Tazer JL Mini

Slice

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Anybody using one? Does it play well with the 4xe or should I wait a bit to purchase? Thx
Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
It does just fine. It anchors your max regen selection. It marries to the system with no problems. You have to follow the specific steps for the 4Xe to recalibrate for tire size. Mine shipped with the update that includes the 4Xe but you should always check software version prior to hooking it up.

SpaceCase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
Anybody using one? Does it play well with the 4xe or should I wait a bit to purchase? Thx
I just installed mine, and can confirm the most recent firmware works and Max Regen latching. You will not get several of the features on the 4xe currently:
-Brake hold
-Winch Mode (not really necessary as the 12v charges from the 400v)
-Anchor Mode
-Rock Crawl
-Line Lock
-Full Traction Control Disable

I am also experiencing an issue with tire fill not working on my front drivers tire, but I emailed support and have no doubt it will get fixed. I am also curious to see what other features they will be coming out with now that they have a 4xe in hand!

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd like an anchor for which drive I'm wanting to use as I generally hit electric every time I get in the vehicle.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In my case, the mini is anchoring the max regen about 80% of the time. It is not doing it 100% of the time. Still better than not doing it at all.

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Anyone having issues not getting access to full menus?

I am only seeing a handful of options and submenus both when the vehicle is not running and when it is running (using the 3 tap method for the 4xe).

Wondering if I am just doing something wrong, or if maybe my "Tazer JL Mini" is actually a "Tazer JL Mini Lite" and not fully activated? I do not see an activation code in my email or on my order slip to activate, but I did notice that the EVIC display includes "LT" in the version info for Tazer

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Wondering if I am just doing something wrong, or if maybe my "Tazer JL Mini" is actually a "Tazer JL Mini Lite" and not fully activated? I do not see an activation code in my email or on my order slip to activate, but I did notice that the EVIC display includes "LT" in the version info for Tazer
Where did you purchase the device from? The Mini does not require an activation. The Lite only requires an upgrade activation code to be entered if you want to upgrade it to a Mini.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Where did you purchase the device from? The Mini does not require an activation. The Lite only requires an upgrade activation code to be entered if you want to upgrade it to a Mini.
I purchased from RiverCity Offroad. Sent them an email to check to make sure I'm not missing something.

What is the best way to tell which version I actually have? My receipt and box indicate "PALJL-TAZER-MINI" and the price was $329.00 minus a 10% discount from their site sale.

What has me thrown off is seeing the "LT" in the version info screen for my Tazer menu, and the fact that I am only seeing a handful of options.

I also Jeep getting an “Updating...” message that pops up occasionally on my EVIC while in the Tazer menu (nothing on my UConnect display though). I’ve let it sit for a while but nothing ever completed.

Photos attached, appreciate any help I can get!

B622F473-BDA1-45E2-8048-334368DB7B65.jpeg

17BA9A2D-7527-4125-9B1D-0292A03CD650.jpeg

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Trying a recovery mode update on the Tazer JL Mini now. Fingers crossed. Will report back with an update

@River City Offroad - any chance the TazerJL Mini that I received from you could have been a partially activated TazerJL Mini Lite?
Jeep Wrangler JL Tazer JL Mini Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 6.37.39 PM

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I purchased from RiverCity Offroad. Sent them an email to check to make sure I'm not missing something.

What is the best way to tell which version I actually have? My receipt and box indicate "PALJL-TAZER-MINI" and the price was $329.00 minus a 10% discount from their site sale.

What has me thrown off is seeing the "LT" in the version info screen for my Tazer menu, and the fact that I am only seeing a handful of options.
I believe you’ve been sent a Lite. On mine it says TZ JL followed by my firmware version 11.2.8

I also Jeep getting an “Updating...” message that pops up occasionally on my EVIC while in the Tazer menu (nothing on my UConnect display though). I’ve let it sit for a while but nothing ever completed.
That’s normal. It’s just the Tazer communicating with the vehicle.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

partially activated TazerJL Mini Lite?
There’s a Mini and a Lite. There isn’t a Mini Lite. Both come ready out of the box. As mentioned above, to upgrade a Lite to a Mini you need to purchase and enter an activation code.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Trying a recovery mode update on the Tazer JL Mini now. Fingers crossed. Will report back with an update

@River City Offroad - any chance the TazerJL Mini that I received from you could have been a partially activated TazerJL Mini Lite?
Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 6.37.39 PM.png
Not sure if this screen should always be available, or if it is ONLY available for "unactivated" devices.

At this point I am thinking I perhaps received a Mini Lite inadvertently, and will need an activation code to be able to get the full capabilities.
There’s a Mini and a Lite. There isn’t a Mini Lite. Both come ready out of the box. As mentioned above, to upgrade a Lite to a Mini you need to purchase and enter an activation code.
Thanks! I agree, it seems like I received the wrong unit (Lite) rather than the Mini that I purchased.

@River City Offroad - I think the Mini and Lite are the same physical device, right? I sent you an email; please PM me or email an activation code so I can access the Mini functionality ASAP. Invoice 14973 đź‘Ť

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if this screen should always be available, or if it is ONLY available for "unactivated" devices.

At this point I am thinking I perhaps received a Mini Lite inadvertently, and will need an activation code to be able to get the full capabilities.

Thanks! I agree, it seems like I received the wrong unit (Lite) rather than the Mini that I purchased.

@River City Offroad - I think the Mini and Lite are the same physical device, right? I sent you an email; please PM me or email an activation code so I can access the Mini functionality ASAP. Invoice 14973 đź‘Ť
Isn't the price indicative of a mini and not a lite. If they sent a lite without an activation code, I'm guessing they sent the wrong tazer.
Sponsored