the sliders from Jeep and get better aftermarket ones, and maybe a hood graphic or small side 1 depending on what paint you got. I've got a 1941 decal and side Gobi decals coming from @pixeldecals (Do you know when you're doing your next batch BTW?).

I always recommend a dead pedal too from Amazon, they make the driving position so much better, as long as you have the good transmission. Lastly, a console vault (like Tuffy) is always a good addition for a nice lockable and secure bit of storage.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Please leave it alone until AFTER you’ve driven it several thousand miles and determined what YOU need/want. There are trade-offs for all things. You’ll save money and you’ll wind up with a Jeep that suits YOUR needs. A new Rubicon is FAR more capable than most drivers right out of the box. Use it, learn it, and enjoy it. There will always be time for any mods you find that you “need” or “want”.

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
Superchips td3 really wakes up the 2.0t on the performance tune if you are looking for more power. Shaved a half second off the 0-60 time. We also get 1-2 mpg better fuel economy.
Link to the td3? My link lists a bunch of stuff the JLR already has.

If you're looking for off road performance tires make the biggest difference in my opinion. More agressive tread and airing down to at least 20 psi improves ride, traction, and
for sure on the tires remark.
Every time I tell my wife let's air down for better traction she replies, you've got plenty of traction, air down for a smoother ride. It's probably the placebo effect, but 37's at 12 PSI seem much smoother than the 33 KO's at 12 PSI. The 37's are bigger balloons, so I'm sure there's some impact.

+1 on the TD3. I've been running the Superchips performance tune for about a year and a half now. I was recently asked to put the tune back to stock by a friend so he could test something. I drove it without the tune for a weekend and couldn't wait to put the tune back in. It just seems to really improve drivability. It feels more responsive and peppier. It's just nicer to drive. Without the tune it just felt a little sluggish compared to with the tune. I also installed the transmission tune on mine.
The superchips.com/td3/ page doesn't show much improvement from stock.

Maybe the TD3 is not for me, my JLR is dedicated to crawling. I'm happy with the way it performs to the trailhead.

Sponsored

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Link to the td3? My link lists a bunch of stuff the JLR already has.

for sure on the tires remark.
Every time I tell my wife let's air down for better traction she replies, you've got plenty of traction, air down for a smoother ride. It's probably the placebo effect, but 37's at 12 PSI seem much smoother than the 33 KO's at 12 PSI. The 37's are bigger balloons, so I'm sure there's some impact.

The superchips.com/td3/ page doesn't show much improvement from stock.

Maybe the TD3 is not for me, my JLR is dedicated to crawling. I'm happy with the way it performs to the trailhead.
Peak power numbers don't show a big change. It's the day to day drivability and lower RPM stuff. It's just more of a pleasure to drive around. If you're a rock crawler, I think the superchips tune in 4-lo has less torque management than stock. Also, afaik nobody running the superchips tune has had charging issues running in 4-lo. Some people have reported issues running around in 4-lo and the batteries going dead while on the trail. It's not a wide spread thing and Jeep never came out with a fix, but those that applied the tune have reported not having the issue anymore.

JeepyD

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T
I've been very happy with the 2.0's performance. It's never felt sluggish and gets 18MPG on 40's in town. I had a 2008 JKUR that got 13 MPG with 35's and the crappy old minivan V6.

20220820_153825.jpg
20220820_153937.jpg
20220820_153903.jpg
Sponsored