Sponsored

Sun Visor Broken

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
Followed up with my dealership about the driver's side visor I had them order about two weeks ago, they said it wasn't in yet. The dealer rep stated that this visor issue has been a known problem for a long time and in the past has taken up to 8 months to get the visors. They also informed me that there was been a redesign of the part but it's longevity is not know at this time. Am taking the Jeep in this Friday for oil change and to get my off road pages back, which appears to be another known problem. At this time I will have them place the passenger side visor on order as well. Might as well get Jeep to replace the parts on THEIR dime instead of mine at a later date.
Sponsored

HardRockSteele67

First Name
Kutt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Rubicon
Occupation
Eng.
Vehicle Showcase
We called and set up the sun visor repair with Nyle Maxwell here in Austin a few weeks back .
Yesterday I got this awesome reminder about taking it in to the dealer today an dropping it off only to be told they SURPRISE !!!! Don't have the part .....(then why am I scheduled for today)
They said the parts are a few week's out and will call to schedule the repair when they have them. #NotImpressed
I wasted gas and time for them to inspect what we all know will be a recall item at some point.
And yes I will make them replace the passengers side

2019-12-04_13-45-57.jpg

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Followed up with my dealership about the driver's side visor I had them order about two weeks ago, they said it wasn't in yet. The dealer rep stated that this visor issue has been a known problem for a long time and in the past has taken up to 8 months to get the visors. They also informed me that there was been a redesign of the part but it's longevity is not know at this time. Am taking the Jeep in this Friday for oil change and to get my off road pages back, which appears to be another known problem. At this time I will have them place the passenger side visor on order as well. Might as well get Jeep to replace the parts on THEIR dime instead of mine at a later date.
We called and set up the sun visor repair with Nyle Maxwell here in Austin a few weeks back .
Yesterday I got this awesome reminder about taking it in to the dealer today an dropping it off only to be told they SURPRISE !!!! Don't have the part .....(then why am I scheduled for today)
They said the parts are a few week's out and will call to schedule the repair when they have them. #NotImpressed
I wasted gas and time for them to inspect what we all know will be a recall item at some point.
And yes I will make them replace the passengers side

2019-12-04_13-45-57.jpg
Hello! We are happy to get a case open and escalated for you both for the part delay. Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN so that we can get started.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

Moneypenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Bikini Pearl Rubicon
My 2019 Rubicon JL's driver side visor failed like this after having the Jeep for about five months (took delivery in early July 2019). Will be calling the dealer tomorrow and asking them to replace both the driver and passenger's sides. At this point, I don't trust the passenger's side after reading others' experience in this forum.

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
My 2019 Rubicon JL's driver side visor failed like this after having the Jeep for about five months (took delivery in early July 2019). Will be calling the dealer tomorrow and asking them to replace both the driver and passenger's sides. At this point, I don't trust the passenger's side after reading others' experience in this forum.
Gonna do the same thing tomorrow when mine goes in for service. Most likely going to get the response of, "we can only replace/repair items when they fail". See how it plays and will report back how it went.

Sponsored

j-isk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 4-door JL
My fiancee's Jeep Wrangler visor also broke at the swivel after just unlatching it once to shield the sun. I looked into the problem and noted that the problem was due to the fact that the swivel tip broke at the mount (see diagram). The swivel tip is pressed into the mount, but the part is made of thin metal or brittle plastic. Absolutely poor design! I haven't had time to bring the Jeep to the dealer and to wait for a back-order fill. So, I wrapped a wire tight around the base of the swivel and secured the wire to the mounting screws (see pic).

Diagram_0003.jpg

Repair.jpg

garfieldtcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon
Add me to the list too. My passenger side visor broke. The Jeep is just about a year old with 10k miles on it, but I think this was the first time the passenger visor was ever unlatched. Iā€™ll add it to the list of repairs when I go in for my next oil change.

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Had the (broken) driver side visor replaced last month on my 2018 JLUR with 10K miles. Had them check it out during an oil change. Part was ordered, received, and replaced within a week.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My fiancee's Jeep Wrangler visor also broke at the swivel after just unlatching it once to shield the sun. I looked into the problem and noted that the problem was due to the fact that the swivel tip broke at the mount (see diagram). The swivel tip is pressed into the mount, but the part is made of thin metal or brittle plastic. Absolutely poor design! I haven't had time to bring the Jeep to the dealer and to wait for a back-order fill. So, I wrapped a wire tight around the base of the swivel and secured the wire to the mounting screws (see pic).

Diagram_0003.jpg

Repair.jpg
Add me to the list too. My passenger side visor broke. The Jeep is just about a year old with 10k miles on it, but I think this was the first time the passenger visor was ever unlatched. Iā€™ll add it to the list of repairs when I go in for my next oil change.

Hello,
If we can be of any assistance once in service, please feel free to send us a direct message. We'd be glad to help.

Lamar
JeepCares

dylan_alex

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Hi guys! Iā€™m having the same problem on my 2018 Jeep Wrangler on my drivers side. 13,000 miles on it. Owned for 11 months. I went into the dealership today to get my oil changed and thought the sun visor would be a quick fix...they pretty much told me the piece holding it in the car was broken and that it would not be covered under my warranty...okay. So get this, $500 dollars to fix!!!!!!! Any help??!!! This is absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored

j-isk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 4-door JL
Hi guys! Iā€™m having the same problem on my 2018 Jeep Wrangler on my drivers side. 13,000 miles on it. Owned for 11 months. I went into the dealership today to get my oil changed and thought the sun visor would be a quick fix...they pretty much told me the piece holding it in the car was broken and that it would not be covered under my warranty...okay. So get this, $500 dollars to fix!!!!!!! Any help??!!! This is absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!
Please see my post above. Unfortunately, the problem stems from a poor design. For all those that got the visor repaired, I will bet that the part will break again as soon as the visor is swiveled out. The part that holds the swivel in the mount is made of thin metal or hard plastic that very easily breaks. My repair job is crude, but it will do rather than constantly having to deal with the dealer/warranty back and forth.

dylan_alex

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please see my post above. Unfortunately, the problem stems from a poor design. For all those that got the visor repaired, I will bet that the part will break again as soon as the visor is swiveled out. The part that holds the swivel in the mount is made of thin metal or hard plastic that very easily breaks. My repair job is crude, but it will do rather than constantly having to deal with the dealer/warranty back and forth.

Thanks for the reply. I see that it is a crappy design, but any idea why theyā€™re saying itā€™s not covered under my warranty/why itā€™s a 500 dollar fix?

j-isk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 4-door JL
Thanks for the reply. I see that it is a crappy design, but any idea why theyā€™re saying itā€™s not covered under my warranty/why itā€™s a 500 dollar fix?
Sorry, no idea why it's not covered under warranty. It should really be.

To those representatives of Jeep/Jeep cares that post in this forum, it's about time that Jeep finds a long term solution to this problem or recall the part.

dylan_alex

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, no idea why it's not covered under warranty. It should really be.

To those representatives of Jeep/Jeep cares that post in this forum, it's about time that Jeep finds a long term solution to this problem or recall the part.

Ughhhhhhh!!!! Agreed a freakin 45,000 dollar vehicle should not have these problems!!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi Dylan,
Just wanted to let you know that we have received your PM and will continue assisting you from there.
Alex
JeepCares
Sponsored