VRae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
Occupation
Sith Lord
I couldn’t find similar so I have a question:

When you’re riding topless with doors off are you not concerned someone’s going to mess with your vehicle? I don’t leave anything of value in the Jeep and I don’t lock anything so no one has a reason to break stuff.

I’m just worried I’ll come out of the store to a homeless orgy going on in my new baby.

Irrational fear?
Sponsored

Last edited:

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
It’s always a concern but goes with the territory. Just have to be able to accept anything that happens. I went to an event where we parked on a boardwalk and left top down and doors off. Came back from beach to find several water bottles in my Jeep. I was surprised and a little annoyed at first but quickly got over it. What are you gonna do?

OP
OP
TankGirl

TankGirl

First Name
VRae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
Occupation
Sith Lord
Haven't heard of it happening, but someone here will have a horror story. or is that what you were really fishing for? ;)
Oh gosh no, horror stories would insure I never take my top or doors off. My seats are cloth and tan, they would easily get wrecked.

OP
OP
TankGirl

TankGirl

First Name
VRae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
Occupation
Sith Lord
It’s always a concern but goes with the territory. Just have to be able to accept anything that happens. I went to an event where we parked on a boardwalk and left top down and doors off. Came back from beach to find several water bottles in my Jeep. I was surprised and a little annoyed at first but quickly got over it. What are you gonna do?
I’m fine with some water bottles or other trash but bodily fluids is where I’m drawing the line.

Sponsored

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Never s
I’m fine with some water bottles or other trash but bodily fluids is where I’m drawing the line.
Never heard of or seen that one happen. Probably did 40k+ miles with the doors in the garage on my JK and never had an issue. If you’re worried (I was a bit at first) you can always get a proximity alarm that will warn folks away if they reach inside.

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I couldn’t find similar so I have a question:

When you’re riding topless with doors off are you not concerned someone’s going to mess with your vehicle? I don’t leave anything of value in the Jeep and I don’t lock anything so no one has a reason to break stuff.

I’m just worried I’ll come out of the store to a homeless orgy going on in my new baby.

Irrational fear?
It would depend where you live and where you leave it... I wouldn't leave it in a parking lot like that if I lived in the Bronx.

I live in a relatively peaceful area, so I wouldn't mind leaving it like that here, but I still wouldn't just leave my sunglasses or phone in it like that where ever I park it. Take all your valuables with you and you should be OK if you're in a safe neighborhood.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I am more concerned that this was the image that popped into your thought process. :cwl:

To answer the question, I have never had a concern and I have never had an issue. I guess that may be different if I was to drive into Boston and park it over night. Where I live 40 miles outside of Boston, no worries here.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
100% depends on location and blind luck. If you park in Oakland, Raiders fans might flip it if you have a Dallas Cowboys sticker on the back. If you park in San Francisco, you will have "life coach" services flyers all over it. If you park it where spring break is happening, you might find people having sex in it or beer poured on it. lol A good idea, for example, would be to park it right next to the outdoor seating at a restaurant. That way people are less likely to mess with it when there are witnesses. I wonder if a fake blinking camera on it pointing into the interior would discourage people from messing with it. Or maybe they might try to steal the camera. Who knows.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TankGirl

TankGirl

First Name
VRae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
Occupation
Sith Lord

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I find most people respect these vehicles. I think you'd have a bigger chance of getting struck by lightning than having someone piss in your jeep.

Provided you're in a halfway decent neighborhood, don't be scared to go topless and doors off.

...but if you have a manual transmission, maybe turn the wheel if it's parked on a hill.

jasceni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Ocean Blue
I live just outside Boston (street parking) and work in Dorchester. I leave it unlocked whenever my softtop is on so no one cuts it open so leaving the top off doesn't really bother after you get use to it.

JaredNJ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S auto
Vehicle Showcase
I live just outside Boston (street parking) and work in Dorchester. I leave it unlocked whenever my softtop is on so no one cuts it open so leaving the top off doesn't really bother after you get use to it.
You'd actually be better off with the doors locked. Any insurance policy with full coverage would cover vandalism, like the top being cut or a window broken. Most will not cover theft from a vehicle with unlocked doors.
Sponsored