Status
Not open for further replies.

olmectech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
One of the best mods I've done. I'm really picky about sounds, and it sounds better than factory to me.
I was concerned it was going to be loud and even bought a ZZ Performance resonator just in case.
Will be putting that resonator up on EBay for sale. Don't want to ruin it!
Sponsored

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I’ve put a couple hundred miles on it now and to my surprise I really love it. It’s just a bit louder than stock but sounds great. I thought I was over the point in my life where I’d drop my mufflers but apparently I was wrong!

Brett

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
I assume that a muffler delete is not legal in all states?
I wouldn't worry about it. Most places will not even bother looking, or even know its not stock. It seems it meets sound requirements and has no effect on emissions so go for it. Mine is on back order.

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
Thanks, I was concerned about any droning. I read DynoMax announcement thread and it seems like reviews were mostly positive.

At the price, it might be worth trying, esp if it gets rid of the stock exhaust
I installed this muffler delete and no drone whatsoever. I also like the sound.

Sponsored

Original Scuba

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Ya know I’m not sure. It’s not removing any federally mandated emissions equipment. Just the muffler so if your state has a law against modifying the exhaust I guess that would be a problem but never heard of any

Brett
Hey Brett,

Just ordered mine the other day. Didn’t even think about the emissions test though. Since we’re both Texas boys, has your JL failed or passed the test? Or has it not been time yet?

Thanks!

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
It’s so funny how people can (in this case hear) differ on things. The tire and wind noise was enough. It’s hard enough to hear my Bluetooth, so I gave it away. The next guy didn’t want it either. Lol

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Brett,

Just ordered mine the other day. Didn’t even think about the emissions test though. Since we’re both Texas boys, has your JL failed or passed the test? Or has it not been time yet?

Thanks!
We are in grimes county and don’t have emmissions testing. That said, it doesn’t affect the emissions at all, just replaces the muffler. Where in Texas are you?

Brett

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Original Scuba

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
**UPDATE**

Pulled the trigger and bought it. Came almost 2 weeks early which was a nice surprise. Had it for a week and really liking it. Got a little rattle going on so may have go back under and check again but other than its great!

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Four wheel parts would not sell it to me in California. Ordered it online from summit no issue. It will pass the sniff test no problem. Not worried at all

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
**UPDATE**

Pulled the trigger and bought it. Came almost 2 weeks early which was a nice surprise. Had it for a week and really liking it. Got a little rattle going on so may have go back under and check again but other than its great!
Check this post I made, also that hanger prong may be hitting that under shield causing a rattle. Mine is rattle free and a great purchase IMO.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ler-elimination-pipe.19422/page-9#post-714169

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I just put mine on yesterday. Very easy removal and install. Started it up and it's a tiny bit louder when idling. In fact it's a tiny bit louder everywhere under normal driving. When you hit the gas it is quite a bit louder but no where near being obnoxious. Sounds kind of good, probably more of what a jeep should sound like.

I took it wheeling and for me that is a big test. I don't want to wheel in low range and hear a bunch of crap. It was in a canyon and reverb levels would magnify noise. Not a problem in the least. It was louder but a not much and very pleasant.

This morning I played mall crawler and fetched some bagels. I forgot about the mod until I hit the gas going up a hill. I like it.

For $99 bucks you lose about 26lb, gain a ton of ground clearance, probably a small power gain, and a sound that is more jeep and less kiddy hauler. lol

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
It’s so funny how people can (in this case hear) differ on things. The tire and wind noise was enough. It’s hard enough to hear my Bluetooth, so I gave it away. The next guy didn’t want it either. Lol
very true. Everyones different. For ME there is no bother with the sound in the lease...now I'm worried about the tire noise of the 37 inch Patagonia's I have coming this Friday.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.