Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
All wired up and working like a charm. Pics to follow.
Sponsored

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I really like mine. I had the Amp Steps on my JK and they are nice, but can be damaged by a shopping cart almost.

These will fit with me perfectly.

I wired them to Aux 3 so I can turn them off when doing stupid stuff.

__nwgpJYEMC5uJvjc1FGSolTsLppqDfDGkxoULdGuFz8ozWlSWHpf2kuui5qcwAIxzrdJ7qAzaH2cbPRAo=w1677-h943-no.jpg

NrchlxVWl7qoQdY5C2KYtD1zohtS8TTNWhR3eZ33Xm4yQcppuZ0oliI2et6UiT_37X0uj1hMfZvA-GQcMs=w1677-h943-no.jpg

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
I ordered mine Direct. Took about 5 weeks which they gave me a heads up on and they showed up last week. I am about 3-4 days or potentially more from my jeep being delivered as the hurricane likely affected it due to my location. Was planning on doing these to my JK but I hate nutserts so when these were released for the JLU as bolt-ons, I was quite excited. Construction is solid and they have made some great aesthetic changes from the JK model. Flush with no exposed bolts, optional armor, the mounting is wayyyy easier, and the lines with the factory fenders are top notch. Can't wait to get my Jeep so I can actually take these out of the box lol.

OP
OP
BobK

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I had the AMP PowerSteps on my JKUR, the only thing I liked better about them was no sensors or magnets on the doors, other than that, these ones from RSE blow those away.

Bob

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
All wired up and working like a charm. Pics to follow.
What path did you take for the wiring? Through the floor drain hole or somewhere else?

Sponsored

OP
OP
BobK

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
For the battery connection, there is a plug on the drivers side near the top of the footwell on the far left hand side. It's easier to see in the engine compartment on the far right side (as you are looking at the vehicle). I saw it in the footwell and pushed it out and it fell on the garage floor. I drilled a hole in it large enough to insert the two plugs that you need for power in the passenger compartment (red and black).

As for the wiring to the steps themselves, there are two plugs (on is larger than the other, but they are both smaller than a typical drain plug. At first I couldn't figure them out from under the carpet because they are glued in and painted over, but from underneath I could see that they were the plugs I needed to use as they are adjacent to the wires on the steps. The plug on the drivers side is a bit larger and the two wires (steps and lights) passed right through. On the passenger side, the hole is too small to fit the plugs. I had to use a file to open the hole up a bit to get them through. Once they are through the rest is a pieces of cake, except that it takes a while to get it all wires under the carpet neat and clean. I zip tied the control box to the underside of the passenger side rear seat.

Incidentally, when I installed the steps themselves, two of the pinch seam hole were slightly misaligned (one on each side) . I had to drill them out a shade to get the step to fully insert into all the pinch seam holes.

htsai14752

First Name
HTSAI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Anyone getting discounts on these sliders? What's the weight capacity on the steps? Detailed install pictures would be nice.

Lar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Anyone getting discounts on these sliders? What's the weight capacity on the steps? Detailed install pictures would be nice.
I paid about $1800. plus the light kit which can be done cheaper if your handy with that sort of thing. I also just heard there has been a price increase in the last month .Only thing I have seen in the way of discounts is some folks are getting the LED lights thrown in.
Not to say it isn't possible but i was tired of waiting and shopping for side steps/ rails. I bit the bullet and bought them on several recommendations from installers and users.

According to the web site the weight rating for the steps is over 600lbs.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
As mentioned above 600lbs. I have some detailed info and pics in my build thread I think last page. I have had them now for a couple of weeks and can say they are awesome. Got used to them surprising me and now I love them. They will be real awesome when I slap on 35's and a lift.

OP
OP
BobK

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have both 37's and a lift and they are a necessity for a guy of 5'7", even my six foot son complained about having to jump in. The steps are wonderful and look like they were designed by the factory engineers.

I think it is highly unlikely that you will find them discounted, given the 4-6 week back order. Even larger stores can't get them to just "have in stock". Supply and demand at work again.

Sponsored

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
As I remember, I got mine from NorthRidge and they gave me a military discount of 5% off and free shipping.

Khsonic03

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I bought mine through quadratec with a forum discount and free shipping. That was a while ago though.

Also, to follow up on my last post, I received the replacement step yesterday. I installed it and it sounds normal now; much quieter than the last one.

For anyone who doesn't like badges and logos, the rockslide ones are easy to remove. Just drill out the rivets. You can either plug the holes or paint the badges black to blend in.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
For anyone who doesn't like badges and logos, the rockslide ones are easy to remove. Just drill out the rivets. You can either plug the holes or paint the badges black to blend in.
I taped my off and plastidipped them. Looks more subtle.

htsai14752

First Name
HTSAI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
thanks for all the comments guys. Getting free shipping is already a huge plus!

StevieBuns

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n Rubicon Unlimited
I didn’t install these steps yet, was planning to this weekend. I’m trying to sell my stock rock rails and have this question - do the power steps utilize the existing hardware at all?

As in, if I sell the rock rails that came on the jeeep, am I able to give the purchaser all the hardware?

Steve
Sponsored