plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
So today I was chatting with my neighbor who has a JK. When sitting in his driver seat, I found myself sit much higher than the passenger seat, almost feels a "slope". He told me it is called "JK lean", so apparently most JKs have a lean to the passenger (right/starboard) side.

Out of curiosity, we measured both of our JK and JL using rear view mirror and roof line, here are the result:

His JK: driver seat almost 1 1/2 inch higher than passenger side.
My JL: driver seat about 1/2 inch higher than passenger side.

Is it an intentional design to have driver side higher than passenger side?
Sponsored

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
So today I was chatting with my neighbor who has a JK. When sitting in his driver seat, I found myself sit much higher than the passenger seat, almost feels a "slope". He told me it is called "JK lean", so apparently most JKs have a lean to the passenger (right/starboard) side.

Out of curiosity, we measured both of our JK and JL using rear view mirror and roof line, here are the result:

His JK: driver seat almost 1 1/2 inch higher than passenger side.
My JL: driver seat about 1/2 inch higher than passenger side.

Is it an intentional design to have driver side higher than passenger side?
I found my JLR sits about a half an inch higher on the driver side as well. I also find that I have a reverse rake on my Jeep. It appears to sit higher in the front than in the rear. We all know how much the JK sat higher in the back than front. I have the complete opposite. Any one else with a JLR have a similar issue?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Some say it’s because the gas tank is on that side , I suppose at approximately 8 lbs to a gallon it could at least be part of the reason.

Sponsored

practicaltact

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S Mojito 2 Door
Did you guys check the level of the pavement the jeeps you are measuring are sitting on top of? Without a perfectly flat and level surface all bets are off for getting accurate measurements. Though I guess a good test would be to rotate the jeeps 180 degrees on the surface your using to do measurements and see if the results are reversed.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
This has been covered in another thread but to answer your question yes the JL has the ‘lean’ and yes, the ground is level when checked. 90% of the people I talk to that has a JL/JLU has the ‘lean’.

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe that's why they went two steps higher on front springs left to right? Takeoff Rubi springs I put on where 60/62 left vs. right. original Sahara were only 1 step. Just a thought.
Sponsored