bgirly49

First Name
Bernadette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018+ Firecracker Red Wrangler Sport JL
Hi Blake and Bernadette,
Our team would be happy to look into this to see if there is anything we can do on our end to get this part to your dealers faster. If this is something you would be interested in, feel free to send us a private message.
Alex
JeepCares
Thanks @JeepCares. Totally appreciate all of you over there.
Sponsored

bem1

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lantanapcguy.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Update: visor came in this week and has been replaced. So far so good. Hopefully the passenger doesn't follow suit.

-Blake

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Well. I glanced through this thread a week or so ago. Not that I'd ever had any problems with the visor. Until yesterday. :headbang:

Just over a year and 10K miles. At least it sounds mine fared better than some of you with newer JLs.

Try as I might, I could not find an expiration date on the visor. You know... something that says "DO NOT USE AFTER 10,000 MILES." There must be one somewhere... off to the dealer.

IMG_2431.jpg

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi @TJ2018,

We're sorry to hear that this has happened to you as well! Please let us know if you are in need of support while at the dealer.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Hi @TJ2018,

We're sorry to hear that this has happened to you as well! Please let us know if you are in need of support while at the dealer.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
No assistance needed, but thanks. I have a really good dealer (Cerritos Jeep) who has resolved all my issues without any hassle. They've ordered the part and should be replaced early next week.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
No assistance needed, but thanks. I have a really good dealer (Cerritos Jeep) who has resolved all my issues without any hassle. They've ordered the part and should be replaced early next week.
Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that it is getting resolved quickly by your dealer.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
I now have joined the ranks of the broken visor. 15k on the OD and about 11 months of ownership. Trying to get in touch with the dealership now. Sounding like a engineering change should be in the works.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I now have joined the ranks of the broken visor. 15k on the OD and about 11 months of ownership. Trying to get in touch with the dealership now. Sounding like a engineering change should be in the works.
Hi DaK,
We're sorry to hear this. As mentioned to your fellow forum members, please feel free to reach out to us via PM if additional assistance is needed while working with your dealer.
Alex
JeepCares

Jeep_VB

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Sport, Dodge Charger Scatpack
Add my wife to this list as well, The passenger side fell and I was already waiting on a recall part to come in. Well 2 day's before going in to have the recall done the driver side failed as well. My dealer is great took care of the recall and ordered 2 new visors and a new passenger seat bracket (was making noise apparently needed to be replaced) all under warranty.

@Jeep Has the problem been corrected with the replacement Visors we are getting or can we expect to have to replace again in the future? Also can you tell me if the sun visors in the Gladiator are going to have the same problem, just want to be prepared.

Sponsored

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
Hi DaK,
We're sorry to hear this. As mentioned to your fellow forum members, please feel free to reach out to us via PM if additional assistance is needed while working with your dealer.
Alex
JeepCares
Alex, Jim Marsh Jeep in Centennial Las Vegas has it well in hand. Part is on order. Just wanna echo Jeep_VB's request, "has this been corrected with the new part or can we continue to expect this level of failure with the visors?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Add my wife to this list as well, The passenger side fell and I was already waiting on a recall part to come in. Well 2 day's before going in to have the recall done the driver side failed as well. My dealer is great took care of the recall and ordered 2 new visors and a new passenger seat bracket (was making noise apparently needed to be replaced) all under warranty.

@Jeep Has the problem been corrected with the replacement Visors we are getting or can we expect to have to replace again in the future? Also can you tell me if the sun visors in the Gladiator are going to have the same problem, just want to be prepared.
Alex, Jim Marsh Jeep in Centennial Las Vegas has it well in hand. Part is on order. Just wanna echo Jeep_VB's request, "has this been corrected with the new part or can we continue to expect this level of failure with the visors?
Hi Erik and DaK,
Because our team is not mechanically trained, we do rely on our dealers in the field to assist customer's with parts information. We recommend reaching out to your dealers to discuss further.
Alex
JeepCares

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
Has anyone got one of the broken visors back? What is the failed part? And what is the assumption of the failure? Am going to ask the dealer to retain the part until I pick up the vehicle as I want to see the part?

Am gonna guess the plastic piece that swivels can't handle the constant use in either being swiveled or like most of us do, extend the visor out to block the sun when it is over the mirror.

OP
OP
JB4818

JB4818

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon; 2022 Ram 1500 Rebel
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone got one of the broken visors back? What is the failed part? And what is the assumption of the failure? Am going to ask the dealer to retain the part until I pick up the vehicle as I want to see the part?

Am gonna guess the plastic piece that swivels can't handle the constant use in either being swiveled or like most of us do, extend the visor out to block the sun when it is over the mirror.
I took mine apart before bringing it to the dealer. It was too difficult to get a clear image, so I do not have a picture. The black plastic that surrounds the metal bar is broken on the top side of the mounting plate. It just seems like the plastic has a weak spot that happens to be where the visor is held up. I just have to treat the Jeep's with more tender care than any other vehicle I have owned (including two other FCA vehicles that have rotating and sliding visors).

Flyslinger2

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara
@JeepCares

Mine did the same thing over the weekend. Driver side. Just crumbled without provocation. Normal use.
Sponsored