Sponsored

Why no JL manual? Only in radio? Hmm..

Devsfan3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I just picked my Jeep up - I do not have an owner's manual included. I contacted Jeep via the chat service, and they'll UPS one for free. Should be here in a week or so.
Sponsored

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
I just picked my Jeep up - I do not have an owner's manual included. I contacted Jeep via the chat service, and they'll UPS one for free. Should be here in a week or so.
My dealer just told me they are sending me one.

tyresmoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel; '19 JLU Sahara-sting gray; 2017 Grand Cherokee SRT (sold);
My '11 WK2 Summit only came with a DVD manual. My '17 SRT came with a full set of paper manuals...and a helmet!

OP
OP
Dynomite1371

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
The official ones are up on FCA’s site, not just leaked.

But for a physical one you can request from FCA. The Owner’s manual is physical, the User Guide has been an included DVD for years.

Not surprised they stopped offering, but would’ve been nice to replace with a small (preferably laminated) 12 pg quick reference or something for those unfmailiar with 4Lo, swapping tops, removing doors, etc where a hard copy is handy.

You can request hard copies from their support site where the on-line versions are located. IIRC it used to be $29 or something like that for a printed verion, but you might be able to get the dealership to get it for free, or FCA support can likely be talked into it.

Direct links to the official Jeep online guides/resources are in this thread;
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...uick-reference-guide-appear-on-jeep-com.2196/

Link to the main support JL page;
https://www.mopar.com/jeep/en-us/care/owners-manual.html
Thanks!

OP
OP
Dynomite1371

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
What number did you call?

Sponsored

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
I just spent over 45 minutes trying to contact and deal with Jeep Chat. I requested a manual so I could program my garage opener and confirm the procedure for flat tow Was told they couldn't help me!. Had to go to Homelink for the opener and online for the tow recommendations. I could buy a hard copy from mopar.com. That's crap. For over 50K I should get a paper one for free that explains how to use the options I already paid for and I should be able to refer to it anywhere. Not a happy Camper.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I just spent over 45 minutes trying to contact and deal with Jeep Chat. I requested a manual so I could program my garage opener and confirm the procedure for flat tow Was told they couldn't help me!. Had to go to Homelink for the opener and online for the tow recommendations. I could buy a hard copy from mopar.com. That's crap. For over 50K I should get a paper one for free that explains how to use the options I already paid for and I should be able to refer to it anywhere. Not a happy Camper.
Try a different operator. The most trouble I have heard out of getting the manual is that MANY have been sent a 2018 JK manual by mistake and had to get another one sent.

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
That’s crazy, try someone else or call your salesmen and tell him how pissed you are and have him get you one. My salesmen got me mine.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dynomite1371

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
The manual is in the UConnect menu, that's what I used to program garage opener (before I got my printed manual). I just wanted it because... reasons! And, more reasons!

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Try a different operator. The most trouble I have heard out of getting the manual is that MANY have been sent a 2018 JK manual by mistake and had to get another one sent.
Yep, that is me.

But was it a mistake? LOL
Sponsored