Lean? Driver side higher than passenger

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
It helps you get airborne faster when taking a curve too fast. No pilot license required.
Sponsored

Biohazard

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (sold May 2020); now own 2020 trd pro Tacoma
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Gas tank. Empty gas tank, my JL on a 2.5 inch icon stage 8 is level, add a full tank of gas and it's a little lower on the passenger rear.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Gas tank. Empty gas tank, my JL on a 2.5 inch icon stage 8 is level, add a full tank of gas and it's a little lower on the passenger rear.
When I measured mine, gas tank was near empty both times, sitting in exactly the same spot on level concrete and passenger side is lower in the front by almost 3/4 inch and near 1/2 inch in rear...pretty sure it due to the RK perches (same part for L & R) but will know for sure when I install the Mopar perches. (L & R are mirror image)

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got around to removing the RK front spring perches and installing the newer Mopar ones that came with the kit...It helped, I am now just under a 1/2 inch lower on the passenger front (was just a shade over 3/4") and about 1/4 inch lower (was 1/2") on the passenger rear. Still not satisfied as she was dead level side to side before the lift, next step will be to replace the front springs-starting with the right front spring...Third times the charm, right?

Note: All measurements were taken with the gas tank near empty, same spot on level garage floor, air pressure the same in all tires, less than 50 miles driven from first measurement to last and the install done slowly, correctly with all parts double checked for correct location.

CJtoJTR

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, ā€˜20 JLUR
From the factory my JLUR has the lean. I took it to the dealer and was told the lean is in factory specs and that up to a 1ā€ lean was acceptable.

Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Perhaps Iā€™m just a dumb knuckle-dragger. Iā€™m a country guy. I donā€™t have a driveway or a garage. Iā€™m off-road when I pull through my gate and when I park by the house. Even so, in a parking lot, I donā€™t think I would even notice a half inch difference, and if I did, I would just assume that Iā€™m parked on a slight grade. It wouldnā€™t even occur to me to get out the four foot level and measuring tape to deduce a half inch difference. ;)

Iā€™m getting a 3ā€ lift next week. Thanks to yā€™all, I will be crawling under to look for the red and blue parts, and I will have my level and tape measure.

Not sure how I feel about this...

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Picked up new front springs today for my Mopar lift kit and planned to install this weekend to see if this will correct the passenger side lean...I did not measure the front springs before I installed the first time but just measured these and to my surprise the DRIVER side spring is taller than the passenger side! This goes against everything I have read or been told, I still have my original front springs and am going to take a close look at them to see which side is taller.

The part number for the Mopar lift kit is 77072396AD (2-door) while right front spring is 6841-4071AA and left front spring is 6841-4069AA. I included a picture of the the new springs, taller one on left has the left part number...

So, the possibilities are:
1, Everything is labeled correctly, instructions are correct and taller spring goes on left-possible but not likely.
2, Springs are mislabeled-again, possible but not likely.
3, Comic book instructions have LF & RF spring part numbers switched-most likely of these three scenarios.
Anyone care to chime in?

IMG_1201.jpg

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed the replacement Mopar front springs, putting what the Mopar instructions call the left front in the right front (this was the longer front spring) and of course what the instructions call the right front in the left front...SUCCESS AT LAST! The Mopar instructions, at least for the 2-door and at least for the front springs are wrong! As others have said, the longer springs go to the passenger side-I pulled my original Rubi springs, verified left and right and both front and rear OEM springs are about 1/2 inch taller on the passenger side.

BLA (Before Lift Adventure) my stock Rubi 2-door on 35" KO2's was dead level side to side...

This morning I had planned to install the replacement Mopar rear springs, fully expecting my Rubi to be back to level or damm close after the success I had with the front...However, after inspecting and measuring the replacement Mopar rear springs and comparing them to the OEM, I am going to do a bit more research-the new Mopar rear springs (even though they have different part numbers and these numbers match what are called for) are the same length (well less than 1/8 inch difference) while the passenger side OEM rear is just a hair over 1/2 inch taller! I am not only going to try and determine if the springs were labeled wrong, I am going to have a 1/2 inch Teraflex rear spring spacer on hand, just in case, before I take apart the rear end again...Below are pictures of the newest Mopar rear springs next to the OEM rear springs for comparison.

IMG_1274.jpg

Siskababa

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon 4D
Jeep Wrangler JL Lean? Driver side higher than passenger 20220929_103953

I did the Mopar 2.5 lift as well. Blue spring tags on the passenger and red on the driver's side. This pic is with a 1/4 tank of fuel...3/4" lower on passenger side and makes me cookoo.
What's the suggested fix...RK coil spacer on passenger side?
Sponsored