Sponsored

Topless with doors off, concerns.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Not that I care but that might be something you want to put in PM. You know, no insurance fraud advice on a public forum.:angel:
Hi insurance companies! Prove my doors weren't locked lol.
Sponsored

ekometti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge 392, 2015 Cayenne S
I am more concerned that this was the image that popped into your thought process. :cwl:

To answer the question, I have never had a concern and I have never had an issue. I guess that may be different if I was to drive into Boston and park it over night. Where I live 40 miles outside of Boston, no worries here.
LOL, yeah go park in Hyde park or Mattapan see what happens.....

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I feel you OP.. first year with a wrangler and I’m going to go topless and doorless when it gets hot out. I’ll also be immediately posting if I walk back to find a driver seat missing or something stupid.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TankGirl

TankGirl

First Name
VRae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
Occupation
Sith Lord
E4228500-3A74-4561-8C9C-38544CB391DB.jpeg

...which, coincidentally, hints to your one true enemy
Oh no! I didn’t even think about that.
Welp, I’m never going topless. That solves the problem of needing to build a hardtop lift.

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
Oh no! I didn’t even think about that.
Welp, I’m never going topless. That solves the problem of needing to build a hardtop lift.
Lol...no! Just don’t park under a tree. (And keep wet wipes at all times)

sten

First Name
sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2018 JL
Hey, a different question; what are the safety implications (side or frontal collision) when driving with the doors off?

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
Lots. Suffice it to say be extra vigilant and know you are taking a risk. Even the manual will say it is only recommended for off-road. That being said I have been doing it for 20+ years on road with no issues. And it is so worth every second of it :like:

Sponsored

Col Oliver

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler UL Rubicon, 2015 Indian Scout, 2015 Challenger Shaker, 1979 Triumph TR8
It is not a jeep story but a story about a BMW. My friend had just bought her new BMW M3 in Portland. She had shown it to a few friends if forgot to lock the door. Middle of the night the police knocked on her door and asked her to come look at her car. When she went out she found that a homeless man had set camp up in her rear seat and his two dogs were sleeping On her front seats. The car stank until the day she sold it

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
I left my doors unlocked and still had someone slash my window to get in. :facepalm:

My TJ was generally top down as much as possible. I can't recall ever having bird poop anywhere on it. Just leave nothing of value in there, and get a good locking Tuffy security console or similar as soon as one is available. I also had an alarm with an interior proximity sensor, so I actually had it go off when a bunch of teenagers decided to sit inside it while I was at work. Nobody ever messed with it though.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL