Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
Can we make this a sticky about rock sliders already?
Sponsored

Footbull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited White Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
Ordered ace rock sliders and have a stupid question for anyone who also ordered them. Are we supposed to use the bolts that are already on the Jeep or get bolts? Nothing came with the actual sliders. Thanks

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered ace rock sliders and have a stupid question for anyone who also ordered them. Are we supposed to use the bolts that are already on the Jeep or get bolts? Nothing came with the actual sliders. Thanks
Same bolts. Nothing new

Sponsored

OP
OP
ResponsibleAdult

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
Thanks for the interest and support! We'll have more pictures up on our site after we're back from EJS.

I probably shouldn't be the one to answer this, but this question usually breaks down into three components:

1. How well do our products hold up:

Our JL Side Armor Steps are constructed from mixed 1/4″ and 3/16″ high strength steel and are seam welded along the step plates. All ROAM front and rear bumper structures and exterior components are powdercoated (2 stage textured poly) for surface durability; will exceed OE specifications for resistance to the elements. We test everything on our own development and demo vehicles so what you're receiving will be perfect. So obviously not a lot of people have these right now so I guess you're going to have to wait and find out from other people reviewing these

Promo pricing. We'll probably offer a group buy promo sometime after we've got more content up on our site so stay tuned for more info coming up. Thanks!
Do these steps require the removal of the rock rail on JL rubicon?

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I went with LoD since they bolt to the frame. I actually use them in rocks and they performed great on my JKR. The Ace ones look like they are OK for most applications, but I feel better about having the frame as the main support, especially for a 4 door.

Jeep4Life

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I ordered my Ace Rock Sliders in February and just received them. I immediately took them to be bedlined. Just got them back yesterday and they look fantastic! Now I just need to get them put on!!! I’m so excited!! I will post before and after pics when we get them on! :muscle:

Sponsored

HRDRCK

First Name
Tashsa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 rubicon hard rock
Occupation
Dental professional
Ace rock sliders

E945484F-C448-4819-9B9F-73EA86AA375F.jpeg

23CF93B7-5E5F-49BD-B70B-F749415AF565.jpeg
Have you been finding any rock chips? I want to get a style like this, but I’ve noticed none seem to go up under the fender flares like my hard rock OEM sliders. (Hard rock sliders pictured, to show the difference under flares)

I was hoping getting these would help prevent some of the rock chips everybody’s been posting, but if they’re not going up underneath the fender flares I think it’s still going to get chips.

90E69CCA-A203-4E13-BDD3-89957CAE7E1B.png

C976549B-1B8A-4D62-85D2-BB07C819EF90.png

2CAAE790-2AA5-4CCC-A44C-3D59714D63D0.png

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Ha
Have you been finding any rock chips? I want to get a style like this, but I’ve noticed none seem to go up under the fender flares like my hard rock OEM sliders. (Hard rock sliders pictured, to show the difference under flares)

I was hoping getting these would help prevent some of the rock chips everybody’s been posting, but if they’re not going up underneath the fender flares I think it’s still going to get chips.

90E69CCA-A203-4E13-BDD3-89957CAE7E1B.png

C976549B-1B8A-4D62-85D2-BB07C819EF90.png

2CAAE790-2AA5-4CCC-A44C-3D59714D63D0.png
Haven’t noticed anything yet. Paint still looks factory. Haven’t driven rough gravel or real rocky roads yet. Just dirt/gravel parking lots at the ski resorts.

Lar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Think i have narrowed it down to Roam or LOD destroyers for my replacement sliders and steps. Neither are available yet and was wondering if someone could enlighten me as to the major differences if any between the two? Big question is the cost difference of $399. vs $869. That's a big difference and can't seem to see what the reason is..
Both seem to provide a reasonable step for little ones and older folks ...Both seem to provide additional protection from small rocks being thrown back etc. definitely don't want to be looking at the pinch seam of the body so will try and see which one mounts closer to cover this area. And both seem to provide at least as much protection as the Rubi factory rails.

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited: