Not open for further replies.

greenerobnmu

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Very unlikely the delete caused any changes. As for the downshifting you just notice it because you can hear it. I think it sounds great and have had nothing but compliments about it. I am running 35's and average 20 plus mpg in the summer. Very happy with the Dynomax delete pipe.
You are wrong. I drive the same roads everyday. I pay attention to the gear I’m in. Before I would cruise in 8th the entire highway portion to and from work. Now the only time it shifts to 8th is if I let off the gas. Then of course I start to slow and the downshifts again. Around town it’s fine. The issue is that on the highway it now struggles to maintain the hi gear and having to constantly be in a lower gear when cruising make the Jeep sound like sh!t
Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Very unlikely the delete caused any changes. As for the downshifting you just notice it because you can hear it. I think it sounds great and have had nothing but compliments about it. I am running 35's and average 20 plus mpg in the summer. Very happy with the Dynomax delete pipe.

Sounds like a great idea! Any pics, curious to see if I can make that work with the Rusty or Metalcloak skids

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
With the seats down and nothing in there it was borderline too loud. But when will this ever happen real world? I only did it to make room for all the take off parts while at the shop. Real world is seats up and tools and other crap in the back. Sounds great and I love the fact that I have better ground clearance and shed 20 some pounds. I have the old muffler for now but it's gone for good from the jeep.
FYI, in the real world of a 2 Door JLR owner we remove the rear seat because we buy a 2 door for 2 people. I call it the taxi delete... :) #emptynester life

Sierra

First Name
Sierra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
link.sierrar.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2015 BMW 328i F30
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
eCommerce Developer
Vehicle Showcase
aFe Power 49-48070-1 Axle-Back Exhaust System should sound the same as Dynomax?

Jeep Wrangler JL Dynomax muffler delete 1619595105197

Dynomax 39537 Exhaust Tail Pipe
Jeep Wrangler JL Dynomax muffler delete 1619595153938

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Anyone been in the rear bench of a 2 door with muffler delete? Shedding 26lbs of weight and removing that giant rock magnet is very appealing. But I am worried I am gonna cause hearing damage to my 8month old baby lol. I heard a 4 door JL with muffler delete and it was very tame, not too loud, just a better roar.

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Anyone been in the rear bench of a 2 door with muffler delete? Shedding 26lbs of weight and removing that giant rock magnet is very appealing. But I am worried I am gonna cause hearing damage to my 8month old baby lol. I heard a 4 door JL with muffler delete and it was very tame, not too loud, just a better roar.
Same experience with the 2 door. Very tame as far as the additional noise level.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.