Sponsored

Dealer added options

Canucklesammich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
OK, I'm expecting "the call" that my JLR is in sometime in the next 2 weeks. I'm trying to prepare for what I expect will be an onslaught of DAOs when the time comes. I'm already deadset that I won't take any of them; that said, I don't want to be caught off guard by something I hadn't expected & might find tempting. So, what crap...I mean opportunities.., were pitched to you when the time came for the paperwork?
Sponsored

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
I have the entire deal completed before the vehicle arrives, so that I'm not "pitched" anything. I simply show up, sign the paperwork, and drive off. It's also a best practice to have your financing terms already secured prior to going to the dealership. Once secured, email your dealer's finance manager and ask if they can beat the terms you already have secured. If yes, finance with the dealer, if no, use your own financing. :like:

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Gupton offered nothing but the extended warranty, which was a ~5-minute "I have to be able to say that I offered it to you" conversation, after which we signed the paperwork and I drove off.

Xspurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Juliet Lima
You should already know if the dealer plans on doing this. If they are a dealer like that it wouldn't hurt to remind them in advance you don't want any of that stuff so they can't argue that it's already there. If you end up in that kind of fight with them, you and whomever they get to buy when they use that as an excuse to get out of your deal will lose.

OP
OP
Canucklesammich

Canucklesammich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Sorry, I didn't state that financing is already a done deal. Hopefully, they'll just take "no" for a response; I'm just expecting since I'm not financing thru them, they'll push to boost their bottom line from the DAO side of things. As far as I should already know, I've never purchased from this dealer; and though they have good reviews for the dealership, that doesn't guarantee a smooth deal. My goal here was to mine your guys' & gals' experiences. "To be forewarned is to be forearmed". Or something like that.

Sponsored

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
If you planning to purchase any add ons I would suggest shopping around first, or simply declining at time of purchase so you can get some price quotes, extended warranties etc can vary in price from one dealership to another, the forum has great discounts from sponsors and other sellers on the site, so def keep that in mind before purchasing anything! If they offer you something at a certain price you’ll know the cost to you and be able to counter, if they really want the sale they will work with you, if not simply say no, I can get it at a lower price from here! Best of luck!

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Sorry, I didn't state that financing is already a done deal. Hopefully, they'll just take "no" for a response; I'm just expecting since I'm not financing thru them, they'll push to boost their bottom line from the DAO side of things. As far as I should already know, I've never purchased from this dealer; and though they have good reviews for the dealership, that doesn't guarantee a smooth deal. My goal here was to mine your guys' & gals' experiences. "To be forewarned is to be forearmed". Or something like that.
I would call and tell your salesman to make sure they don't do the standard add on package. I had negotiated it out of the deal at order, but they still did it (Nitro, Tint, "protectant" stuff) even with me calling to warn him when it was shipping.

I didn't end up paying for it, but still frustrating.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Rust proofing
Paint warranty
Warranty for water damage eg Wrangler left in the rain with top open
Lost job insurance to cover payments
Sponsored