Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

yikes. was going to order one for my jeep but they were out of stock of the color i wanted. i guess ill keep researching...
Sponsored

NavyJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS; Bikini; Manual; Soft Top. Let the spending begin.
Just had one clip break; had it on the jeep about 4 months.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
yikes. was going to order one for my jeep but they were out of stock of the color i wanted. i guess ill keep researching...
The Voodonala (or whatever) on Amazon is very similar, but no clips.

I returned mine 'cause I just didn't like it, I wanted open to the sky (realized after having a shade overhead), but that's strictly personal preference

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Was doing quite a bit if research and watched some install videos on YT. The JTops seems to be the best so far. Pricey but looks better for so many reasons.

Sponsored

JohnnyJLUR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Granite Crystal, 2013 Mazda MX5 Club
I have had the same clip issue. I am going to use the 4 window bolts like suggested in this thread. What I think I will do differently, is use some small ball bungees to keep the shade tighter to the front. I have 4" and 6" bungees so I will have to play with it a bit to see what works best.

I guess the only way this will not work is if I want to drive around with the windshield down, which I never do.

20191103_143204.jpg

parbo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
It’s a joke that Alienshade is on here saying using the windshield bolts is a good solution to someone that has had two sets of clips fail. How about them fixing the design. I have had two sets of clips fail myself. I am using the windshield bolts myself just to get by before getting something better. I do not recommend this setup and would not buy again.

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
On my third set of clips, and they told me they can't replace them anymore because the clips are not covered by warranty, only the shade itself is warrantied.

Currently using two of their bungees per front attachment point and just wrapping those around the windshield roll bar and back to itself, avoiding needing to use any of their clips (that have failed three times now...)

It’s a joke that Alienshade is on here saying using the windshield bolts is a good solution to someone that has had two sets of clips fail. How about them fixing the design. I have had two sets of clips fail myself. I am using the windshield bolts myself just to get by before getting something better. I do not recommend this setup and would not buy again.

JohnnyJLUR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third set of clips, and they told me they can't replace them anymore because the clips are not covered by warranty, only the shade itself is warrantied.

Currently using two of their bungees per front attachment point and just wrapping those around the windshield roll bar and back to itself, avoiding needing to use any of their clips (that have failed three times now...)
I was wondering if wrapping around the windshield roll bar would work. Does it pull any of the trim out or does it look pretty clean? For the sides you could always get some longer bungee ball cords and wrap around the from corners as well. I just want the from of the mesh to not have a gap so the sun does not blind you.

parbo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I wish @alienshade would give a statement in this thread about this issue.

Sponsored

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
I wish @alienshade would give a statement in this thread about this issue.

All my front clips broke multiple times... I will need to buy another brand. I'm pretty pissed that they dont even address the issue or even acknowledge it.

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
Same here, took shade off before putting hardtop on for the coming winter and 3 out of 4 clips busted. I had a spider shadeweb shade cage on my JK 2dr, wasn't sure about the new design of the spider shade for the JL. Also the alien shade is too low as I like sitting high in the seat, anyone know if the new spider shade sits a bit higher than the alien on the JL since it wraps around the roll cage...???

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR

Wow! I wasn't too concerned about the clip issue assuming they replace them as they fail since it is clearly a flawed design. Now hearing this concerns me as it sounds like a cop out.

JohnnyJLUR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow! I wasn't too concerned about the clip issue assuming they replace them as they fail since it is clearly a flawed design. Now hearing this concerns me as it sounds like a cop out.
I am not a fan of the clips in the first place...I am going to play with a couple alternatives this weekend and report back. It should not be too difficult of an issue to solve.

2k6_tx_Dad

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLR 6sp
and they told me they can't replace them anymore because the clips are not covered by warranty, only the shade itself is warrantied.
Thanks for this thread, won't be ordering from Alienshade now.
Sponsored