Sponsored

2.0 L Turbo mechanical issues

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
It's very obvious FCA QUALITY CONTROL DOESN'T EXIST.
It never really has. FCA vehicles consistently rank low in that area. You make your own choices when buying a new vehicle and you buy at your own risk. Even the highest rated and most quality conscious companies have issues. If they didn't, we wouldn't need bumper to bumper warranties.
Sponsored

Caihuang

First Name
Cai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler sport
I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL with the 2.0 turbo and my check engine light has appeared twice already. I bought it less than a month ago, right now it only has 800 miles on it. The first one I believe was the gas cap. Now it’s been on and off randomly. This is going to be interesting when I bring it into the dealership next week..

ShelleeL

First Name
Shellee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
RN
I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL with the 2.0 turbo and my check engine light has appeared twice already. I bought it less than a month ago, right now it only has 800 miles on it. The first one I believe was the gas cap. Now it’s been on and off randomly. This is going to be interesting when I bring it into the dealership next week..
At least you have 800. Our has less than 100. We had it home only one night. Don’t think they know what’s going on

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Get used to it on all vehicles. Cars are getting way too complicated and have way too many sensors that may or may not indicate any issue (e.g., loose wire connector instead of real issue). Older cars were very simple but all of the wiring, computers, technology, accessories, parts mean there are going to be more go wrong no matter what you pay. Does the public drive the move to this complexity or the manufacturer trying to differentiate themselves plus charge more to make more money? Just wait for warranty to run out and have a lot of these systems wear out. Nothing that is done after a car is made is cheaper to replace than when done at the factory.

Caihuang

First Name
Cai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler sport
At least you have 800. Our has less than 100. We had it home only one night. Don’t think they know what’s going on
The first time was the first night we got it home with a whopping 28 miles

Sponsored

TT13

First Name
Tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Turbo 2.0L, Toyota Tacoma 15
Did they ever find what was wrong?
Hi!

The same thing happened to me in Aug 18. The check engine light would go on and off. Took in it and they had to replace the hybrid battery pack twice. The first one was also defective. My Jeep was in the shop for 23 days. I did have a rental during that time. Everything with the battery has been corrected. So far so good!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Hi!

The same thing happened to me in Aug 18. The check engine light would go on and off. Took in it and they had to replace the hybrid battery pack twice. The first one was also defective. My Jeep was in the shop for 23 days. I did have a rental during that time. Everything with the battery has been corrected. So far so good!
Hi, I remember this. Great everything was taken care of and you have been trouble free since the repair.

Caihuang

First Name
Cai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler sport
Hi!

That is crazy, I’m expecting my dealership to tell me they need to see the CEL on during service and if not probably just send me home. I feel like that’s just how they are with my experiences with dealerships. How did you get them to check it all over?

Caihuang

First Name
Cai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler sport
Did they ever find what was wrong?
I have a service apt later this week. It seems to me the more of these new models are sold. The busier the shops seem to be during this time. Last month the dealership was empty all month. Source from a mechanic at dodge dealership

Sponsored

ShelleeL

First Name
Shellee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
RN
Update on my Jeep with the check engine light. Had been in service a week. Star agent worked with service for some problem solving and tests. Smoke test negative. Found Purge Solenoid Control Valve to have leak and replaced. Drove home and so far no problem. Fingers crossed

NYX

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Hi all, I joined the forum to share my experience as well. I purchased my Rubicon JLU with the 2.0L Turbo new in October 2018. The MIL (check engine) light first came on in early Feb, just under 4K miles. It turned off on its own after a few days and was off for the 1st oil change.

Well, then the real fun started when it stayed on and other idiot lights would also join in. On the 3rd trip to the Dealership, they ended up keeping it for nearly 3 weeks which was agony. After changing out several parts, I was an engine harness away from turning in my dream vehicle under NYS Lemon Law. The culprit? Moisture in one of the harness connectors, rear passenger side. The corroded connector was replaced and the dielectric grease added, solving the problems.

All was good for a full month, I'm at 8K miles and MIL just came on again yesterday. I did hit the accelerator hard and turn quickly to avoid a moron, hoping it will turn back off with my "normal driving cycle". Getting checked at the Dealership again tomorrow, just in case. Sorry so windy :tumbleweed:

medtech

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Day after I pick up the JLRU I get a check engine light. Take it into the dealer and the code is Hybrid Thermal System Controller Circuit. My patients is being tested. I have been waiting too long to now have it sitting in a shop. This is the second issue. Pre delivery inspection revealed a Tube on the turbo that was not on all the way. Anyone Else having any issues? I am still optimistic that the wait was worth it.

medtech

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
600 miles and no issues....getting 22.5 mpg so far vert pleased with its performance ....test drive the 3.0 then 2.0 and was sold
Sponsored