Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t know why.... but I’m glad it was created, there’s a lot of really cool people on here, and I’m glad to be a part of it. Been on several different forums over the years, this one.... by far... the best! .....:)
Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Why is it JL Wrangler forums and not JLU Wrangler forum since 80% is JLU sales.
I'm guessing it's the same reason they keep making the 2 door Wanglers. Being in the same group as the cool one makes you seem cooler. :bandit:

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I don’t know why.... but I’m glad it was created, there’s a lot of really cool people on here, and I’m glad to be a part of it. Been on several different forums over the years, this one.... by far... the best! .....:)
Thanks Roky. You rock too !:like: ;)

Sponsored

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
Amen to that. I love this forum, great helpful people, not as snarky as other forums. Even though I'm not a wheeler or mod monster but somewhere in between a fire-trail weekender and a commuter I feel welcome here.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Thanks for the responses. I actually did notice on another forum some very rude responses to questions. Searching is not always so easy so it is certain that some questions get asked over and over.
Yes if you stick around any forum long enough you'll see the same topics come up again and again.

As for the idea behind the forum. I think it's primarily as Bill mentioned. However, even if the JL had been available when it was created, I think model specific forums are often a way to limit the stuff you don't want to read about. Don't get me wrong, I like the JK, and we've talked about buying my wife one (my brother was selling his). That said, I don't have one and don't want to sort through threads about other models to find something relevant to my JL. I can't imagine trying to find info about lifts, bumpers, sliders or some other common item if we had to sort through JK, TJ and YJ threads to find it.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
To keep out the riff raff

Sponsored

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK, 2018 Wrangler JLU
Having a JK as well as a JLU, I read another forum for the JK stuff. But I'm kinda done with the mods on it so I don't check it as often any more. However, there are some very technical guys there that are great resources for repairs and trouble shooting. This site is slowly growing in that direction also.

I like this site because it is modern and relatively quick to navigate. The other site looks like it was created in the 90's and is slow and clunky.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i find it better to have a model specific forum, which keeps the forum in a controlled manner. i was a member on jeep unlimited and didnt care for it because of other forum members jumps in with useless info. this forum by far is the best one.

Reactions: JAY

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
I think it is much better to have a model specific forum. the others get WAY too muddy with insults and attitudes. I got it when I bought my JK. It's not a "real" Jeep, etc. I then bought a TJ after the JK to have as more of a dedicated trail rig. To me? They were both "real" Jeeps, and my JL is basically the same, but much nicer so what does that all mean? Nothing! Get whatever Jeep you want and can afford
As far as JL (or even multi model) Jeep forums, this one seems to be one of the best out there. Tons of useful info, and not nearly as "snooty" as some of the other ones. By that I mean they seem to have an attitude like the mods or additions that they make to their Jeeps are the only good ones and everything else is garbage. I like that this forum has a much more laid back "to each his own" feel to it.
Just my opinion.

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
I appreciate that I can go through the WHAT DID YOU DO TO thread - look at all the photos, and basically know all those options and mods are a possibility to my JL...

Most of us on the same platform for the most part helps my wallet drain faster :CWL:
Sponsored