JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
No they don’t.

I’ve had a CJ, YJ, TJ, JK and a JKU. Never seen the lean, only heard of it. No my first time in a Jeep. Imagine that.
You haven't seen it, because YOU'VE NEVER LOOKED AT THE JEEPS BACK WITH HIS ATTITUDE

I've been in jeep forums since 1999--all jeeps lean--

Whatever

JIMBO
Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My main concern isn’t the lean... i am wondering if what I am seeing/measuring is what is causing the wandering to the right.
Always burn an inch when you measure as well - if you have been in the Jeep game this long this shouldnt be anything new. Most likely if you are pulling hard to the right it is air pressure or toe angle unless you have installed adjustable aftermarket components.

OP
OP
SixteenPaws

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Always burn an inch when you measure as well - if you have been in the Jeep game this long this shouldnt be anything new. Most likely if you are pulling hard to the right it is air pressure or toe angle unless you have installed adjustable aftermarket components.
The toe angle is good just got it worked out from initial issue at delivery and air pressure is fine all the way around. Nothing after market yet.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I was driving behind a JLU last week and noticed it leaning lower on the passenger side. No passengers in the Jeep, only the driver.

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
JLU Sport and mine leans between 2/3 to 1.5 inches depending on ground slope, gas level and cargo.

With a half tank, no cargo/passengers, it will lean at least 2/3 inch towards passenger side on level ground.

Springs are set correctly and the stock sway bars vs. Anti-rock bars have no effect.

I've just chalked it up to the old "it's a jeep thing" effect. Tough, my TJ never had the same issues...

Last edited:

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Mine leans for sure to the passenger side. It’s funny you mention this because the first week I had it I measured what you measured in my driveway. I noticed because my other vehicles in the driveway were level compared to the Jeep. It’s very noticeable actually. I personally just let it go because I have no issues with steering. Maybe you’re on to something.. I was just going to mention it at my first service..

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Mine leans for sure to the passenger side. It’s funny you mention this because the first week I had it I measured what you measured in my driveway. I noticed because my other vehicles in the driveway were level compared to the Jeep. It’s very noticeable actually. I personally just let it go because I have no issues with steering. Maybe you’re on to something.. I was just going to mention it at my first service..
I've yet to mention it to a dealership. I may at next service, but let us know if they say/do anything for you.

I've had mixed results at my dealer including them torquing the Anti-Rock 20ft/lb retainer bolts, after telling them not to touch it, to the point where the bolts sheared off inside the bar! :(

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I've yet to mention it to a dealership. I may at next service, but let us know if they say/do anything for you.

I've had mixed results at my dealer including them torquing the Anti-Rock 20ft/lb retainer bolts, after telling them not to touch it, to the point where the bolts sheared off inside the bar! :(
Sorry to hear that man.

I def will albeit I am not exactly sure when my first service will be as I am only @ 1500 miles on the ODO

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
The gas tank is on the passenger side. Would a full tank combined with no driver in the driver's seat cause a 1/4" lean possibly?
Yes. Look at any JK or JL after a full tank when leaving a gas station. It’s normal but for the OCD it’ll drive them crazy. Makes them kinda look like your avatar.

Last edited:

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
I’ve had my Rubicon for a little over two months now and today I noticed a lean to the passenger side of the Jeep. I measured and from the ground the to fender the driver’s side is about 1/4” higher than the passenger side.

I have heard of the JK lean, but had two and never experienced it. Anyone else having this problem?

Side note: I love the Jeep, but the number of tiny issues has been exhausting.
- Paint issues on the hard top, new one ordered 6weeks ago and hasn’t come in and has no ETA.
- Issue with rear wiper motor squealing
- Dripping rear wiper fluid
- Alignment was way off on arrival. Was fixed by dealer but still is a little off (wanders right) and I haven’t had time to deal with it.
- Now this???

But is anyone else noticing a lean? Everything on the Rubi is stock.

:(
It’s normal.

Sponsored

PowerGuy

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS StingGray
My FJ and Taco had the dreaded drivers side lean which used to bother me but I learned if I cock my head a little the lean disappears.

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I've just chalked it up to the old "it's a jeep thing" effect. Tough, my TJ never had the same issues...
Odd because almost every TJ I have ever seen (including mine) that has been modified has had the lean and many stock have as well.

dannko

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Unlimited
I’ve had my Rubicon for a little over two months now and today I noticed a lean to the passenger side of the Jeep. I measured and from the ground the to fender the driver’s side is about 1/4” higher than the passenger side.

I have heard of the JK lean, but had two and never experienced it. Anyone else having this problem?

Side note: I love the Jeep, but the number of tiny issues has been exhausting.
- Paint issues on the hard top, new one ordered 6weeks ago and hasn’t come in and has no ETA.
- Issue with rear wiper motor squealing
- Dripping rear wiper fluid
- Alignment was way off on arrival. Was fixed by dealer but still is a little off (wanders right) and I haven’t had time to deal with it.
- Now this???

But is anyone else noticing a lean? Everything on the Rubi is stock.

:(
Yes, 3/8 to the passenger side. Doesn't matter what level the fuel is. Unacceptable because it feels like you are falling to the right and looks like shit from behind.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I did the same thing when I got my JLR. I measured and mine too leans about 1/2 to the passenger side. I just figured it’s my JLR’s swag.
Sponsored