OP

eric.frederich

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURubicon
Curious, did Jeep replace the clip under warranty and/or give you any feedback on the issue? Thx
I wasn't going to make a trip to a dealership just to ask about the clip... but then the other day my backup camera stopped working. So when I brought it in for that I mentioned it. They there is no part-number for that, and they're looking into it trying to get a new one ordered for me.
Sponsored

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Okay, here is the photo of the broken off plug. What do you think I should do? I bought my Wrangler out of state. Is this a Warranty issue? I think there will have to be a recall at some point. The placement of of that just doesn't work with the soft top. Literally impossible to lift the soft top while that is in place.

IMG_20180323_174737.jpg
Same thing just happened to me last night :(

Seriously not cool.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Question: Is the device that holds the washer hose and electrics to the back hard top windshield difficult to remove by design (as opposed to closing the soft top breaking it off as reported here?)

It seems to be on a pressure clip, which I hope requires less than tool related strength to release; i.e. that which fingers can handle--yeah, I know, do this a dozen times and the clip will break off and it'll be "real" easy..

I'd be inclined to take this clip out prior to returning a taken down soft top back to its "closed on the rig" position.

Do I have this problem right; am I even making sense?

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Follow up question: what might be the easiest way for FCA to address this?

...make a new piece the clip sits in, reorienting the position of the hole out of the way?

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Question: Is the device that holds the washer hose and electrics to the back hard top windshield difficult to remove by design (as opposed to closing the soft top breaking it off as reported here?)

It seems to be on a pressure clip, which I hope requires less than tool related strength to release; i.e. that which fingers can handle--yeah, I know, do this a dozen times and the clip will break off and it'll be "real" easy..

I'd be inclined to take this clip out prior to returning a taken down soft top back to its "closed on the rig" position.

Yes, if you knew it was going to get stuck, you could remove the clip and have them floating around like we did in our JK.

Sponsored

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Follow up question: what might be the easiest way for FCA to address this?

...make a new piece the clip sits in, reorienting the position of the hole out of the way?
Yes.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I removed my clip today and covered the hole with electric tape, putting the clip in the tub.

When I run the soft top I'll just attach the two cables from the hard top to it and let it dangle in the air.

joecitrix97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 YJ Sahara, '18 JLU Sahara
Found a solution to not damage my top and not scratch up the back.

A sunglasses case with drawstrings.

DD5DAE41-3548-4A54-9364-30C5EDBEDFF8.jpeg
Thank you for posting. This is good stuff. Going to look for something like this for mine as well.

Sponsored

CuylerTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Bright White 3.6L 8 Speed
I was thinking about this. I’ll probably end up just designing and 3D printing a new holder for mine.

SkilledOne4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1966 Ford Mustang GT
Found a solution to not damage my top and not scratch up the back.

A sunglasses case with drawstrings.

DD5DAE41-3548-4A54-9364-30C5EDBEDFF8.jpeg
Genius man. I have done the same thing after switching tops and am thankful for seeing this.

themattparty

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Okay, here is the photo of the broken off plug. What do you think I should do? I bought my Wrangler out of state. Is this a Warranty issue? I think there will have to be a recall at some point. The placement of of that just doesn't work with the soft top. Literally impossible to lift the soft top while that is in place.

IMG_20180323_174737.jpg
That pops back in. Regardless, it’s not water tight.

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

It is not attached too tightly, but it is plastic and does not appear to be designed for repeated removal. Having said that, the soft top is heavy and sits RIGHT on top of it. Strange because the concept of the electrical/washer harness (mine even has white tape for reinforcement and to indicate how to curve back the line) is really nice.

I posted elsewhere that they need a metal bracket like a bent "L" or something above this electrical holder because the weight of the soft top just sits on it when the top is being installed, or in the full down position. In fact I had to fight mine just to get the soft top up because the top wedges underneath/against the connection.
Sponsored