Sponsored

JK Wheels on a JL?

RCD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Just throwing this out there, I have JK Recon Rubicon wheels and tires on my JL currently (Jeep dealer had them on there already) I checked how the lug nuts mate in with the contact surface with the wheel. Looked good. 20180313_185859.jpg
Just throwing this out there, I have JK Recon Rubicon wheels and tires on my JL currently (Jeep dealer had them on there already) I checked how the lug nuts mate in with the contact surface with the wheel. Looked good. 20180313_185859.jpg
Please advise of wheel and tire combo and any retro necessary to make them fit on JL sport on your white Sport. I REALLY like this combo. If unknown, can you provide me with dealer name so I can message them to find out.
Sponsored

SwrvnMrvin

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2015 Jeep Renegade Lattitude
Please advise of wheel and tire combo and any retro necessary to make them fit on JL sport on your white Sport. I REALLY like this combo. If unknown, can you provide me with dealer name so I can message them to find out.
In stock form or with my 2.5 RK lift with Evo shock extensions, there's no retro necessary to fit JK Recon wheels. As stated before, the dealer had installed some JK Recon Rubicon take off wheels with stock JK Rubi tires (255/75R17) and was sold to me that way. I have since upgraded my shocks to Falcons and found out, along with my lift and 315/70R17 KO2s, the rear tires hit the shock body at full articulation. To remedy this, I put on a set of Spidertrax JL wheel spacers. Nicer stance and no clearance issues. Hopefully this answers your questions.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
In stock form or with my 2.5 RK lift with Evo shock extensions, there's no retro necessary to fit JK Recon wheels. As stated before, the dealer had installed some JK Recon Rubicon take off wheels with stock JK Rubi tires (255/75R17) and was sold to me that way. I have since upgraded my shocks to Falcons and found out, along with my lift and 315/70R17 KO2s, the rear tires hit the shock body at full articulation. To remedy this, I put on a set of Spidertrax JL wheel spacers. Nicer stance and no clearance issues. Hopefully this answers your questions.
Very nice from what I can make out of your avatar pic. Any nicer pics you care to share?

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone put JK Willy’s Wheels on a JL Sahara? Would there be any issues with brake clearance going from an 18” Wheel to 17”?
I doubt you'll have any issues with any of the oem Jeep 17" wheels. The Rubicon has larger brakes and has 17s. Also, someone on here has aftermarket 16s (which barely fit)!

Flyfysh1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2018
I wanted to order Mopar Part# 82219010AB JK Wheels and put them on my JL. Dealership that I inquired through states that JK Wheels will absolutely NOT fit on a JL - something about JL's no longer being 5x5. Is this true?

If so, what bolt pattern or specs do I need to look out for when ordering aftermarket wheels? Fuel is telling me wheels should fit on my JL no problem. I just want to make sure I order the right thing.
JK wheels do fit on the JL. They required an 1/8 inch spacer in the front. I have not tried to put one on as a spare but it seems like the hub hole is too small for the backup camera.

20190525_110807.jpg

Sponsored

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
The wheels should fit just fine. I hate it when dealership don;t know their butt from a hole in the ground!

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The wheels should fit just fine. I hate it when dealership don;t know their butt from a hole in the ground!
The different diameter of the hub hole, the different taper of the lug nut cone, and the slightly different back space dimension might work ok, but a Dealer has to think "liability " should a problem occur. Sad, but True...

joeyvaz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I’m thinking of doing the opposite. Putting my oem JL Rubicon wheels and tires on my wife’s Jk. Has anyone done this? Are there anything I should be watching out for. I know I have to use her lug nuts.
I found a deal on a set of JL wheels for my daughter's JK. Did you have to change the lugs in order for this to work on your wife's JK? I want to make sure she is 1000% safe and not have issues. I don't mind buying new lugs, but do the lug posts also need to be changed?

Thanks,
Joe

18jlsahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep wrangler sahara, 2016 Jeep Cerokee, 1992 Jeep Wrangler
Im wanting to get the 75th edition bronze wheels for my JL. Quadratec has their own version of it for the JL but I've found a few guys on FB market selling wheels for $500-$600 for the set of 5. This would save me a few hundred $$. My big question is if the JL lug nuts will fit in the Jk holes on the wheels? I know every wheel is made different but is there someone out there who has either has done it or seen the 75th anniversary wheels on a JL? I dont want to risk getting some of these wheels and then have to sit on them until I re-sell them.

Sponsored

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
So is there an exact answer? I would like to put the wheels from a 17 jl sport the same one as flyfysh1.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So is there an exact answer? I would like to put the wheels from a 17 jl sport the same one as flyfysh1.
It's no problem as long as you use your own lug nuts.

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
It's no problem as long as you use your own lug nuts.
Thankyou. Been looking at this thread waiting for a straight answer to pop up. Have a brand new set given to me for free. Been pushing it off cause I wasn’t sure it would fit. Any problems mounting on spare with camera?

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thankyou. Been looking at this thread waiting for a straight answer to pop up. Have a brand new set given to me for free. Been pushing it off cause I wasn’t sure it would fit. Any problems mounting on spare with camera?
The center hub opening should also be the same 71.5 mm size so there shouldn't be any problem. There is a possibility the camera cover may not fit back on. If so, just leave it off. It has no function I could see anyways. Post pics of your Jeep, before and after.
Sponsored