Sponsored

Rock Slide Engineering slider steps

First Name
Bradford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Jl Rubicon
Okay, I drive myself crazy with these things.... ugh - but I just looked at Quadrtec - they have the slides with the rocker guards as a single unit listed, but not in stock and no ETA... RSE doesn't have them even on their site!!! I'd MUCH rather just order these, can someone at RSE give me an idea on the availability of these???

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rock-sl...ps-sliders-body-armor-jeep-wrangler-jl-4-door
Sponsored

OP
OP
BobK

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
4 - 6 weeks.

First Name
Bradford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Jl Rubicon
Never mind - I called... lol old fashioned phones... anyways, they're two pieces, which is fine. I just ordered both, and they said 3 weeks.

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX 2015, Ford F150, Honda Odyssey,
I did the install. Took me a while. Probably 5-6 hours. But I was cautious about the body bolts thing (diligently used a heat gun) and wanted to have a very clean install. I also installed LED strips I found on Amazon that are a "warm" white color (just my preference) and that took a bit longer. That said they were much cheaper than Rock Slide light option and work the same. Quality of step is very high. I hope these last years and years. Very happy with the install. And am very appreciative they included that "button" mount that allows you to place the button next to the OBD port. I would have not enjoyed drilling into the plastics to place that guy. Also, they play nice with the splash guards in case anyone is curious.

Jeep 1.jpg

Jeep 2.jpg

Jeep 3.jpg

Jeep 4.jpg

Jeep 5-1.jpg

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
I did the install. Took me a while. Probably 5-6 hours. But I was cautious about the body bolts thing (diligently used a heat gun) and wanted to have a very clean install. I also installed LED strips I found on Amazon that are a "warm" white color (just my preference) and that took a bit longer. That said they were much cheaper than Rock Slide light option and work the same. Quality of step is very high. I hope these last years and years. Very happy with the install. And am very appreciative they included that "button" mount that allows you to place the button next to the OBD port. I would have not enjoyed drilling into the plastics to place that guy. Also, they play nice with the splash guards in case anyone is curious.

Jeep 1.jpg

Jeep 2.jpg

Jeep 3.jpg

Jeep 4.jpg

Jeep 5-1.jpg
I have a few questions for you because I am contemplating getting these.
Are you running stock tires? If so I assume the step is about 7 inches from the ground?
Second- do the amazon lights you purchased just plug in with a Like connector or did you have to splice?
I hear they are whiny noisy. Is it loud?

Sponsored

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you running stock tires? If so I assume the step is about 7 inches from the ground?
Second- do the amazon lights you purchased just plug in with a Like connector or did you have to splice?
I am using 34x10.5 BFG K02's. They are 1.5" larger than the stock set up, which result in a 3/4" rise because half that increase is below the axle and half is above it. So the step is not significantly higher than it would be on a stock tire.

The Amazon lights make absolutely no sound. Even if you don't order the light option, the wiring harness still comes with designated wires for lights (they just don't send you the LED strips). All you have to do is splice them together which is easy with the following supplies.

Rock Slide actually sent me the lighting kit despite the fact that I didn't order it (or pay for it) and it is virtually identical (except the strips are just 18" long) as what I used from Amazon. My cost was under $25.

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It just occurred to me that you may have been asking if the steps themselves are noisy when they operate. Short answer is no. They do make a nice little "thunk" sound when they close but they are not whiny in any way. You get used to it in about a day. I should also mention I was at first concerned that my 8, 6 and 4-year-old kids would get whacked in the shin when they pulled the door open (because they stand much closer to the vehicle when they reach up for the door handle) but it has not been an issue at all. The steps really drop down more than they drop outward and I haven't had to warn them or anything about it.

kjone013

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 JLUR MOJITO! (3.6, auto, loaded)
Occupation
Army
I ordered a set of these 1 1/2 weeks ago from river city Offroad. They aren't listed on his website but any time I called Marcus about a product, he has always been about to get it or give me a POC that would also give a discount. Anyways, mine are due to arrive Friday. as long as the the temp doesn't stay in these negative temps and gets to 50 like they say then I plan on installing this weekend. I'll post pics also if I get it done.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
It just occurred to me that you may have been asking if the steps themselves are noisy when they operate. Short answer is no. They do make a nice little "thunk" sound when they close but they are not whiny in any way. You get used to it in about a day. I should also mention I was at first concerned that my 8, 6 and 4-year-old kids would get whacked in the shin when they pulled the door open (because they stand much closer to the vehicle when they reach up for the door handle) but it has not been an issue at all. The steps really drop down more than they drop outward and I haven't had to warn them or anything about it.
Yes that’s what I was wondering. I heard they make a whirring sound.

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
Just got mine installed a few weeks ago. Love them!

6BF4518F-8487-45CD-878D-E26A06B34C54.jpeg

A23C00DF-92C8-47CC-8799-7271A3228F76.jpeg

BC2FAE41-2976-419F-9BEF-F1AAC3DD12EB.jpeg

35A6D496-6257-45D3-AD63-E8859E940EBF.jpeg
Looks great! That’s what I’m going to go with I believe. Can you trim them like you can the amp steps ? Also do they just come straight out instead of rolling like the amp steps do? Thanks.

Sponsored

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
Does anyone know if these can be trimmed for bigger tires if needed ?

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
Does anyone know if these can be trimmed for bigger tires if needed ?
I have 37" tires with RSE steps, no trimming was needed. They are placed between the plastic fenders, so I don't see where any trimming would be needed.

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
I have 37" tires with RSE steps, no trimming was needed. They are placed between the plastic fenders, so I don't see where any trimming would be needed.
I have a good bit bigger tire I think in the front I will be fine but I’m betting the ends on the back will probably need trimmed to keep
My tire from rubbing. Thanks for the reply.

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
I have a good bit bigger tire I think in the front I will be fine but I’m betting the ends on the back will probably need trimmed to keep
My tire from rubbing. Thanks for the reply.
I see what you are saying now, in case it helps you to picture them on your vehicle, here is a link to a short video of them in action, between my 37" tires. I know others have removed the rear inner fender and trimmed about three inches of the pinch seem on both sides of the rear tires to allow for more room.
Sponsored