Sponsored

Got the V41 recall work done

Juni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
Got the v41 done. Took it out in the highway and some local roads. It didn't wander, but the steering wheel itself still feels like it has an unusual amount of play. Ill drive it around a bit more before passing judgement on whether this fixed things or not.
The service manager immediately said yes its now a recall. Did not have to fight them to get it done.
Also had a leaking tire, they fixed for free so brownie points for that.

20190703_152153.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Juni

Juni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
Interesting, found it here.

111.JPG
That's the one. For some of us it started showing on mopar account as a safety recall rather than a customer satisfaction bulletin.

Seemed some people had difficulty convincing the dealer to do the work. Putting the word out in hopes people can get it done frustration free now. :)

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
That's the one. For some of us it started showing on mopar account as a safety recall rather than a customer satisfaction bulletin.

Seemed some people had difficulty convincing the dealer to do the work. Putting the word out in hopes people can get it done frustration free now. :)
Was hoping it would replace something other than the SS.. which isn't the root of the problem..
Guess this isn't the "big recall" everyone's been talking about as of late.

Sponsored

#4Jeep 1st Wrangler

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Purchased my Rubicon Unlimited on Thursday, when I logged into the Jeep website to register the VIN. Noticed I had any outstanding recall that was needed (V41). Called the dealer the next day and asked why they sold a vehicle with a recall that was needed? They apologized and I'm scheduled for the 16th to have it addressed. Haven't really noticed any issues (slight wandering on highway) but no vibrations. Time will tell if it feels different or not. Will update after the repairs.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. Wish the mopar site would work for me.

GeeBee

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0 GME
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Anyone managed to get a copy of the V41 recall document yet?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Interesting. Wish the mopar site would work for me.
Yeah it's amazing a big manufacture like FCA can't get a website right.... Mine worked but for the last few weeks now hangs at "Signing In" forever.....

Nobody to call to fix it either.....

GeeBee

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0 GME
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Yeah it's amazing a big manufacture like FCA can't get a website right.... Mine worked but for the last few weeks now hangs at "Signing In" forever.....

Nobody to call to fix it either.....
It hangs up for me if I'm using Chrome as my browser. Switch to good ol' fashioned Microsoft Explorer and it should work.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Juni

Juni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
I just checked with chat and was told my vin was not recalled for anything? i haven’t any issues with my ’19 JLR and was just checking. 3,800 and trouble free.
I'm pretty sure i've read some posts that FCA was telling 19 model year owners that they "don't have the steering issue" so they might not have recalled any 19s. Mine is an 18, build date 11/18. But theres some owners who had summer 2018 build dates who don't see it as a recall either.

I guess it'll be a big mystery until they fix their website and put up the document GeeBee has asked about. :(

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm pretty sure i've read some posts that FCA was telling 19 model year owners that they "don't have the steering issue" so they might not have recalled any 19s. Mine is an 18, build date 11/18. But theres some owners who had summer 2018 build dates who don't see it as a recall either.

I guess it'll be a big mystery until they fix their website and put up the document GeeBee has asked about. :(
V41 applies to certain 2018 and 2019 JLs.

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
My jeep has a June 2018 build date and shows no recalls on the Mopar website.

AZpueblo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, '22 JLUR 4xe
I think the damper may help, especially if you have the Falken M/Ts. The Falkens, even though the same size as the BFG KO2s, weigh 10 lbs per tire more than the BFGs. That's a 20% increase. My wife and I have identical 19 JLURs, only I have the Falkens and she has the KO2's They were built together last week of April just a few days apart and I've verified they have the same front end parts, but her steering is feels tighter. Mine, with the Falkens, has a larger "center dead spot" than hers and I don't like it. I may go for the Falcon 2.2 damper and I think that'll fix it up.
Sponsored