First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jl 6spd, ‘01 Tj Sahara 5spd
DDE29B97-2633-4C9D-B73E-C8AD29190B8A.jpeg
828DFEDD-3C29-4F82-81B4-A9A33585CDB9.jpeg
Passenger side lines up perfect, drivers side there is a gap. Lowered the windshield and tightened back up, didn’t help. I stuck a piece of foam in it to get rid of the wind leak but was wondering if I could adjust the front of the soft top to fit it flush. I really don’t want to go to the dealer for this.
Sponsored

clayps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
DDE29B97-2633-4C9D-B73E-C8AD29190B8A.jpeg
828DFEDD-3C29-4F82-81B4-A9A33585CDB9.jpeg
Passenger side lines up perfect, drivers side there is a gap. Lowered the windshield and tightened back up, didn’t help. I stuck a piece of foam in it to get rid of the wind leak but was wondering if I could adjust the front of the soft top to fit it flush. I really don’t want to go to the dealer for this.
Looks like a manufacturing problem like the fabric wasn't cut straight and it's too short on one side. The gap looks too big for any amount of adjustment to fix. I'd work with the dealership to look at a replacement top if it were me.

OP
OP
T.T.T

T.T.T

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like a manufacturing problem like the fabric wasn't cut straight and it's too short on one side. The gap looks too big for any amount of adjustment to fix. I'd work with the dealership to look at a replacement top if it were me.
I appreciate the input I might end up going to a dealer when I find time.

SteppJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
US Army
I appreciate the input I might end up going to a dealer when I find time.
@T.T.T. Any luck getting this corrected. I am experiencing the same thing with my JLU Sport

OP
OP
T.T.T

T.T.T

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@T.T.T. Any luck getting this corrected. I am experiencing the same thing with my JLU Sport
I ended up putting a piece of foam with adhesive on one side on it. Works great. Never took it to the dealership for a replacement but I’m sure you could.
Sponsored