DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Do those modifications improve power on sand? I just installed 33” on her and was wondering if that’s could be a reason.
Turning off the traction control makes ALL the difference in sand. My Jeep is outstanding in sand, with it off. WIth it on, it doesn't want to move.
Sponsored

Alanaloo

First Name
Alana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy's Edition
Day after I pick up the JLRU I get a check engine light. Take it into the dealer and the code is Hybrid Thermal System Controller Circuit. My patients is being tested. I have been waiting too long to now have it sitting in a shop. This is the second issue. Pre delivery inspection revealed a Tube on the turbo that was not on all the way. Anyone Else having any issues? I am still optimistic that the wait was worth it.
At 600 miles I experienced acceleration issues. Took it to the dealer and was told I needed a complete engine swap due to faulty spark plug install. 2 weeks and 600 miles.....not what I signed up for.

catang5oh

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Cherokee
Wel I’ve had my JLUR since Oct. 2018 and have about 13k miles on her. This past Tuesday I took her in for a check engine light message with Throttle Control, Airbag, and Stability control freaking out. I drove to the dealership and had no power. I realized afterwards I prolly shouldn’t have been driving it. So anyways she’s been at the dealer since then...they told me Thursday theu need to replace the throttle control...and I will be out for another 5 business days. Has anyone had similar issues???

81DEE02A-EF22-411D-B6AA-4B43B04ADFBB.jpeg

Mine did it this weeken, did the throttle controller resolve your issue?
86939FD5-9A9D-4336-B637-570B27B8ABE4.jpeg

17E95C86-6378-4AF8-881E-91DD82B0E09B.jpeg

267DABE3-D2E0-493C-847E-7671898A3907.jpeg

Red.Blue

First Name
Mountain Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
So Disappointed… On so many levels…

Brand new JLUR. Had it for 3 weeks. 2.0L T starts clicking (similar to what others describe with bad lifters). Dealer says entire engine needs to be replaced. The 3rd one they’ve seen in recent weeks. With supply disruptions, they estimate 2-4 weeks to repair.

But, hey, at least I got a sweet mall-rated Renegade loaner.

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
I have over 400k miles on a stock 4.7L V8 WJ. Have had a check engine light for 8 years straight (Don't feel like replacing the evap canister). Displacement and simple design FTW. Thought about trading her in for a new wrangler but having second thoughts...
Aren't those the engines that spin bearings and drop valve seats at 50k?

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Aren't those the engines that spin bearings and drop valve seats at 50k?
Supposedly but I've got an 04 with 125k miles on it that runs like a champ. The issue occurs if they get overheated and the driver doesn't respond quickly. If they don't overheat, they don't get have the issue. Many are out there with over 300k miles on them.

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
Supposedly but I've got an 04 with 125k miles on it that runs like a champ. The issue occurs if they get overheated and the driver doesn't respond quickly. If they don't overheat, they don't get have the issue. Many are out there with over 300k miles on them.
I hear you. My DD is an '04 WJ 4.7L with 177K. It's treated me well for the 5 years I've owned it and aside from leaking oil everywhere it's still strong and reliable. That said I'm looking forward to replacing it with a JL sometime this year.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I hear you. My DD is an '04 WJ 4.7L with 177K. It's treated me well for the 5 years I've owned it and aside from leaking oil everywhere it's still strong and reliable. That said I'm looking forward to replacing it with a JL sometime this year.
Ours is my son's. Two things I've done is 1, replace the power steering and fan hoses to keep that silly complex fan running properly and then 2, I change out the coolant every 2 years. I also replace radiator hoses more frequently than required. I just try to do everything possible to keep the cooling system running properly. Oh yeah, I run high quality synthetic oil, too, like Mobil 1, Pennzoil Ultra Platinum, or Shell Rotella Gas Truck.

Every time I drive that thing I imagine what it would be like in my JKUR. Man, that would have been a nice match!

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
I picked up a JT, but couldn't convince myself to offload my 04 WJ with the 4.7HO motor (140k miles). Way too much fun to drive, especially so in the winter on slick roads. Admittedly, I did have to pull the heads last summer since I had a slight head gasket leak, but after a weekend of wrenching and all new gaskets/seals/timing chains/etc, she runs great again.

Alanaloo

First Name
Alana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy's Edition
What the heck!!!! Issue after issue after issue!
I've about had it with Jeep 😡.
2020 JLU engine replaced at 600 miles.....camshaft replaced at 6K miles.....and now I'm being told the engine need to be replaced AGAIN at 10K miles!!!! I am frustrated beyond belief 🤬.
Is this real life??? @JeepCares

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
2020 JLU engine replaced at 600 miles.....camshaft replaced at 6K miles.....and now I'm being told the engine need to be replaced AGAIN at 10K miles!!!! I am frustrated beyond belief 🤬.
Lemon law….

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hey, Alanaloo. Please send our team a private message with more details and we can assist.

Kate
Jeep Cares

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Did you get it resolved yet? 🤯