Sdallnct

First Name
Scott Dallal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sport 2door manual
Don’t think worth another thread. So I’ll ask here,

Any idea if they will add the premium soft top as an option to the Sport for 2022?

Quickly, I special ordered my MY 2016 Sport in fall of 2015. Only two options I got were AC (live in North Texas) and the premium soft top. I love the premium top.

About a month ago I was at dealership ordering a 2021 Willy’s with tan premium top and tan interior. And just could not pull the trigger. Not just the cost, but I don’t need (or want) an alarm, power windows or door locks, etc. Especially in a 2door. I realize AC is included, but that’s not enough…

I really just want to order a Willy’s Sport with AC and premium tan soft top. That’s it. I don’t daily drive, so I have not gotten tired of manual. I’ve of course gone off road, but I don’t do serious rock crawling.
Sponsored

halljam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
You drive a Grand Cherokee, aren't you on the wrong forum.
Which hasn't prevented me from understanding how this forum works. Curiouser and curiouser.

This is the forum for JL Wrangler info with entire threads dedicated to individual colors. As soon as anybody knows anything for a fact, it will be published here and amplified by the community before the vast majority of dealers have heard about it.

Just sit tight. Things may start trickling out mid-July.

OP
OP
Trainman

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr

Any idea if they will add the premium soft top as an option to the Sport for 2022?

Quickly, I special ordered my MY 2016 Sport in fall of 2015. Only two options I got were AC (live in North Texas) and the premium soft top. I love the premium top.

About a month ago I was at dealership ordering a 2021 Willy’s with tan premium top and tan interior. And just could not pull the trigger. Not just the cost, but I don’t need (or want) an alarm, power windows or door locks, etc. Especially in a 2door. I realize AC is included, but that’s not enough…

I really just want to order a Willy’s Sport with AC and premium tan soft top. That’s it. I don’t daily drive, so I have not gotten tired of manual. I’ve of course gone off road, but I don’t do serious rock crawling.

I too want the base Wrangler with the Premium Soft Top, probably the Willys Sport or the Sport just like you do, standard trans and no power windows, locks, etc. I had a 2017 Willys with the Premium Soft Top and I want another as the Premium top is so much better then the factory stock top. I'm waiting to order a new 2022 from my dealer in Decatur, Texas (Karl Klemment) as soon as I can see what colors, options, etc. will be offered for the 2022 models, I don't expect much change as per the sales mgr. at the dealership, his info comes from his district Jeep sales mgr. You are correct in saying you can not get the Premium Soft Top in these base models as other options are not offered in these models as well. From what I can see the Sport S is the first by price to offer the Premium Soft Top and also in the Beige color which I to do like. As of right now I will probably wait till the first of the year to order, I would like to get a 5% off of list price as I have before, but feel that sales and stock at the dealer will have to be somewhat back to normal as in the past. As you, my Jeep is a TOY and not a daily driver, so time is ok with me.

trainman

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
Fingers crossed the order guide drops in the next week or 2.

Only thing that would get me to pull the trigger on a 21 over a 22 would be a new color, so get er done Jeep!

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
I plan on upgrading my 2018 sport to a 2022 Willy’s or Rubicon. I really want Sarge to hang around!
I'm seeing more Sarge around these days. I saw one in the parking lot at work last week, gave a Jeep wave and he looked at me like I was crazy. Must be the 1990s grunge culture that I grew up in but muted colors are my style. Like another poster said, who knows until the order guides are released. I'd love for them to kill Snazzberry as that is what my wife wants.

Sponsored

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
Snazzberry went from a color I absolutely hated to being neutral on after seeing a ton of pics. Burgundy isn't my jam, but I can see why others like it.

I just can't imagine Jeep really rolls with Sting gray, Granite, Billet and Earl at the same time. Billet was canned so that would still make 3 versions of grey all available at the same time.

Knowing Jeep, this months order guide will be identical to last month with no new colors. Because life.

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
I wish they would bring back Dune. How in the hell you do not offer basic military shades on a wrangler is beyond me. Sarge, Dune, and Sting-grey are a must. As is Sliver, black, and white.

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
I wish they would bring back Dune. How in the hell you do not offer basic military shades on a wrangler is beyond me. Sarge, Dune, and Sting-grey are a must. As is Sliver, black, and white.
2013 and 2014 had some really rad colors. Commando, Dune, Dozer, Hydro, they were clicking on all cylinders. I'm with you, gotta have earth tones and SOMETHING tan in the lineup at all times.

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
2013 and 2014 had some really rad colors. Commando, Dune, Dozer, Hydro, they were clicking on all cylinders. I'm with you, gotta have earth tones and SOMETHING tan in the lineup at all times.
Exactly.
Sponsored