Sponsored

Packages/Options that cannot be added later!! What are they??

TnSwtHrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Stingray
Packages/Options that cannot be added later. What are they?? About to put in order and want to know what options I can do without and add later as needed. What are some of your requirements on ordering??
Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Torn between Sport and Sahara
I would definitely add the antispin/D44 upgrade. Getting LSD and the upgraded rear axle for $595 is totally worth it and would cost wayyyyyy more afterwards. This is a no-brainer to me all Sport should get.

Cold weather package - as I heard it's possible to add the heated seats but not the heated steering wheel.

Tech Group - Radio packages will be available to swap but they could be difficult or expensive to find the stock replacements. May be worth getting from the factory. On a sport this adds the upgraded dash display. I'm sure it can be done after but again parts may be difficult/expensive to find.

Tow group - hitch can be added easily. The Aux switches can also be added. Depends if you're worried about the upgraded alternator.

Safety group - I would imagine this is another that would be FAR easier/cheaper to get from factory. I know anything is possible but I imagine this one would be tough to add afterwards.

Cypressbog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4X4
I'm not too sure about the Tow package. I've read if you splice into the wiring harness, you void the warranty.

Sponsored

Cypressbog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4X4
Never mind. I checked Just 4 Jeeps and they have the wiring harness and receiver hitch for about $400.

MisFiTkEv

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport S 2.0l Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I wired it to my 2010 jeep. Easy. it clips into the lighting area with a clip splitter. There was NO SPLICING of wires required. I could just as easily remove it without harm to the vehicle. FYI.

Willy723

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SCREW Lariat 3.5EB, 2016 Explorer Sport, 1990 Mustang GT, 2006 HD FXDL
Hard top wiring harness for window defroster and wiper if you order soft top only will be missing

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Hard top wiring harness for window defroster and wiper if you order soft top only will be missing
The exact reason I went with the hard top. My buddy has his own garage and cust came in to have him install the harness and washer line, no big deal, till he had to flash the bcm ro get it to work. He ended up paying the dealer most of his quoted price just to flash it. I will do the softtop after I get it

Sponsored

OP
OP

TnSwtHrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Stingray
The exact reason I went with the hard top. My buddy has his own garage and cust came in to have him install the harness and washer line, no big deal, till he had to flash the bcm ro get it to work. He ended up paying the dealer most of his quoted price just to flash it. I will do the softtop after I get it
That is my plan too. I'm hoping for a better shaped soft top. I dont like this one.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
That is my plan too. I'm hoping for a better shaped soft top. I dont like this one.
Yeah I dont like the look with the windows out but the top still up. I know people love it and the idea but it doesn't do it for me

Willy723

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SCREW Lariat 3.5EB, 2016 Explorer Sport, 1990 Mustang GT, 2006 HD FXDL
If you are going with a Sahara, the LED lighting package is definitely going to be a lot cheaper than adding LED lights aftermarket unless you go with some cheap knockoffs when available.
Proximity entry has also been discussed that it will cost a fortune to retrofit as opposed to the $495 option cost. (Coming from 3 newer Fords, this was a must for us from being used to never taking the key out of pocket.)

wrangler005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUS 4xe
Did anyone add advanced safety group package later? I have the safety group package right now on my Jeep and I would like to add advanced safety group package because of the Adaptive Cruise Control. I regret not getting it in the first place.

I reached out to Jeep Customer Care via Chat but they don't know and referred me to a local dealer. I am waiting for the dealer to respond and in the meantime checking on this forum.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Deciding between a Sport and Sahara is easy. What are your must have options? There are some options only available on the Sahara or Rubicon. You have to buy a Sahara if you definitely want the 8.4" with Alpine. Same with the Proximity locks. Definitely get the proximity locks if you go with the Sahara. It's the one option a lot of people regret not ordering and it's almost impossible to add later. I would also get the tow package with the AUX-switches factory wired in. Plus it includes a heavy-duty alternator which is a must-have if you go with a 3.6 ESS. It's a lot more expensive if you have to do it afterwards and have dealer flash it. I'd get the 8.4" screen and LEDs also. You will use the LEDs, Proximity locks, 8.4" w/ Alpine every single time you get in to your Wrangler. I highly recommend those options.

Totally forgot..Order the Selec-Trak if you go Sahara. It's exclusive to the Sahara. If not, definitely get the limited-slip.

I'd get the cold weather package also depending on where you live.
Sponsored

Last edited: