What options are causing delays?

pennsoxfan

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
About to pull the trigger on a JLUR order. Anybody know what options, packages, engines, etc. are currently causing delays in builds?
Sponsored

JRA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Hydro Blue JLUR
I placed an order last week and the sales consultant said hardtop headliners have been causing delays

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

There are already two threads that have a lot of discussion on this:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...d-gorilla-glass-in-d1-status-yet.73462/unread - Gorilla Glass is widely accepted as the cause of most delays. Current rumors point to July 6th as when those orders will actually start being built, but no one really knows for sure.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/what-in-the-world-is-going-on-in-toledo.73667/unread - more general discussion. Someone hinted that headliners + cold weather package were causing delays, but I placed my order last Tuesday with both and thus far, I'm in "all the parts are available, ready to be built" status. All things being well, I *should* go into Build status by Wed/Thurs this week, based on dates being shared by others, but we'll see.

But if you want your Jeep in July, I would definitely avoid adding Gorilla Glass. It's a killer deal for $95, and if you're good not getting your Jeep until August, then I would absolutely add it.

Canyonero02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green JLUR
Gorilla Glass and dual door group have been causing delays. I just picked up my JLUR on Saturday. I ordered 2.0, 8.4 Alpine, LED, Tow/Aux switches, dual top, cold weather, proximity. Ordered 5/18, arrived at dealer on 6/3.

Loweguy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport Altitude, 2021 Kia Stinger GT
I ordered an unlimited Altitude on 6/6 with 2.0, cold weather, 8.4/ Alpine, Sarge Green and it comes with headliner. Dealer told me it is in D1 and they expect it to arrive before 6/30.

Sponsored

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Gorilla Glass and dual door group have been causing delays. I just picked up my JLUR on Saturday. I ordered 2.0, 8.4 Alpine, LED, Tow/Aux switches, dual top, cold weather, proximity. Ordered 5/18, arrived at dealer on 6/3.
This just shows, who knows?? I ordered a JLUR on 5/15. Same build as you.. 2.0, 8.4, LED, Tow, Dual Tops, cold weather and prox. No 1/2 doors, steel bumpers or top liner. Jeep Chat has said "Paint Stage" for 3 weeks. The chip shortage must be holding up White paint :like::rock::LOL::like:

OP
OP
pennsoxfan

pennsoxfan

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
When I go to the Jeep website and do a build, it doesn't even have Gorilla Glass as an option. Is it something you have to specify with the dealer?

Canyonero02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green JLUR
When I go to the Jeep website and do a build, it doesn't even have Gorilla Glass as an option. Is it something you have to specify with the dealer?
It was added to the dealer order guides some time in May and is on the June order guide. There's a thread with the guides pinned in this section. It's a $95 option. I'm glad I didn't order it.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
GG is on the order sheet, but hasn't started regular production, the color Gecko is the same way, the estimated time is mid July to start production. (I know there is one Gecko, but it was built before it even showed up in the order system and was probably a pre-production test run.)

I would order what you want. What has been delayed in May and June may not be delayed in July when your Jeep is manufactured.

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
I placed an order last week and the sales consultant said hardtop headliners have been causing delays
I know where you can get the headliners aftermarket :fist bump:

Sponsored

Qjoh5510

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
I went to buy some factory wiring connectors for the fender lights a few weeks ago and all suppliers are out of stock on the particular one jeep uses for the halogen rubicon fenders. Not sure if the same connector is used for other models. But I would have to speculate that this could also cause a delay in building. Every supplier I tried buying from is saying they won’t have more in stock till about December.

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5; Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I ordered exact same day (JLUR V6 MT including Gorilla Glass and hard top headliner and target ship date just added this past week is 7/22).

summer4x

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
That is an incredibly fast build and shipping time.
Sponsored