2.0 L Turbo mechanical issues

steveg

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, Ram 1500
Day after I pick up the JLRU I get a check engine light. Take it into the dealer and the code is Hybrid Thermal System Controller Circuit. My patients is being tested. I have been waiting too long to now have it sitting in a shop. This is the second issue. Pre delivery inspection revealed a Tube on the turbo that was not on all the way. Anyone Else having any issues? I am still optimistic that the wait was worth it.
Sponsored

TT13

First Name
Tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Turbo 2.0L, Toyota Tacoma 15
Day after I pick up the JLRU I get a check engine light. Take it into the dealer and the code is Hybrid Thermal System Controller Circuit. My patients is being tested. I have been waiting too long to now have it sitting in a shop. This is the second issue. Pre delivery inspection revealed a Tube on the turbo that was not on all the way. Anyone Else having any issues? I am still optimistic that the wait was worth it.
Hi. I had 1910 miles on my turbo, with the check engine light which was intermittent, when I took it in. One day it was off and the next day it was back on. I first thought it was bad gas or a loose gas cap as it said in the owners manual. I was away on vacation. It as been in for service since 8/17. They said I needs a new HV battery module. They have to build one for it. It won’t be here before 8/31. Here are my codes: p0a7f, p0b3b, p0dae, p1a29 all for hybrid issues.

Sponsored

td1618

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2.0 Turbo
After 4 months of waiting for my JL 2.0T, day 1 about 15 miles after I drove off the lot, the check engine light came on. Went straight back to the dealer. They said the issue was a "crankshaft position sensor" malfunction which is a small pin connected sensor. It took almost a week for them to get the part in and then they fixed it. It took 6 hours of labor and they test drove the car. So I had to wait an extra week.

No issues almost 300 miles later. MPG seems decent albeit a bit less than the 22/24 rating. More like 18/20 for me.

My first thought when I had the check engine light on was that it's a bad sign, but now maybe the sensor issue and subsequent labor and test drive was perhaps a blessing in disguise. Time will tell .. but I am enjoying the 2.0T thus far, and it's quicker than I expected.

joeltron

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
180 miles, CEL popped up on mine. 207 miles, on a startup the engine revved up to 4k and just hung out there until I turned it off, giving me the error "service electronic throttle control". Happened a few times after, CEL intermittently turning on and off. 500 miles and its back at the dealership. Not exactly what I thought a $45k car would behave like.

Schipperke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback ; Ford F150
Is this 2.0 "Mild Hybrid" system in any other FCA automobiles? I'd like to lurk those forums and look for any problems.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Is this 2.0 "Mild Hybrid" system in any other FCA automobiles? I'd like to lurk those forums and look for any problems.
E-Torque is on the 2019 Ram pick ups.

Sponsored

OP
OP
steveg

steveg

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, Ram 1500
Update - Still have not found the cause of the Check engine light. It is back to the dealer for the 3rd time now. Dealer can't find the issue so they give it back to us and usually within a day the CEL is back on. Fuel economy is around 16 overall average and 15 around town. Paid Extra for an engine that is getting worse Fuel economy than the 6-Cylinder.

TT13

First Name
Tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Turbo 2.0L, Toyota Tacoma 15
Update - Still have not found the cause of the Check engine light. It is back to the dealer for the 3rd time now. Dealer can't find the issue so they give it back to us and usually within a day the CEL is back on. Fuel economy is around 16 overall average and 15 around town. Paid Extra for an engine that is getting worse Fuel economy than the 6-Cylinder.
Update also: my Jeep has been in for service since 8/17. They replaced the module and hybrid battery. The battery that they put in as new was defective. FCA is sending a second hybrid battery to try again. Tomorrow will be 21 day in a rental car. My Jeep was getting great mileage before it was taken in for service for the MIL light. So sad. I really did love driving it! Hope to see it back and fixed soon!

OP
OP
steveg

steveg

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, Ram 1500
Update also: my Jeep has been in for service since 8/17. They replaced the module and hybrid battery. The battery that they put in as new was defective. FCA is sending a second hybrid battery to try again. Tomorrow will be 21 day in a rental car. My Jeep was getting great mileage before it was taken in for service for the MIL light. So sad. I really did love driving it! Hope to see it back and fixed soon!
hang in there, at least they know what the problem is.... It should get resolved for you soon.

OP
OP
steveg

steveg

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, Ram 1500
A big shout out to Jones Auto Center in Wickenburg AZ. Their mechanic found the perverbial needle in the haystack. I kept getting an intermittent check engine light and the fuel economy was running 15 to 16 at best. The CEL was not on when it arrived at their shop but the mechanic went through the Hybrid system and found a pin on the 48v wire harness that was out about 1/8th of an inch. Enough to make contact but not seated correctly in the harness. (Passenger side connector) They delivered it to my house this afternoon and the overall fuel economy is now up in the 20's where it belongs. 7 miles per gallon increase after fixing a poor connection. Hopefully the last of the gremlins.
Sponsored