Topless with doors off, concerns.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I leave it naked pretty much all summer. Never had a problem, even parking in and driving through some very sketchy areas.

I added Bestop’s instatrunk so I could get a bit more secure storage, which helps.
Sponsored

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
This is one of the reasons why I’m glad they increased the hidden trunk space. If I needed to leave some camera gear in the Jeep for a quick bit I could just hide it in there and no one would think any differently.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Where can you buy $20.00 sun glasses?
Amazon. There are over 400 pages of results when using the price range of $0.01 to $20.00. Whenever I buy $100+ sunglasses, they get lost, sat on, break, etc. in a week. When I buy cheap glasses, they never get lost or sat on. Go figure. lol

Sponsored

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. Many of them have 100s of reviews and 4.5 stars out of 5.0. Example: https://www.amazon.com/MERRYS-Polarized-Aluminum-Sunglasses-Vintage/dp/B01M311ACN/ 4.5 stars, 1,525 reviews.

glasses.jpg
Lol they did get a “C” grade from Fakespot for reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/Jackson-Safety-Nemesis-Polarized-Glasses/dp/B071L148K4
I have purchased these and can say they’re pretty awesome Safety sunglasses for $18. The plastic feels flimsy but the actual lenses are solid. They got an “A” grade from Fakespot.

Sponsored

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
But “time”. Sorry I said anything. Try staring into a SoCal sun heading east in rush hour with cheap sunglasses. You would be one of the jerks holding up traffic.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
So, back to the main topic... pros outweigh the cons for the top down. Here are but a few.

Dogs...

dogjeep.jpg

The smile it puts on your face and others...

jeepsmile.jpg

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
There are so called crimes of opportunity, and I think same applies to mischief. I arrived back at my open top CJ once, and found the lights were switched on (it was daytime), and the spare bottle of oil was laying on a different part of the floor. I checked the bottle and it was empty. On a hunch, I inspected the gas filler area, and found evidence someone had poured the oil into the fuel tank.

I had been parked on a generic side street for a few hours while attending some college classes. There didn't seem much reason someone would do this, other than someone was a jerk and saw the opportunity. Some people are like that. After that I didn't leave anything in the Jeep that someone could use to create mischief. And I installed a padlock on the hood, and a locking gas cap. It bites but there are people out there who will mess with your stuff just because that is who they are - so at least I try not to make it easy for them.