Kaliks&Bones

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I talked to Hauk Offroad and you can run 37s with their fenders if you want to go that route instead of a lift. Probably ends up being similar expense but it's an option.

I too am curious about the MPG with 37s vs 35s. I'm looking to stay around 17MPG and I'm guessing guys running 37s are seeing sub 15 but haven't heard any real world numbers.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I bought a '07 JKU when they first came out, and did a 4" lift and 37s. I regretted it. Pain to drive on the highway, ate gas like crazy, I had to turn off overdrive everytime I started it, etc. I regretted doing it and wished I had just left it stock and threw on some black wheels and off road 32s or 33s.

However, this was ealry on, horrible 3.8, etc. I'm sure the lift kit and component options have gotten better, and the 3.6 especially with the 8 speed transmission is much better than what I had to work with back then. However, if I buy I JLU I am hoping to buy a Rubicon and leave stock.

Just my experience.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
No-Ragrets.jpg

We love the 37s on the Northridge JL, they look great, it drives great and the 8 speed auto handles 37s like a champ.

Sponsored

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed on all accounts. The JL Rubi's were made for 37's and 2.5-3" lift. Perfect match.
What about 37's with the Mopar 2 inch lift kit?

Sarge

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Retired police officer
Vehicle Showcase
What about 37's with the Mopar 2 inch lift kit?
Check out "JL Journal: Does a 2.5" lift with 37" tires on a Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon" on YouTube. I found it really informative.

I went with the 2" Mopar lift and .75" Rough Country spring spacers on the front. 37x12.5x17 BF Goodrich KM2 tires on 17" Warlord wheels. My JLUR is scheduled for ship date of 6/16, so i'll find out if it all works out soon hopefully.

JeepJets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
I went with the 2.5" Readylift so all the stock suspension is still in play. Running the rubber down on my JLUR 33s before splurging for 35s. The 33s look small in the wheel well to be honest after I put the lift on but don't regret doing the lift first as I already have benefited on the clearance when it came to some challenging portions of the trails. Without the 2.5" lift I was kicking the crap out of my skid plates. I get it thats what they are there for but it always concerned it may have been the drive shaft or something.

Maybe in a year will splurg for the 35s. On the MPGs I'm averaging 15.5 with the 2.5" lift. Suspecting with the bigger tires it only will be worse. But then again do we own a Rubicon for the MPGs?

Sponsored

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Check out "JL Journal: Does a 2.5" lift with 37" tires on a Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon" on YouTube. I found it really informative.

I went with the 2" Mopar lift and .75" Rough Country spring spacers on the front. 37x12.5x17 BF Goodrich KM2 tires on 17" Warlord wheels. My JLUR is scheduled for ship date of 6/16, so i'll find out if it all works out soon hopefully.
Thanks, I'm headed to YouTube right now.

I went with the 2.5" Readylift so all the stock suspension is still in play. Running the rubber down on my JLUR 33s before splurging for 35s. The 33s look small in the wheel well to be honest after I put the lift on but don't regret doing the lift first as I already have benefited on the clearance when it came to some challenging portions of the trails. Without the 2.5" lift I was kicking the crap out of my skid plates. I get it thats what they are there for but it always concerned it may have been the drive shaft or something.

Maybe in a year will splurg for the 35s. On the MPGs I'm averaging 15.5 with the 2.5" lift. Suspecting with the bigger tires it only will be worse. But then again do we own a Rubicon for the MPGs?
I'm about 49.999% convinced to go 37's. I can live with the MPG's, just concerned about the 2 inch lift being adequate and any future effect on gearing.

Never3nuff

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR , '18 Jaguar F-Pace S
Occupation
retired
Does anyone here have the mopar lift with 35’s and park in the garage at home? I’m thinking it’ll fit but was wondering if anyone knows for sure.
I have the Mopar lift and 37’s and I fit in the garage with room to spare.

Mathusala

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
I have Mopar lift and 37s no regrets, I had 35s on my prior jk and always wished I had went with 37s. The mopar lift and 37s work great haven't had any issues at.
Sponsored