Sponsored

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon JLU 4xe; 2016 Mazda CX-5
For those interested, the service dept found a bad PCV valve. Unfortunately the only replacement is in Denver so they are getting it first thing in the morning. They predict the Jeep will be ready early afternoon tomorrow.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I'm very happy with my 2.0T, no issues, fun and responsive, mid to high 20s mpg with 91 non ethanol, 89 (ethanol) when non ethanol not available. 1700 miles.
Question ; will the non ethanol fuel keep valves cleaner ? What treatments to keep DI deposits from building up ?
Seafoam treatment can be used on DI to keep intake clean. Common to do this on Audi’s that have DI. Google how to do it.

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Yes it does, the 2.0 turbo uses a water-to-air intercooler
Understood.
I was meaning it doesn't have an air to air intercooler to drill a drain hole in, so it doesn't pertain to this.

Sponsored

DesertFox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep KL
Yes it does, the 2.0 turbo uses a water-to-air intercooler
No, it does not. If you look under the hood you’ll see that the intake air goes straight from the air cleaner through the throttle body, into the turbo compressor then directly into the head. No traditional intercooler at all. The throttle body and turbo are water cooled by a separate system which has a small heat exchanger in front of the radiator.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
No, it does not. If you look under the hood you’ll see that the intake air goes straight from the air cleaner through the throttle body, into the turbo compressor then directly into the head. No traditional intercooler at all. The throttle body and turbo are water cooled by a separate system which has a small heat exchanger in front of the radiator.
Yes, it uses a water-to-air intercooler/heat exchanger/charge air cooler/whatever you want to call it to bring air temps down.

Per FCA:
"A dedicated cooling circuit lowers the temperature of the intake air, throttle body and turbocharger"

400kGC

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
I have over 400k miles on a stock 4.7L V8 WJ. Have had a check engine light for 8 years straight (Don't feel like replacing the evap canister). Displacement and simple design FTW. Thought about trading her in for a new wrangler but having second thoughts...

Huskywrangler

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I have over 400k miles on a stock 4.7L V8 WJ. Have had a check engine light for 8 years straight (Don't feel like replacing the evap canister). Displacement and simple design FTW. Thought about trading her in for a new wrangler but having second thoughts...
Cool

Sponsored

JLpadilla

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Is this 2.0 "Mild Hybrid" system in any other FCA automobiles? I'd like to lurk those forums and look for any problems.
Hi! I have a 2019 Sahara with the 2.0L engine. Just yesterday I went of roaring on loose sand and kept getting stuck. I feel like the Turbo isn’t engaging...Has anyone ever had this problem?

E6EFDEA8-8A13-4659-9A26-9C1EE0513A75.jpeg

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Did you turn off traction control and ESC while playing in the sand?
Bet that's it. My 3.6 felt like it had a hamster in it on a recent off-road excursion in the sand before I realized the TC was on.

Unleash that beast!

JLpadilla

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
No I didn’t...I’m new to sand.
Bet that's it. My 3.6 felt like it had a hamster in it on a recent off-road excursion in the sand before I realized the TC was on.

Unleash that beast!
Do those modifications improve power on sand? I just installed 33” on her and was wondering if that’s could be a reason.
Sponsored