srbbnd

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stella 4T
Hello,

I have been lurking around this site for quite some time. I have been reading a plethora of reviews and forums and keep getting conflicting information. Can anyone clarify with some degree of accuracy the following questions.

Is the cost of the 2.0L less or more than the 3.6L auto?

Can 87 unleaded be used?

Release dates for the 4 door and 2 door version?

I know MPG is still being determined but what are the current estimates?
Sponsored

Grimmjpr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
From what I understand the 3.6 V6 with 6 speed manual will be the base engine/trans, 8 speed will be an upgrade option with the 3.6, the 2.0 Turbo will be an optional extra cost upgrade but it will also include the 8 speed auto.

87 can be used with a loss of performance but 91 is recommended for max performance.....I'd also try to only run 91 in the hot weather.....excess heat usually adds to the possibility of ping or pre-detonation.

Rough estimates for release of the 2.0 turbo 4 is March to May ish.

From what I've read estimated EPA will be about 1 MPG better then the 3.6 V6 as well as an approximate 1 second faster 0-60 than the 3.6 V6.....if that matters to you.

I'm no expert, just love Jeeps and this is the info I've seen. Hope this helps.

CantThinkOfAHandle

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 RAV4, 2015 BMW Diesel Sports Wagon
From what I've read estimated EPA will be about 1 MPG better then the 3.6 V6 as well as an approximate 1 second faster 0-60 than the 3.6 V6.....if that matters to you..
The mileage difference will also depend on how much benefit the mild hybrid system provides, and I don't think anyone can guess that until these vehicles get a lot of real-world road testing. There are claims that mild hybrids can result in gains in excess of 20%. The EPA results, when they're published, may not tell us much. I hope one of the auto mags gets hold of one soon and puts it through its paces.
Sponsored