First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
I have had one idiot hawk a loogie in one of my sports cars while I was in a convenience store. On a seperate occasion at the convenience store, I have someone leave their McDonalds trash in my Jeep.
Both annoying, but not significant.
I have had two different occasions where someone tried to break into my convertible sports cars by slicing the top. Now, I just leave the doors unlocked. However, I haven't decided what to do when I have really nice navigation system in my JL...
Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
You'd actually be better off with the doors locked. Any insurance policy with full coverage would cover vandalism, like the top being cut or a window broken. Most will not cover theft from a vehicle with unlocked doors.
That kind of depends on your deductible.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
You'd actually be better off with the doors locked. Any insurance policy with full coverage would cover vandalism, like the top being cut or a window broken. Most will not cover theft from a vehicle with unlocked doors.
How about Theft of the vehicle if you're using tube doors that can't lock? Or vandalism? I guess they expect you to do the top up every time?

JaredNJ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S auto
Vehicle Showcase
How about Theft of the vehicle if you're using tube doors that can't lock? Or vandalism? I guess they expect you to do the top up every time?
I'd like to think my insurance company would be accommodating, but I wouldn't want to find out the hard way. At the end of the day, I can only hold them to what's in the policy contract. It's entirely possible they'd be willing to pay (or not even ask in the first place), but if they refused because the policy excludes unlocked doors, it's not like I could take them to court over it.

Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Doors must have been unlocked by the vandal.

OP
OP
TankGirl

TankGirl

First Name
VRae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
Occupation
Sith Lord
Doors must have been unlocked by the vandal.
Well crud, I leave all my doors unlocked since I have manual everything. Guess I’ll just hope no one ever decides to try it.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Well crud, I leave all my doors unlocked since I have manual everything. Guess I’ll just hope no one ever decides to try it.
No....you're missing my point. When you talk to insurance and/or cops you tell them you lock ALL your doors EVERY time...

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Like they would know. You can just pull off the rear windows from outside the Jeep.
If you lock the doors thieves will think you've got something worth locking in there.

Grindhouseknives

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLU Sport S
It wasn’t a “soup kitchen” or anything but there was a homeless guy sitting in my JK when I had the doors and top off last summer. It was parked on the street in downtown KC. Building security ran him off because they know my jeep. I found the gig a couple of days later and had a conversation with him!!

Sponsored

jasceni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Ocean Blue
That's why I spent the money on a viper alarm and full coverage

OP
OP
TankGirl

TankGirl

First Name
VRae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
Occupation
Sith Lord
No....you're missing my point. When you talk to insurance and/or cops you tell them you lock ALL your doors EVERY time...
Oh, gotcha. That one flew over my head. :cwl:

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
Not that I care but that might be something you want to put in PM. You know, no insurance fraud advice on a public forum.:angel:
Sponsored