Sponsored

New JL, was this item free?

Lightsped

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys, 2017 Tacoma Off Road, Honda S2000.
Occupation
Technology Research
Took delivery of new JL (factory ordered) couple days ago. Noticed the JL has a receiver hitch, but no aux switches. Did not order a receiver hitch or aux switches. Was the receiver hitch a freebie from FCA? It isn't listed on the window sticker and wasn't ordered.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Lightsped

Is there also a working 7 pin connector along with that draw bar?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lightsped

Lightsped

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technology Research

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Lightsped

Lightsped

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technology Research
Only thing in that item list for the VIN is "Trailer Sway Damping". This is in the standard equipment section. Nothing in optional equipment section relating to towing, trailers, hitch, etc.... that I saw.

@Lightsped

Click on the URL below. Now edit the URL at the top of your browser. Place your VIN# where the zeros are. Now, hit enter.

Check out your Equipment List.

See what exactly the factory says was put on your JL.

https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=0000000000000000

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only thing in that item list for the VIN is "Trailer Sway Damping". This is in the standard equipment section. Nothing in optional equipment section relating to towing, trailers, hitch, etc.... that I saw.
@Lightsped

Well, chitt happens... guess it could have been installed at the factory and slipped by them...

Did you ask receiving stealership service department if they had possibly installed the draw bar in error lets say...

Regardless, good for you, you got a freebee.

Hopefully, the 7 pin connector is there and working, as that would be a real win lets say. Bigger win would be that the upgraded battery and alternator, etc. were also installed..

Last edited:

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I wouldn't be too concerned. Service manager probably just needed to tow something really heavy this past weekend and didn't want to screw up the transmission on his truck.

Marlon_JB2

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR, 2014 Dodge Dart GT
Occupation
Jeep Builder
Ooooh somebody wasn't reading the track sheet.

Enjoy your free trailer hitch!

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
Previously I owned a 2010 Hemi Grand Cherokee WK that I bought new. After buying it, I learned that It had come with "free" QuadraDrive II, which included limited slip diffs front and rear- I think it was about a $700 option. Showed up on the build sheet but wasn't on the window sticker. As Bob Ross would've said, not a mistake, but a happy accident!

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Previously I owned a 2010 Hemi Grand Cherokee WK that I bought new. After buying it, I learned that It had come with "free" QuadraDrive II, which included limited slip diffs front and rear- I think it was about a $700 option. Showed up on the build sheet but wasn't on the window sticker. As Bob Ross would've said, not a mistake, but a happy accident!
That would be a nice freebie!

Sponsored

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
When I bought my 2018 JLUR off of the lot at a nearby dealer I noticed that it had a hardtop that wasn't listed on the window sticker. I waited until the deal was done and keys were in my hand until I asked why the hardtop was free on my Silver jeep but was an option on the black jeep that I was thinking of buying (playing dumb sometimes comes easy to me). The sales manager was confused so I showed him the window sticker and he said it must have been a mistake from the factory. He said congrats you got a free roof and then a few days later I received a corrected window sticker in the mail reflecting the correct configuration. Factory mistakes happen, we the consumer are typically on the wrong end of these mistakes but occasionally they work in our favor.

JLTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR MT
A customer before you might have asked to have one installed at the dealer and then cancelled the deposit. That’s what happened when I was dealing with one of the dealerships. They weren’t going to refund my full deposit because they said they already installed the hitch (without wiring) based on my request. But after a complaining in slightly higher decibel than normal speaking volume in front of other customers they gave me my money back. Ask them of it was installed on your at dealership. If so - they should include on your sales slip (without any extra charges because deal is done) so it’s covered under warranty.

Marlon_JB2

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR, 2014 Dodge Dart GT
Occupation
Jeep Builder
Misbuilds do happen. I've been building Jeeps for 11 years and I've seen quite a few of them.

Twojayhawks

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Occupation
business owner
I ordered my new JL & did not order tow package and there was no receiver when I took delivery. I added one right away. The real "gift" would be if they accidentally gave you the trailer wiring as well. Both a receiver and trailer wiring can be added after the fact. Adding the receiver is a 10 minute job the wiring is a much bigger job.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I ordered my new JL & did not order tow package and there was no receiver when I took delivery. I added one right away. The real "gift" would be if they accidentally gave you the trailer wiring as well. Both a receiver and trailer wiring can be added after the fact. Adding the receiver is a 10 minute job the wiring is a much bigger job.
I think the real gift would be the better alternator and aux switch and wiring preinstalled.
Sponsored