Sponsored

Stock JLUR passenger side lower than drivers side, rear is equal

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
When I measure the front passenger side wheel well from the ground on a flat concrete pad on my 100% stock JLUR, it is 1/2 inch lower than the front drivers side. The tires have the exact same PSI, no one and no cargo on board. The two rear wells are the exact same height to each other so I don’t think this is the “Wrangler lean”.

Can someone with a stock JLUR measure and check to see if there is a similar difference? The gas was closer to empty than full and because the rear wells are the same height I wouldn’t think that gas weight would explain it.

I’m checking this because two different people said they felt it was leaning and I’m troubleshooting a driving characteristic that could be caused by aerodynamics. I might have a bad shock or something.
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Yep lots of threads on this :like:... Tho I could be wrong since you don't think it's the Wrangler Lean :involve:

OP
OP
californiajeeping

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Yep lots of threads on this :like:... Tho I could be wrong since you don't think it's the Wrangler Lean :involve:
The other threads that I found were lifted Jeeps and weren’t stock. Are there any threads on stock Jeeps? The Jeep lean has the front and rear side as lower based on the few posts that I read. Mine is just the front passenger side. Hopefully I can find someone with a stock JLUR to measure so I can confirm.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
The other threads that I found were lifted Jeeps and weren’t stock. Are there any threads on stock Jeeps? The Jeep lean has the front and rear side as lower based on the few posts that I read. Mine is just the front passenger side. Hopefully I can find someone with a stock JLUR to measure so I can confirm.
I was thinking, the springs give you the lift, so would you want someone to measure their stock passenger front spring? I'm just taking a guess here :like:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Agree with Texgoat. I wouldn't be concerned.

Sponsored

STRUBI

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon Unlimited
The passenger springs are slightly longer than the driver side.

STRUBI

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From what I have read it has to do with the fuel tank being on passenger side.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
There is no way this can be truly level, what if you sit in the driver seat, assuming you are an adult male, so probably instant add 150~200 lbs of mass to the driver side.

It is just easier to see this on Jeep than other car because it is high off the ground. I am sure your wife's sedan or whatever also has lean but you just wouldn't see it without measuring.

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.
My 2019 did the same stock, and also after the Rock Krawler lift, I can't see it unless there is a tape measure in the front.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The passenger springs are slightly longer than the driver side.
There's another thread asking why two Mopar front springs he got for his Jeep have the same part number. And the catalog shows left and right for the same number.
Front Coil Spring, Left - Mopar (68253668AD)
Genuine Front Coil Spring, Left

• SKU:68253668AD
  • Positions:Right, Front

Sponsored

STRUBI

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's another thread asking why two Mopar front springs he got for his Jeep have the same part number. And the catalog shows left and right for the same number.
Genuine Front Coil Spring,
Genuine Front Coil Spring, Left

• SKU:68253668AD
  • Positions:Right, Front
Not sure on that one. But I can tell you first had the springs are not the same left to right on our jlur. . We just did the lift last week. If you look into the different lifts out, they handle this quote lean different. My lift is the Icon lift and they a long with AEV and maybe some others give you the same length left and right. But give you a small shim for the right side. so its up to how you wanted it set. Rancho suspension is one that gives you specific springs left and right. the right side being slightly longer. Other kits give the same length left and right.

ejewels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW - Black
Not sure on that one. But I can tell you first had the springs are not the same left to right on our jlur. . We just did the lift last week. If you look into the different lifts out, they handle this quote lean different. My lift is the Icon lift and they a long with AEV and maybe some others give you the same length left and right. But give you a small shim for the right side. so its up to how you wanted it set. Rancho suspension is one that gives you specific springs left and right. the right side being slightly longer. Other kits give the same length left and right.
OP where did you ever get with this? (On your stock jeep, before lifting) Is it normal ok? My willys seems to sit a tad lower on passenger right as well but from everything I read on here it’s somewhat normal.
Sponsored